2020/21 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Just another example of the media trying to mess with a young players mind....This has happened a lot with young SCP layers in the past and this is no different.....This report of breaking his clause is utter BS

2. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    my contacts in Portugal say there is some truth to these rumors. However, I doubt arsenal will trigger the buy out at this time. Season 2020/21 will be Joelsons breakout season.

3. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I read today that Pedro Mendes is on his way out of Sporting. Kid is only 20 and is a striker. I would like to keep him considering his youth and that we're slacking in the striker department. Anyone know more about this?

4. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    My contacts in Portugal tell me he’s eying a move to a second division spanish team or perhaps a Turkish super league side.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Honestly other than a nice Europa League goal I think he scored, I didn't see anything amazing about him. He needs playing time to grow. And for striker we need better options than what we have, we need a proven goal scorer.

6. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Sporting is exploring options which look mostly like free transfers.
    meanwhile, Benfica is after Cavani.

I like Amorim and hope that Sporting can fight more more than third place next season.

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Cavani would be a free transfer bud.

8. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Im sure the wages would be expensive.

9. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    He's still young though and I'm not too confident in us finding someone proven, seeing as our last few transfers have been poor.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apologies for the long post, but if we keep bringing in crap players, we'll keep playing like crap.

Just looking at our current squad, how many of these are considered first team quality?

GK: Max, Renan, Diogo Sousa
    Defenders: Coates, Ilori, Neto, Quaresma, Acuna, Borja, Nuno Mendes, Rosier, Ristovski
    Midfielders: Doumbia, Eduardo, Wendel, Battaglia, Miguel Luis, Geraldes, Matheus Nunes
    Forwards: Jovane, Camacho, Plata, Phellype, Vietto, Sporar, Pedro Mendes, Tiago Tomas, Joelson

And we still have on loan Palhinha, Misic, Lumor, probably a few others I can't remember. But generally so many names there that are not good enough.

In the last year we sold (looking at transfermarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.us/sporting-lissabon/transfers/verein/336):

Bruno Fernandes - 55 mill
    Raphinha - 21 mill
    Thierry Correia - 12 mill
    Bas Dost - 7 mill
    Domingos Duarte - 3 mill
    Jonathan Silva - 2.7 mill
    Iuri Medeiros - 2 mill

That's over 102 million euros (before commissions, etc)

We bought:
    Vietto - 7.5 mill (50%)
    Sporar - 6 mill
    Rosier - 5 mill
    Camacho - 5 mill
    Eduardo - 3 mill
    Jese (loan) - 2 mill

Over 28 million in players brought in - and none have been entirely convincing or just downright flops.

One could say we made 80 million euros profit. Obviously we have debts to pay, etc... but so do our rivals. I'm not even including potentially another 10 million for Bruno Fernandes if United get into Champions League and if he completes 20 matches (lets all hope Man United can squeeze into 4th place). And another 10 million for Matheus Pereira.

This next season we have an extra Champions League spot, so 2nd place is ever more important. We have to splash the cash.

In a later post I could discuss who we need to sell and replace, but generally, in the midfield and attack we need serious upgrades urgently - no Jese or Bolasie loans, real signings. At minimum: Two strikers Slimani/Marega style (that's what works in this league). A creative midfielder, a box-to-box midfielder, a quality RB, a CB, a GK (in that order of priority)

ScpBoy77 and SCP_16 repped this.
  11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Welcome to the Varandas Sporting

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We had so much turnover with coaches this year, and the money spent on Amorim is a huge gamble by Varandas. If he doesn't get a quality squad to match the ambition shown by getting this coach, he's done IMO.

13. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Sporting needs to promote more youths.
    you need to hope that Joelson and Tiago Tomas stay.

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Totally forgot about Miguel Luis, what happened to him?

Honestly, we need to get rid of basically everyone over 23 years old on this squad and sign a whole bunch of established, proven players.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Feddal from Betis was apparently all set to come for 3 million to replace Mathieu, but apparently he failed his medical and he won't come. Lol where have we seen this before.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We're good.

17. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Jesus, the names on that list are horrendous. Totally forgot about Misic... that guy is trash. Can't believe he's still part of this team. Everyone we bought or got on loan is horrible too.

I would probably only take Palhinha back. He had a good season this year.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'd like to give Braganca a shot as well

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Let the rumour mill fly (probably the most exciting part of our season unfortunately):

Record saying Monaco central defender Jemerson is a possibility for us.

A Bola saying Arsenal's interest in Joelson is real and willing to pay the 45M release clause.

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joelson potentially not called up today because Arsenal is in Lisbon negotiating the end of his career before it even started.

Rumors of him not wanting to renew or balking at the new proposed buyout clause.

Either way, anything less than €45 million and Varandas is a ********ing cuck that needs to vs ousted.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm 100% ok with the 45mil. He hasn't shown anything yet and would already be the most expensive 17 year old of all time. Almost as dumb as paying 10mil for a manager who has coached less than 10 games.

22. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    yes it would no doubt be the end of his career. I hope if he does go that you guys get the full 45 million. You could use it to sign new players. Braga will again present stiff competition for third place next season.

Joelson should stay ! I hate it when these young kids leave to big clubs too soon!

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who has one loss in 18 games as a manager.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    17 years old and already spitting in the face of those that help you grow. I'm sure though its more his family/agent than anything else.

Apparently we've already agreed to lower his clause in his new contract from 100 to 80M but they're not accepting.

Latest news is we are very close to confirming 2 signings. Feddal (CB) from Betis for 2.7 million and Pedro Porro (RB) from Manchester City on a 2 year loan.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Goes to show you that all this talk a out investing in our youth is meaningless when all these youth players are a bunch mercenaries anyways. ******** the youth. Play the players who want to play and who can help win games. Pricks like Joelson, Carillo and Bruna can get ********ed.

There has literally been no teenagers who have left at a young age and have made a successful career for themselves.