2020/21 Europa League Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Sep 1, 2020.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pussiest shot known to man. Sporar should just off himself at this point. What a goddam terrible player.

2. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wendel is ass too. Lazy ass Brazilian, can't pass, can't shoot, dribbles too much. Just sell that f*cking idiot already.

3. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Buying players we need should be added to your list, lol. You know, when we need a striker but buy a winger

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Those aren't really actionable steps.. Who have we gotten bent over on transfers? I agree his buying has been weak, but I think his selling has been pretty good.

I just think Sporting has been super reactive over the last 20+ years. Just getting angry and moving shit shit around without any plan in place. Same thing is about to happen again. We're gonna force out a president everyone hates to vote in another president that everyone hates.

Varandas sucks, but I don't know if forcing him out just to get in another shitty board strung together is going to help things. We need someone with a legitimate plan, personally I haven't seen or heard of anything.

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  5. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    We're lucky this isn't 6 or 7-1

6. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Good points. I agree. I agree with SCP16 on what we need, but will be difficult to accomplish when we have literally no one lined up.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Gelson Dala just scored for Rio Ave LMAO

From the same spot that Nuno Santos couldn't score from

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Alright, so what do you suggest? We know Varandas ain't the answer, in fact, he's hurting this club every day that he is here.

Gave up Geraldes and Dala, who both scored today for Rio Ave against MILAN, for Nuno Santos, who missed a wide open sitter.

Name one thing Varandas is good at.

BTW, his sales have been mediocre at best.

heavy1981 repped this.
  9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Okay I'll try to look at the positive: no Europe could be beneficial in a messed up season with tight scheduling, last time we had no Europe i think was with Jardim and we finished 2nd and went to CL.

As for Varandas, what everyone has said I'll agree with, and add that what I probably hate the most is that as a leader he doesn't ever come out of his den and address the fans/sócios at all. When we finished 4th, nothing. He only comes out when something goes right for us to say how it was a victory even with the "burdens" from the previous administration... he's more of a 'dictator' then BdC was.

10. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Rio Ave up 2-1 on Milan. Gelson Dala with the 2nd goal. Unreal

Both of them are probably laughing at our result.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The only good sales IMO were Thierry and Raphinha (although the timing was awful and we ended up being handicapped and signing those 3 awful loans).

Bruno Fernandes I feel we could have got more for (Ruben Dias is going for more...) and every other sale has been mediocre.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Goals by Geraldes and Dala. Thats probably the most Sporting thing that could happen.

SCP21 repped this.
  13. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    100% lol

14. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't know, that's why I asked the question. But I don't think bringing in Benedito or any of the other unqualified front runners will change anything.

This is again a good example of being reactive though. We all know Geraldes and Dala aren't good enough for Sporting, but now that they scored against Milan they should have stayed? Didn't you recently attack me for saying Nuno Santos wasn't good enough, and now after one game you say it was a bad transfer?

15. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I think we should wait until the end of the season to determine whether who's better or if it was a poor transfer. In my opinion Nuno Santos was having a good game before the red card. His one mistake was not shooting the ball when he had that golden chance. He had an assist and was making great runs. He definitely was one of our better players before we went down a man.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah although its ironic I'm not ready to throw the player under the bus, he did provide a great assist today.

Don't expect a striker or anyone else to come now. And with Sporar seemingly benched by Amorim, it's gonna be Jovane up front when he's healthy. Wouldn't be surprised if we now sold another player like Benfica had to with Dias.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Geraldes had his chances and didn't prove himself, but can you really say that Dala had an opportunity to prove himself?

I don't think Santos was a bad transfer, just pointing out the irony that those two players would score against Milan while we get boned by some unknown Austrian club.

The bad transfers I'm talking about are Diaby, Rosier, Vietto, Sporar, Camacho, Eduardo, Jese, Bolasie, Fernando, Dost, Domingos Duarte, and the fact that he overpaid for Tabata & Pote and he STILL can't sell the rest of the garbage on this squad.

We still don't have a forward who can score, let alone 2 or 3.

Where did the money for Bruno, Thierry, Rafinha, Gelson, Patricio, etc. go? Did it disappear?

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Anyone else watching this PK shootout? I'm more engaged watching this than the entire Sporting game. Hope Rio Ave can knock out Milan

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Oh yeah Rafael Leao plays for Milan... now I REALLY hope they lose.

20. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Coates should have been kicked out a long time ago. Better just go get a hungry kid from the B team than keep bringing those argentines, mexican , brazilians of questionable quality.

21. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Oh good now we can stop letting dumb competitions like the Europa League distract us from our true priority of winning the Taca da Liga o_O

heavy1981, SCP_16 and ScpBoy77 repped this.
  22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah whens this numpty giving us our money

SCP_16 repped this.
  23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Finally someone who gets it.

How ironic that we pay 15 million for a coach whos coached for 6 months and doesn't even have a coach license yet Benfica pays 1 million for a coach who's actually won things in his career. I get their buyout clauses, but ironic nevertheless.

But, I guess this is what fans want right? we pay up the @SS for "potential".

24. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    With all due respect bud, this is part of the problem right here. There is no positive, period. we got spanked by an Australian team at home for a Europa play-off. This wasn't a Europa Semi finals. This is SCP, we demand more and should expect more. Europa knockout stage should be bare minimum.

On your other comment, 100%!! BDC always showed face, good or bad. This clown hides in his hole.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Believe me being in Europe is better. But if you told me I'd get a CL spot next year I'd take that deal. But yeah im pissed like you I want to win every game