2020/21 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Chris Mahr, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Possibly. But for just now it is mostly hearsay. Sounds like there were some issues, but unclear if this is just an administration buckling to a lot of whining about small issues that add up, or if there were major issues. I suppose we can all judge for ourselves when we hear what happened.

2. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the termination most likely had to do with Villanova getting beat by LaSalle 4-0, Temple 3-0, Penn 2-0 and Drexel 1-0 all within a year. You seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy and probably understand the Villanova administration wouldn’t tolerate those results in any sport on campus. Then add poor performance in the Big East, and losing the locker room, it seems the administration were left with no other choice but to make changes.

3. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It is perhaps a mix of both. Some poor results couple with some off field issues. So yes I totally agree with you when there are issues at every corner a change will be made.

4. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    United States Virgin Islands
    Dec 19, 2018
    Wow, went off this forum for 6 weeks, it turned into a Whambulance forum for arguing and whining for a bit. Let's drop Villanova topic please that 2 pages were dedicated to and move on. Anyways, back to hot seat topics after reading up on the accusations.

Idaho State did indeed can their coach, yes that was a female hire only position, how do I know, because a good friend and co-worker there is an admin and involved in hiring so said no males would be considered if any formidable females did apply. Same statement as PSU 4 years ago on their hire as I had mentioned last year.
    LMU I saw brought up, do ya'll not know, their head coach was put on administrative leave near the start of the season, players got muffled by her coaching and complained, and coach has been out ever since. Assistants running it.
    UK we all saw that coming, surprised they did a mid season axing, but oh well. Opens up more time for the next. He had an average of 8 to 10 transfer portal players a year the last 3 years.
    Oral Roberts coach just resigned.
    A horizon league coach doing well is resigning in the next few weeks.
    UC Riverside, what's up there with head coach Nat? His emails came back as I've stepped away fro a few weeks, if need anything contact assistant coaches. Any insight on what's going on at UCR? He's been there forever.
    MVSU, heard players went to admins to complain, if he isn't let go after a winless season again and only 11 players on roster, I'd be surprised even if it is only SWAC.
    USC Upstate fired their coach.
    Tulsa interim hC right now, they did alright, if they open it up, new coach prob.
    LA Tech coach, doubt he'll be kept on as interim.
    Troy interim, she did well enough, I see here being retained.
    Pacific, they are killing it. You have to understand pacific has not had even 5 wins in a season in over a decade, even with soft non conference. So a 10-5-3 record with a good win over Gonzaga, some strong ties and one or two good non conference wins, I'm proud of JJ and Danesha. If they don't sign them both to big contracts they are flat our stupid. As of last week, spoke to them, they hadn't been told anything about being retained. That administration is ridiculous. Best coaches they've had in history. JJ taking the lead in training, Danesha doing great to support as well as train, and working well together. That is to be commended.

Trying to remember who else I talked to that may be leaving without outing them. Let's just say a lot of college coaches are getting fed up with the profession, its not fun anymore for many. And I predict a pretty big departure from the profession this year and next.

Other hot seat predictions? I would be surprised if Cal State Bakersfield isn't let go, lots of his went to portal. UH Wahine on the hot seat? How about PSU Vikings? I called Arizona program tanking faster than LGB's agenda and they indeed did, 1-9 in conference, wowza. One more swac coach might be on hot seat, not for losing, but for demeanor and treatment of support staff. And I heard Univ of Montana coach might get fired after seasons end, inside source. Lol, jk. That guy is funny as heck, his posts on here crack me up, but ya'll banned him apparently so he had to switch names. Oh well. The next 4 weeks is the fun part of this Forum. Don't ruin it with more Villanova whining please. Let's talk schools and jobs, who's in and who's out. Hot seat fun.

HeadSpun, Bannedagain and sokarcrazy repped this.
  5. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is why you don’t drink and post at 3am on forums kids.

La Tech already removed interim and made him the head coach.

Troy opened the job last week, and they have been calling coaches.

Soccerguy1022, ytrs and BigBear repped this.
  6. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What happened with the LMU situation? That was kept quiet.

7. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seemed to have mentioned all discussed lately and then some except the Oklahoma coach - another losing season, tons of players went into transfer portal and lots new players brought in and still tanking plus now reports of abuse on top of it. What’s the word in the street about that position?

8. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has been very quiet there. Coach was put on admin leave for a couple weeks. First day back went off on the team for complaining about her, got removed from he team again that day. Sounds like a crazy situation.

9. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Wow they are 0-18. Clearly a lot of craziness going on.

Jamie JBS repped this.
  10. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    LMU info is accurate and you forgot CSUN that will be open. Interesting on riverside I haven't heard anything but can get an update. There has been questions about their athletic program even staying. My guess is Nat took a few weeks to recharge the batteries.

11. FoodforThoughts

FoodforThoughts New Member

Jan 23, 2018
    -------------

No kidding! Troy AD is pretty new so I think he would want to make a "good" hire. Tulsa was ok this year in a very tough league I can see that going either way. The Big West struggled (both men's a women's) since they did not compete in 2020 and had a very limited Spring. Hawaii had their best year pre- COVID and almost host the conference tournament, the Island was shut down until 2 weeks ago. Do you mean CSUN's coach NOT being there? Nat has coach the team all year long and let's not forget Riverside almost got rid of athletics a year ago, poor funding and facilities there. Does Bakersfield even care about Athletics? also, they had their best year at DI level pre-COVID. Who doesn't have kids in the portal these days? LMU is surprising to me, coming in with such a great (player) resume and coaching at UCLA you would think it would work out better than 0-18.

Jamie JBS repped this.
  12. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Exactly. The LMU coach was not "put on administrative leave near the start of the season". She coached most of the season. Hard to take the rest of his post with any credibility. Also, sounds like someone who has too much time on his hands to be 'in the know' on so many programs.

13. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    It was later in the season not early as ytrs mentioned. Regarding Bakersfield the coach and AD worked together before I hear the culture is good there and I think the coach is well liked so I don't see that one opening.

14. SmallSchoolGaffer

May 24, 2021
    This hasn’t been discussed on here, but GW at Southern Illinois was on leave in September through early October. They’ve had a poor season. Not sure if he was reinstated but has to be at least warm.

15. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    Dec 19, 2018
    Lol, ytrs the hater, you missed me huh? Always have to whine and argue about posts, you are the original hater on this forum for years. Thats ok though, if it makes you happy to throw shade. Not one of you mentioned LMU before I Brought it up, so don't all act like experts. She coached very little of this season, you're welcome. Troy, II would be surprised if they didn't offer her, she did formidable with a hectic season. La Tech, wow that is surprising. They beat two naia teams in non conference and still had a losing season. But guess what, other than ytrs tears, we are back on topic discussing hot seat positions. Ps. Bellarmine is also open, coach resigned/got let go.

16. NewbieSoccerMom

Chicago
    United States
    Nov 4, 2021

17. NewbieSoccerMom

Chicago
    United States
    Nov 4, 2021
    Danesha and JJ are killing it! We have close family friend speaking to them about playing there and they came across very cohesive, co-coaching and they were impressed - it wasn't who would be head coach meaning - they were not jockeying for position at all. They spoke as true co-head coaches for the better of the program should! Hope they both sign/stay - recruits are hoping and watching!!

ytrs and Socr4evaH repped this.
  18. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

The LMU situation has been kept very quiet. Interested to see what happens out there.

I do agree with your assessment that Arizona was destined to fail with this appointment and this season does seem to suggest a coach in over their head. But perhaps this will be proven wrong.

I haven’t heard anything out of Villanova and it seems as though things are being kept under wraps.

19. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Miss you? I am not aware of every reading or interacting with your posts. Sorry. I know players on LMU and she coached the majority of the season, just as the other poster said as well. Your post was a splash of 'know it all' about so many programs. No offense but no one can have that much true knowledge of what is going on inside of that many programs. Post sober next time.

20. Inter Milan

Inter Milan New Member

Inter Milan
    Italy
    Nov 8, 2021
    It's official... Bindon out at LMU.

21. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    Dec 19, 2018
    The horizon league coach I mentioned would resign In the next few weeks just did, on twitter verse it was announced after having a great year. Jason Spain at UWGB retires/resigns. Had covid a month ago (even with being fully vaxxed) and said he nearly died from it, was down to 30 percent oxygen levels and on ventilator. It woke him up to how much he's missed in his life from coaching, being around his family seeing his kids grow up, said he had never ever been to his kids game who was a senior in HS. So he decided a few weeks ago he was throwing in the towel after the season to not miss out anymore. Good for Jason. Was a hard decision after 20 years of doing it. We all come to our end though. He left it better than he found the program, so good on him. Good thing I was drinking and posting at 3am I reckon, otherwise wouldn't have the inside scoop talking to all these coaches. :) I joke I joke. Anyone else stepping away this week? There's got to be a dozen more before Christmas.

22. Holding

Holding New Member

Tottenham
    France
    Nov 9, 2021
    Any word on what's going on at the U? Another abysmal year, completely uncompetitive.

Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  23. Jamie JBS

Jamie JBS Member

Fulham
    England
    May 10, 2021
    Would anyone look at Thompson from South Dakota State. They just knocked off Denver and always seem to do a good job in that conference. Lots of success

24. Holding

Holding New Member

Tottenham
    France
    Nov 9, 2021
    Billy Lessesne finally out at Georgia about 5 year too late

spykemanne and Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  25. Almost done

Almost done Member

Juventus
    United States
    Oct 4, 2019
    Holding-You are spot on with the 5 years too late. Crazy that this past season was probably one of his best!!

spykemanne and Soccerguy1022 repped this.