2020-21 UEFA Nations League

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by NaBUru38, Sep 30, 2019.

1. mojo54

mojo54 Member

May 18, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The UEFA website (under the tickets tab) implies that tickets will be sold through fan clubs/federations of the four participating nations. Although this does not say that they will not sell on the open market, that appears to be the implication.

2. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I've registered for tickets so we'll see what happens. I'd have thought they'd struggle to half fill the stadiums.

3. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Being in Italy id say your prediction is probably going to be true. I can see our fans caring as much as they did with the confederations cup back in the day lol

4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm wondering how the success of the Euros influence the Italian fans on this one.. will it be, "meh - we already won something so whatever for this mini--Euro tourney" or will there be a wave of excitement surrounding the team going into this people desperate to go to the games. I kind of completely forgot this was one, but it's only a couple of weeks away. Looking forward to it.. Could be a last chance, well 2nd last chance for this Belgian side to finally win a first ever trophy...

BocaFan repped this.
  5. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we will always support our nation no matter what. But there won't be any urgency or importance placed towards this much like with the past confederations cup. for us it will be a good test to play one or two big nations and tweak things with the look ahead towards Qatar.

especially Spain... since they put us under pressure for much of the euro match in the midfield.. will be interesting to see how Mancini will adapt.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Eden Hazard should do his country a favor and retire from int'l football. Just too much talent for those midfield & winger positions for him to waste a spot on the squad, much less starting XI.

7. SpiritofDennisBerkamp

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any update anywhere on when tickets on sale? Three weeks to go, you would have thought they want someone to go?

8. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    From the FAQ.

"Ticket sales for the general public have not started yet. All the details will be communicated in due course.
    For fan club members of the teams participating in the event, ticket sales are ongoing. For more details, please contact the corresponding football federation.
    Was this article helpful?"

At least the prices are better than the Euros!

one.JPG two.JPG

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much are tickets for the quarterfinals?

.... just kidding, just kidding....

10. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Chesco United repped this.
  12. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
  13. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Got mine. Just saying, all categories still available, including 7 euro restricted view tickets. Absolutely crazy.

14. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Italy as EURO champions will be probably not as hungry as the other teams. For Belgium it's the last feasible chance for an internatonal trophy with this generation. The World Cup seems out of reach unless some youngsters such as Vanheusden and Saelemaekers really develop very well until Qatar.
    For Spain there are important ranking points at stake. They are currently in a fight with several other teams for the 7th place in the FIFA World Rankings which will probably guarantee to be seeded for the World Cup draw.
    France are coming off the back of a dissappointing EURO. Their incentive is it to show that it was only an accident.

I'm already pumped up and can't wait to see how the finals unfold.

15. shvungpita19

shvungpita19 Red Card

Sep 25, 2021
  16. Guerino

Guerino Member

Inter
    Italy
    May 24, 2021
    Most Italian football fans don't even know there is going to be the Nations League Final in Milan. They are only bothered Serie A has been stopped again. Some of my friends had the chance to get SF cat1 tkt for free and they refused.
    I will be at the stadium, like I was in Wembley on July 11th. But I have to admit we have very poor supporters.

Chesco United and glennaldo_sf repped this.
  17. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    only because its a made up friendly cup.

The support for the national team during the euros was excellent.

18. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    The support in the stadiums was indeed great. But the audience ratings were dissappointing.

19. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ok lets see your source that audience ratings were disappointing?

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    TBF, any nation can get excited when their country is on the cusp of some big or unexpected success. I bet India would temporarily become a football nation if their country qualified for a World Cup.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just noticed there are 4 Nations league matchdays scheduled for June next year. Holy crap! That's a bit excessive.

calabrese8 repped this.
  22. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1.38 Billion people and many more that have emigrated from there and they cant field 11 decent soccer players... puzzles me. and its not like they aren't into soccer/football.

Chesco United repped this.
  23. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    @Kamtedrejt

What do you make of these predictions?

Italy should beat Spain who have been very lackluster as of late. It's hard to predict with France, but they have the edge over Belgium. Likely a France-Italy final, a game I can see going to penalties with Donnarumma making the difference again.

24. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  25. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    #125 Kamtedrejt, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    It could happen. Any combination in the final would be thinkable.

My predicted Final Standings

1) Belgium
    2) Spain
    3) France
    4) Italy

Belgium will be the team playing with most intent. It's their best shot at a trophy. I feel they can much better thrive in a Nations League type of situation than in the knockout stage of a major tournament.
    Obviously Italy have the least to prove.
    I think it will be noticeable on the pitch. There won't be any regrets as they added a trophy to their collection this summer and set up a new world record in unbeaten games.
    I see that streak ending tonight though against Spain in extra time.