2020/21 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Vietto joins Al Hilal for 7 million euros for 75% of his rights, with the transfer fee split between Sporting and Atletico Madrid 50/50.

So a 4 million loss on a player bought last year.

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is the first player that was sold that was brought in by Varandas and we take a 4 mil loss. Geeez

Good thing we had all those studs to sell previously.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Matheus Nunes gets a new contract until 2025, with a salary raise and a 60 million euro release clause.

When he started out last year I didn't see anything special but in the last few games especially he has really grown. Still needs to learn to not keep the ball so long, to think faster and improve his timing but its clear he has grown under Amorim.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Some rumours that a Paraguayan club Libertad is interested in Coates. While he is our captain, I do think he can alternate between good and bad performances. I just hope this doesn't happen right now as we don't really have alternatives

5. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I’d be very open to letting him go but would they have much cash to stump up for him ?

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Luis Maximiano and Goncalo Inacio sign new contracts until 2025 with 45M euro release clauses.

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Surprised Goncalo Inacio hasn’t been given a shot yet, given the state of our defence

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #508 fdasilva, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Record says that we are dealing to renew Nuno Mendes contract and raise his release clause to 70M.

Also A Bola says we have 12 million euros to attack a striker and CB in January to try and push for a title run

[​IMG]

SCP_16 repped this.
  9. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    A Bola: Juventus interest in Nuno Mendes grows stronger. Possible in January to get him, but if it does happen it may be next summer.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Kid won't stay long here. Hopefully he renews his contract and raises his clause so we can get more $$$

SCP_16 and ScpBoy77 repped this.
  11. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Yeah, he won't, which sucks. But i guess that's the only thing we can do. Keeping him for 2 years was always a stretch.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's too f*cking good to be here. And frankly, with what we saw when we kept William and Adrien longer than we should have, it makes sense to sell him when the time is right rather than hold on to him too long.

13. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Personally I think we could work something out with whoever buys him where we get him back on loan for a year or two.

He’s clearly got massive potential and has been great this season, but he’s not going to go straight into their first team and could do with the extra year of development in a settled environment

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #514 fdasilva, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Would be nice, but I see some big teams with woeful left backs and he might have the quality to start for them in the short term.

There's been a lot of rumours that we are interested in Matheus Reis. The 25 yr old left back from Rio Ave was set for a move to Olympiakos but he refused to train for their match against Milan in Europa League and was put in the reserves until now. Apparently he also rejected a move to Spartak Moscow. He's on his last year in his contract and we also have good relations with Rio Ave which could mean a good opportunity to get a talented player that fits Amorim's system (he can also play CB effectively which could be a 2-in-1 for depth).

My only concern is potentially his attitude considering whats happened recently with him. Amorim seems to have an iron fist with players he deems unprofessional, but the fact is the group looks really close together and maybe removing elements like Acuna before or Ristovski now is contributing to the good spirit, if indeed they were "bad apples".

15. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Record: There have been inquiries about Pote, but Sporting and Pote reject any January move. Pote feels he owes Sporting. He may transfer after the season. Sporting is trying to get as much of the 50% that Famalicão own of Pote.

I'm glad that he's willing to stay the entire year, but i wish he would stay for another. Pote and Mendes are definitely gone in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if Nuno Santos does too if he continues to play well

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be such a shame as he is seeming like the new talisman the club needs after BF departed. Gotta find a way to keep him for at least another year.

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Maybe now it's making sense why Quaresma hasn't featured yet. He's played for the B team recently but has apparently shown a poor attitude and as we know by now, Amorim doesn't forgive players who don't give 100%. He's 10x better than Neto but Neto does give his all and even shows leadership on the pitch, I.e. when he reprimanded Jovane for giving the ball away in the last game.

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Any sources for this claim about Quaresma?

19. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I knew something was going on. He's been fit for almost a month now and has yet to be featured in a game. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the same BS story where he ultimately wants to leave SCP

20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    no point staying if you’re not gonna play

21. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    He can get loaned in January and then come back. That solves that. If he has a bad attitude then kudos to Amorim for laying down the law. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a situation where Quaresma thinks he's better than the club and wants to leave

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Our official club communications channel aka Record.

23. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    A Bola: 21yr B team center-back João Silva close to getting promoted to senior squad.

Possibly a slight jab at Quaresma??

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Could be. Hopefully its more because of his quality then anything else though.

25. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    A Bola: AC Milan are eager to get Nuno Mendes as soon as possible. To do so, they would have to pay 45 million in the January transfer window.