2020-21 Academy Season

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ussoccer97531, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If he has an EU passport, he can. His cousin Sacir had access to an EU passport.

2. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was great...I drove an hour to go watch them just to get denied at the gate because they’re not allowing fans to attend games

ussoccer97531 and Winoman repped this.
  3. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t really see it as content or news for what I do. I just watch a ton of academy games and write about who I like. I know ussoccer guy is the same. I do generally trust Joey because he has more connections and watches more games that almost anyone i know of. The only people with more connections would be either bshredder or Travis Clark

Tactical Hipster and letsdothis repped this.
  4. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Joey is an og and been at it for a while but agree at least for the Red Bull one a bunch of mistakes. This is why I don’t offer opinions on players I haven’t seen in at least an extended highlight and preferably a full game. Especially at the academy level. I guide my Red Bull coverage this way.

ussoccer97531 and letsdothis repped this.
  5. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    He doesn’t

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Yeah don’t expect mls teams to allow fans in. I was with out a car this weekend so couldn’t get down to cedar stars for the Red Bull games but they wiped the floor with them.

7. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to hope Indy Fire and Cleveland international’s allow fans or I’m stuck watching film. CUP has 9 different fields they use in Cinci and won’t say which one they’re playing at which just sucks

another club who sucks is SKC because they’re charging 4.99 to be able to watch their academy games via their streaming service. That’s a douche move

8. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Yeah Red Bull won’t even let parents in due to covid protocols. Not sure if they will stream or not though it’s something they want to do.

9. letsdothis

letsdothis Member

Crew
    United States
    Jan 7, 2020
    Lol. Crew 19s won 4-1. 17s won 3-2

10. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as dual nationals go, it's obvious they have access to an Albanian passport, but what's the EU country?

11. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The u19’s were who i really wanted to watch along with the u15’s. The crew move up talent pretty quickly so I’m not too interested in their 17’s

Smithsoccer1721 repped this.
  12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wikipedia says that one of Sacir's parents is from Bosnia, and they lived in Montenegro. I suspect he would have access to a Bosnian passport, and potentially a Montenegrin passport.

Are those not EU countries?

13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of them! Croatia and Slovenia are the only ex-Yugoslav countries in the EU, and Albania isn't part of the EU either.

14. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UEFA considers every country in Europe to be a member of their federation so I would be shocked to see those countries allow a player to be pseudo EU eligible

15. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one follows Red Bull’s like you do though so it’s not shocking that you found errors

16. KeaneO16

KeaneO16 Member

Manchester United
    France
    Mar 4, 2020
    UEFA has absolutely nothing to do with it. The EU has a right to reside and work for any EU citizen in any member country. This supercedes FIFA regulations and allows a 16 year old to play for a club outside his own country. Also supercedes country limits on foreign players on a team.

TarHeels17 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, labor law > rules made up by a sporting organization.

Even within the EU there is no consistency. Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, the UK (when they were in the EU) all were required to count other EU players as domestic. They've all taken a different approach to non-EU players.

Spain and France have limits on non-domestic players, but define domestic extremely broadly (e.g. Cotonou countries + EU + a few extras).

Italy has a limit on non-domestic incoming transfers per year, but not the number of non-domestic players on the roster.

Netherlands has a higher salary floor for non-domestic players.

UK has the work permit system.

Germany, Belgium, and the Scandinavian countries have no limitations.

18. efried

efried Member

Sep 7, 2020
    If anyone is interested in academy photos.
    Red Bull u-15 won 5-2 u-17 3-0 and u-19’s 6-0. Against Cedar Stars. Roald Mitchell had a hat trick nico rosamilia had 2 and Curtis ofori had 1 for 19’s. Jackson Hopkins and Nicholas rabiu had goals for u-17’s don’t know who got the third or the u-15’s scorers. Cedar stars have a u-16 and u-17 team FYI.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFIN8Z4HveW/?igshid=7p7769flh9vr

19. letsdothis

letsdothis Member

Crew
    United States
    Jan 7, 2020
    game video for the Crew 19s:

David Kerr and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  20. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you expand on this? I dont know him at all. Thanks

21. letsdothis

letsdothis Member

Crew
    United States
    Jan 7, 2020
    Based on public info, he has excellent coaching education, done an excellent job grooming the existing batch of excellent U19 players, many of which are on several top 50 player lists for the 03 age group. Initial interviews by him point to him saying all the right things and focusing on developing talent for the first team. Will be interesting to see how he builds the residential program, recruits talent, and integrates the academy players into the first team, and leverages the upcoming u23 team.

22. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is responsible for identifying and developing Elton Chifamba and Noah Hall who both will be signed as homegrowns in the next year. Other notable players are Sam Sarver and Aidan Wolf who both are potential HG’s in 3-4 years. He also developed Sebastian Berhalter, Aidan Morris, and Aboubacar Keita as well. Now they’re him the full academy responsibility

gogorath and letsdothis repped this.
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sam Sarver is way too good to play college soccer.

letsdothis repped this.
  24. letsdothis

letsdothis Member

Crew
    United States
    Jan 7, 2020
    Yes, they need to onboard that U23 or USL team soon to accommodate these upcoming players and bridge the gap between Academy and First team.

TarHeels17 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  25. SoCalRedDevil

SoCalRedDevil Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 8, 2020
    Befuddled repped this.