2020/21 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He was one of the stellar players in Rio Ave's campaign this season. Left winger, has 32 appearances, 2 goals, 6 assists. But I think he'd be suited for the left mid position, someone who can run up and down the flank. This only makes sense if Acuna is gone IMO.

Geraldes and Dala don't seem like good enough players for us. In the case of Geraldes he's had enough chances.

natenate101 repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I would too if the club I'm dealing with is making headlines for the wrong reasons.

Looks like another Bruma. Loads of talent but no brain. There's something wrong in our academy. Too much training technical ability but doesn't seem like we're doing enough mental training.

We risk losing him for free so if he really wants to leave to Arsenal or Dortmund as rumoured I'd want at least a deal like that with at least 25% future transfer fee. I don't believe someone is paying 45 million unless he's the next wonderkid.

3. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    What happened to the BS news papers saying his 45 mil clause was gonna be broken .... what a joke the soccer newspapers in Portugal are....It is so obvious when they are doing the agents bidding for them.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ******** that. He’s contract doesn’t expire until 2022. We have the leverage here. If he doesn’t want to sign an extension, then he can sit on the bench for another 2 years.

there is absolutely ZERO reason to sell him for anything less than €45 million. Zero reason.

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I can give you 20 million reasons.

Hes supposed to be this superstar but cant get any minutes on arguably our worst squad of all time? C'mon now.

6. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    We declined Arsenal's 20 million offer for Joelson. I'm intrigued to see how this pans out.

And it looks Porto stole Nuno Santos from us as well

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Varandas and Viana: "We've been planning the next season since January"

August 3rd, after selling Bruno Fernandes, Matheus Pereira: We have no money, need to sell to buy, struggle to sign anyone.

8. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    It's sad to say this, but in that last 10 years, BDC was our most competent manager in terms of making transfers/deals etc. It's just unfortunate that the guy is a bi polar train wreck.

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I mean, he wasn't great at it either. Good at selling but had some atrocious purchases.

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nuno Mendes rumors floating around. One says Madrid is interested, most say ManU is looking at him.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    45 million or nothing! The kid is gonna be a star.

12. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Maybe so, but definitely better than Varandas and Godinho Lopes.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Varandas signings have been awful. It was hard not to make a good sale with Bruno Fernandes, and Thierry Correia for 13M was really good too. Everything else though...

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Man, you know it's a sad point in Sportings history when we're discussing who was shittier at their job.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It seems there is literally nobody in the SCP universe that's competent apparently.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's funny how retarded most Sporting fans are. It's as if the only options they have in their minds are BDC or some other Croquette thief. Why does it have to be either of them? Why do they fantasize about a president who had moderate success but still didn't win shit in his time here?

SCP fans need to think beyond that myopic bullshit. Move forward, and first, work towards ousting Rogerio Alves and all his fuck-buddies before worrying about anything else.

17. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I don't know if this is directed at me, but I've never fantasized about BDC. I'm glad the goof is gone. All i said was it's pretty sad that he's been our better manager in terms of transfers the last 10 years. If it's up to me, i wouldn't want any of these idiots, but this has been the life of a Sportinguista for quite some time. Just complete trash running the show.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Latest rumours

From Jornal Record:
    • Velez Sarsfield captain Gianetti is linked to us and the 26 year old could move for around 3 million euros.
    • Battaglia has market in Spain and looks more likely to leave
    • Ex-Tondela midfielder Pepelu offered to us (currently at Levante)
    From Jornal A Bola:
    • Wanderson from Krasnodar, 25 year old Brazilian right winger could cost somewhere around 7 million euros
    • Lyanco from Torino, 23 year old Brazilian center back who has played for Brazil U23 squad with Wendel, is linked to us and valued on the market at 6.5 million euros. He wants to leave Torino which could facilitate a move
    From Jornal O Jogo:
    • Representatives allegedly tried to meet with Braga to potentially sign Paulinho, Ricardo Horta and Fransergio but were denied, with Braga's president refusing to negotiate with us as we have not paid any of the release clause of Ruben Amorim
    • Wanderson also being linked here as well as in Jornal A Bola, maybe this one has some truth in it?
    At least the quality of players being linked to us is starting to rise. Maybe we do have some money after all? Although why are we still dealing with Braga?

SCP_16 and natenate101 repped this.
  19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Not at all directed towards you. It's all the Brunistas that have a difficult time understanding that neither Bruno or Varandas are the answer.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Latest rumours

From Jornal Record:
    • Gianetti wants to move to Europe and leave Velez Sarsfield, which could facilitate a deal to Alvalade for the Velez captain.
    From Jornal O Jogo:
    • Krasnodar want 10 million for Wanderson
    From A Bola:
    • No transfer news, but they mention that because of Mihajlovic's appeal to receive another 750K from us from the contract that was signed for a few days in 2018, UEFA is withholding prize money until the case is resolved

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Today's rumours (August 7)

From Jornal Record:
    • Amorim doesn't want Ristovski in the squad for next season and he is on the transfer list for 5 million euros, with some reported interest from Germany
    • Chelsea young midfielder Juan Castillo offered to us
    • Celta Vigo want Robertone, a player that has been linked to us since last year as a replacement for Bruno Fernandes
    From O Jogo:
    • Jovane's good 2nd half of the season has made him a target for several clubs, but we are demanding at least 30 million euros for him.
    From A Bola:
    • Adrien had an interview where he says he spoke to Ruben Amorim and Varandas and was told he was not an option for a possible transfer
    • Amorim wants Paulinho from Braga but they only will sell for the release clause (30 million)

22. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    You guys will be far behind the big 2. Look at who Benfica is signing! And they have Jesus . Cavani is close to signing for them.

the goal for Sporting next season should be to reach at least an Europa league spot and plan to maybe rebuild for season 2023/24, by then the young gems should be mature enough .

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Plan A for me would be to get rid of this incompetent board, but since that doesn't seem to be happening, we should at least make a squad to get 3rd and a Champions League spot since this year we have an extra one. Nevermind Porto and Benfica, Braga are clearly building a squad to get into the CL spots and this year when we should be investing after one of the worst years ever we have literally done nothing.

I'm expecting a couple more loan signings on the last day of the transfer window (whenever that is). Someone world class like Jese who also has a talent for music.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Man we've talked about this, you can't post on the Sporting forum until you get an English degree. Tired of hearing from amateurs.

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    That Adrien interview was brutal. How many ways can you ask the guy the exact same question