2020/21 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 6, 2020.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I mean... I don't think the offer is thaaat bad. He's a proven goal scorer in the league and if he does well for us and makes the NT he can be sold for 30+ mil pretty easily. I just really don't like dealing with Braga...

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Striker should have been the priority since day 1, it's by far the biggest hole in the 11 and has been for well over a year. The fact that we couldn't even land anyone at all is pretty shocking.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Its rumoured our final bid was 13 million + Sporar on loan for a year + 4 million in objectives for 60% of his rights

Braga did us a favor

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Apparently I'm hearing €12 million for 80% + Sporar for Paulinho. Yikes.

6. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    would not put it past them.

7. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    unreal!! just bring back Slimani!! enough with getting dry F*ucked by Salvador.

ScpBoy77 and nelly29 repped this.
  8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    At this point we should sign that LASK linz striker.

47 minutes until the window closes. Lets hope for a miracle.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Window closed. So we made $20 million off Wendel, refused to sign Slimani even though Leicester said they'd let him go for free and he offered to lower his salary, and signed absolutely ZERO replacements for striker.

I'm just curious as to whether Varandas is sabotaging this club on purpose, or if he's that retarded. He doesn't actually think he's going to make it through the year as president, does he?

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'd give this transfer window a C. Better than the shambolic window before in terms of signings, but we failed to sign a striker we urgently needed. Joao Mario at least makes it better and some of the players signed seem to have quality and help balance the squad.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In a league where scoring goals in imperative to success, this was a disaster. This incompetent administration and scouting team could only find one 28-year old player to fit Amorim's system in all of world football? F*ckin pathetic.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pretty happy with all the signings, definitely a more balanced squad than last year and a solid formation to build on. Just wish we had a striker..

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed, the whole striker fiasco is shambolic.

Benfica: Waldschmidt, Darwin, Seferovic, Goncalo Ramos
    Porto: Marega, Taremi, Evanilson, Toni Martinez
    Braga: Paulinho, Abel Ruiz, Schettine, Rui Fonte
    Sporting: Sporar, Luiz Phellype(?), Tiago Tomas

I'd even say Famalicao has better strikers than we do, they got Dyego Souza.

I've read a lot of stories about Slimani, that the coach rejected him, that we didn't want to pay the salary... if it's true Amorim said no to him, then he went down a few notches for me.

Looking at our overall transfers, I'd say half of them are good signings, 3 are question marks and 1 is already a fail :

Goalkeeper:
    Adan - his experience has shown so far and looks to be an upgrade on Max, who can learn from him. Good signing so far.

Wing backs:
    Porro - him along with Nuno Mendes have started really well and already look like big upgrades, some questions defensively but with the 3-4-3 we need full backs that can cross and attack. Good signing so far.

Antunes - already looks like a flop, Nuno Mendes and Nuno Santos should have the Left wing back spot. Flop.

Center backs:
    Feddal - performances have alternated between moments of quality, especially with the ball at his feet, with some questionable defending. Still a question mark.

Midfield:
    Joao Mario - class signing after the sale of Wendel, should provide quality and experience. Very happy to see him back - lets just hope he's motivated. Good signing (in theory).

Pote - Looks to be of real quality, just need to find the right spot for him. With Joao Mario, he'll either be a supporting attacking midfielder on the left, or play where Wendel played (Joao Mario recently has played more as a left sided attacking midfielder and could be played there). Good signing

Attack:
    Nuno Santos - scored a great goal last game but disappeared after that. I still think the best spot for him is left wing back, running up and down the flank, I think he can be a natural subsititute for when we sell Nuno Mendes. Question mark for now.

Tabata - haven't seen enough yet, for the price though he'll have to perform. Question mark.

Overall:
    We spent 17.5 million euros on 8 players (2 on loan, 2 free agents). That's less than what Benfica paid for one player for example. The deals for Pote and Tabata are questionable in terms of finances, 11.5 million for 50% of their rights? Seems like a stretch. Yet to see their full quality but on paper some of these are good signings. But clearly, we needed a striker.

As for sales, we made approximately 40 million with the sales of Wendel, Acuna and Matheus Pereira. I'd argue right now we could definitely use Matheus in the squad, but Wendel and Acuna won't be missed.

Overall I'll give it a C, better than the previous year but not great. Let's not kid ourselves, the squad is more balanced but our objective is 3rd place, which is a CL qualifying spot - Porto and Benfica are way ahead of us and unless one of them collapses, our battle is with Braga.

AlexJones19 and natenate101 repped this.
  14. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Let's all just hope we manage to take third this season for CL. Qualifying is another mountain for us to climb though...
    A tall, strong striker who's good in the air would have been nice... well, anyone half decent who can finish would be nice, but it is what it is.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We could always adapt Ilori as a striker....

Apparently Ilori had 3 more offers to be loaned out in the last days and rejected them all. He's sitting on a fat salary and a 5 year contract.

Not surprising, the first time around he said he was willing to not play for the remaining 2 years of his contract before ultimately joining Liverpool.

16. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It’s like a complete contrast to our previous squads of the last 10/20 years. We’ve not got that quality talisman striker like Liedson, Van Wolfswinkel, Dost, Slimani etc but we’ve assembled a pretty good team in most other areas of the pitch

natenate101 repped this.
  17. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I really dislike this guy. What were we thinking bringing him back? I feel like this crap only happens to us.

18. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I hope you were joking about Van Wolfswinkel lol. I agree with everything else you said.

SCP21 repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish we would’ve kept Bas Dost honestly.

20. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He wasn’t amazing but he was alright for us in Europe

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We now have full backs that can actually cross a ball and no poacher to finish.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Dost begged to leave the club. Dude never showed up on big games either. ******** that dude.

Liedson is what we need.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Maybe Mario Jardel or Derlei could help us out?

24. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    The title would be ours if we signed Mario Jardel.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sporting "divulged" in the weekly newsletter a run down of the transfer deals, patting itself on the back for making quality signings at a low cost. While I appreciate the information, they still don't have the full picture. How much commission was involved? Who were the agents involved?

The strangest deal has to be Tabata. According to Sporting, we actually paid 500K for Tabata, with Portimonense having the right to 90% of his rights. However, we have the option to reduce that to 50% by paying 4.5 million. Not sure how to feel about this, but I guess if the guy is a complete flop, than the loss is minimal to us as we don't have to pay the 4.5 million.

Also, Feddal actually cost 2.15 million euros and not 3 million.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]