2020/21 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Chris Mahr, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Jamie JBS

Jamie JBS Member

Fulham
    England
    May 10, 2021
    Good work in transfer portal and overall recruiting

Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  2. Lord Kril

Lord Kril Member

Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Jul 3, 2018
    With current rules in place, it is easier to turn a program around with a supportive administration - allowing you to dump players you don't want with no scholarship penalty - and transfer portal access. LSU doesn't care how you make the cake now but did when BL was there.

Fitballer repped this.
  3. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Is there not the guarantee of four year scholarships in the SEC? If so, then the coach doesn't have that leeway to dump players scholarships.

4. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Is there a list of programs with "Interim Head Coaches"?

5. DeathSlayerWenger

Not Arsenal
    France
    May 20, 2021

I think a big part of the success was using the Idaho hiring model and making sure they had a ginger on staff. Luck of the Gingish.

Only interim head coach I know just now is big Stevie Volzwagon at LA Tech currently strutting his stuff.

6. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Troy
    Pacific has Co-interim HC's
    La Tech
    Cal State Northridge I would assume has an interim

7. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Some interesting situations.

La Tech and Troy interims not doing themselves any favors. Both hard places, but both have had past success. Pacific killing it.

La Tech might have one maybe two wins left on the schedule. Two of the four wins so far coming against non Div I teams.

Troy has gone 1-1-1 vs SWAC teams in what was a schedule set up to keep the departing coaches job.

Pacific is 8-1! Who gets the job between the two, do they both get it?

8. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Tulsa is also an interim head coach

9. luvthegame

luvthegame Member

Oct 17, 2005
    What happened to the LA Tech coach. Why did he leave. He seemed to have some level of success.

10. outside63

outside63 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Does anyone know the back story on Cal State Northridge?

11. CASLKING

CASLKING Member

Houston dash
    United States
    May 20, 2018
    When Louisiana Monroe made their hire last year there was lots of talk on this forum about how he was doing some underhanded stuff…nothing came of it or course.

Now he is proving to be one of the best coaches right now - just beat Coastal Carolina 6-1 -
    For a program like ULM to beat Coastal that bad says a lot.

Credit also to The Citadel coach who is also working miracles.

12. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    shady guy did underhanded things tough to respect someone like that.

WACySOCCERWORLD repped this.
  13. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insert beatadeadhorse.gif.

Some people just like to keep crying. Even when they've been proven wrong. :whistling:

14. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think it’s just more to do with not respecting someone who has no respect for ethics.

15. Jamie JBS

Jamie JBS Member

Fulham
    England
    May 10, 2021
    Does Pacific just keep these two on permanently? Looks like things couldn't be better. Utah State seems to be great under their new coach too.

16. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proved you wrong, multiple times. Yet, you keep crying.

Get over it. People can be successful without doing anything unethical.

17. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    or in this specific case by being unethical

18. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or not. Give it a rest.

19. Socr4evaH

Socr4evaH New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jan 4, 2020
    Pacific should just keep doing what they're doing because it seems to be working. The only change I would make is to remove the word "interim"

20. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hate to be a Debbie downer but I looked at Pacific's schedule and of their 8 wins just 2 have come against winning teams. 7 of their 8 wins have come against teams with RPIs of 200 or lower. Combined records of all the teams they have faced so far are 26-57-11. I do see the last time they got to 8 wins was 2011 which they have matched already and obviously there is a good amount of the 2021 season left, so that's good for them. But before we award any Coach of the Year honors this needs a little perspective. I'll await until they start WCC play. They should be able to start off with beating a historically awful LMU team but getting results after that will be difficult. The wins may good for confidence now but doesn't help when they see the quality and speed of play they will contend with in the WCC. Could it be the new coaches simply inherited a very soft schedule and are doing OK with that?

21. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Definitely get your point and totally agree on waiting to see what conference play holds. But definitely a good start beating what is in front of them.

As for ULM Poncho can disagree with the guys ethics. The ULM coach has a poor reputation and is seen as a shady douche. If you disagree go to an ecnl event and listen to how his name has been brought up. I personally have no respect for his ethics, but I do agree that he has improved the results greatly regardless of how it is done.

22. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Coastal lost to Richmond.

Richmond just lost to George Washington - GW's first win of the season after eleven games.

Just looked at ULM's schedule and yes they're winning, but are any of those teams even top 200 RPI?

23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

It as Always been possible to drop a player from a program, continue the scholarship, and not have it count towards the scholarship limit a long as the player doesn’t play again. It is often the case of career ending injury and has been done in a couple cases I know of after a coaching change. Players are offered a continued scholarship with those conditions or help transferring.

24. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    I am aware of how career ending injuries and scholarships work. What I am saying is that players in the SEC cannot have their scholarships taken because the coach wants "to dump players [they] don't want with no scholarship penalty".

25. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When a coach tells a kid they will never play at that school, majority of the time that kid leaves. If not then, then after the next semester when they get less and less reps at training to prove a point. The problem with kids chasing big name schools and not having a club coach honest enough to tell them they aren't good enough to be there.

Fitballer and Enzo the Prince repped this.