News: 2020-2021 - What's a playoffs - the 2020-2021 offseason thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Yowza

Yowza Member+

DC United
    United States
    Oct 23, 2019
    Arlington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was encouraging. He's trying to instill a means of attacking that Cbus just used. Winger centric, getting the ball behind and having options in the box. He kept telling players to play forward, but to reset ('start over!') by playing back to the center back when jammed.
    He seems pretty detail oriented, stressing positive touches that set up your options in order to play through pressure, or how cutting hard and decisively, then switching directions with purpose is hard to defend. They were just running passing drills through no defense, but even then he took the time tell Sorga that when he's making a run on goal and he's too early, don't stop the run and clog passing lanes, keep running, drag a defender and leave space behind you.

Winoman repped this.
  2. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Nice clip. Losada certainly wants to speed up play, lots of emphasis on one touch and keep the ball moving. I liked his observation that the hardest player to defend is one that is running. Now, whoever has kidnapped @shawn12011, please return him unharmed. Continuing posts like the one quoted above will only unnerve the rest the forum.

song219, MattR, Adler and 4 others repped this.
  3. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The end of the world must be near.

4. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Birnbaum just announced that he had a 2nd surgery on his ankle. No timetable for return was mentioned.

benni... repped this.
  5. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC has announced that sports teams can submit applications for waivers with plans for fans on March 22nd. This definitely increases the possibility that some number of fans (2500?) can be in Audi Field for the home opener on April 17.

Winoman repped this.
  6. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    The implementation will be interesting to see for STMs. The Saber's couldn't get 1950 of their STMs to take seats to a game the other night. I wonder how they worked charging their accounts versus accumulating credit on their accounts. Like how do they decided to charge this person's account or that person's account when they choose not to come.

7. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this will be interesting to see. I mean, I'm going to go if they tell me I can, personally, but I know quite a few of the people who sit around me are either older, or don't use their tickets much (because different people are always in those seats), so I do wonder how that might work, exactly.

8. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get my second vaccination shot Wednesday, but I will only be comfortable in group settings if I think those around me have also had their shots. Perhaps Audi should requite a "vaccination passport."

TowsonDad and Winoman repped this.
  9. Doogh

Doogh Member+

Oct 5, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and pr0ner repped this.
  10. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I thought they weren't able to submit waivers til next week!

2000 isn't a lot, but I do hope to be one of those 2000 in a month.

Winoman repped this.
  11. Doogh

Doogh Member+

Oct 5, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GumbyG repped this.
  12. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I am sure if there's a bright way to do, DCU will pick the most diametrically opposed method and have the reps do a shit job of messaging it.
    The wife gets her 1st shot tomorrow and I get my 2nd the end of next week, but there's no vax in sight for our kids (5 & 11) and while kids don't seem to get it as bad I'd really prefer they don't have to deal with it at all nor do I really want to be out in any kind of crowd situation where they could be exposed. My biggest issue is that every sporting event with fans that I have seen televised has shown plenty of people not distancing or observing mask protocols in a manner I'd be comfortable with.

I'll be interested in seeing how they go about things given, the survey MLS sent out last week asking what presumably STMs of various teams would be comfortable with. Did anyone else get that survey?

13. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually these are the side effects me having gotten the second shot of the Covid vaccine.

MattR, Winoman, UnitedBorn and 2 others repped this.
  14. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Getting my second shot on Saturday. I'll be there on the 27th if I can get in.

Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  15. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    BioNTech-Pfizer or Moderna?

16. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am a Pfizer

TowsonDad and Winoman repped this.
  17. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I work for a Nursing Home company, so that's how I got access

Winoman repped this.
  18. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    That's what I got. After March 31st expect me to start posting about how DC United is a lock for winning the MLS Cup.

Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  19. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Does the vaccine cause dementia?

20. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I got a survey last week, but I did get one today. The question I'm stuck on is asking me to rank things that would make me comfortable attending from 1-5, but I am not sure if 1 means most important or least important.

Edit: I re-read the question, and figured "rank by order of importance" meant put the most important as #1, so I answered that way.

Winoman repped this.
  21. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

dementia = not thinking straight ? :D

Winoman repped this.
  22. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    If dementia means seeing things that are not there does it mean that I'll see DCU players attacking the far post on corner kicks?

fatbastard, Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  23. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    The survey from MLS was very long, 32 questions. It was fairly detailed and the response options ran the gamut. It was generic from a fanbase standpoint and asked what fanbase I was part of and what level of attendance (1-3, 4-9, 10-15, 15+) I took part in, where I sit (box, club, SG or general seating) and the rest of the questions were all about what I'd feel comfortable with and whether I'd go or any games or not and what I'd be comfortable with from masks all around to vax cards required or herd immunity,

Winoman repped this.
  24. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I’ll be going even though I will be waiting a long time for my shot. I had the rona last April though.

25. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll likely have the first vaccine shot before the next game. But I can't imagine DC mandating vaccinations for attendance.