2019 WWC Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdravstvuyte, Jun 4, 2019.

1. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I feel for all those with Kerr in their roster.
    She could’a gone far.

blissett repped this.
  2. PortiereNuovo

PortiereNuovo Member

Jun 20, 2019
    I was thinking about swapping her out for Popp because Aus has not been strong, but couldn't pull the trigger. Oh well...

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One of them is me! :x3::x3::x3:

At least, my recent purchase of Giulia Gwinn was indeed a wise one instead: with 16 points she was one of the two players who had the most points from Germany-Nigeria! :) The fact is that she's played in the midfield in Germany's line-up, but she's anyway listed as a DF by ShePlays for line-up purposes: this means that you get a DF that can net you clean-sheet points (Germany didn't have a single goal against so far) and at the same time an offensive player with potential for attack-points, assists, goals. All this by using one of the obligatory DF's spots.

And, icing on the cake, she costed just 200.000, as the scrappiest bench-players use to do, despite the fact that she almost always starts! :laugh:

I guess many other competitors will make my same choice at the next transfer window. :giggle:

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have Saevik who should get me some points and Goessling who will get me 0 point. The rest of my team is French/US/Dutch

blissett repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good call with Saevik! I don't think anyone else of us had her in the team. :notworthy:

Apart from Gwinn and Kerr, I've got a mix of France, Italy, Japan, Netherlands and Canada instead.

Stephanie Labbé have served me quite well so far, but for this match-day I've decided to sit her on my bench and to choose my 2nd GK Laura Giuliani instead. China's offense-line has been very anemic so far, and I guess I am more likely to get a clean sheet from Giuliani than from Labbé vs Sweden. Giuliani, so far, has been beaten by 2 PKs only! :)

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I saw her against us and she was really good. I mean left-footed players are a rare breed and she has a potential.

blissett repped this.
  7. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    I’ve got her... !!!

Now....
    What a laborious meal the French team made out of those fouling Brazilians.

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice! I have Henry and Renard in my starters for this match: Renard won't be great, since she picked a YC and France took a goal, but Henry should be very good for my team, with her winning goal! :)

9. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Is the transfer window open or is my I-pad playing up again?

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    The window Is open but your pics for round 4 are already locked.

zdravstvuyte repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :D

Finally some luck with my team at this round: I did well to swap Giuliani for Labbé as a starter.

Italy was my lucky charm:
    - Giuliani with a clean sheet and one good save (I hope it counts)
    - Guagni with a clean sheet + assist for Aurora Galli
    - Aurora Galli herself with the goal (although I am afraid her points will be lowered by playing for less then 60 min.)
    - Bonansea was actually the only quite disappointing one from my strong Italian block.

:ninja:

12. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Pissed off by that JPN -NED Match.

blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Me too. :(

It even probably costed me in terms of Fantasy football. Van de Sanden, who was one of my FWs had an awful game (but Netherlands' win should make it slightly better). Iwabuchi, who was my other starter, lost the game :unsure: (but at least she had the points of the assist for Hasegawa and, I hope, some "attack points").

Tommorrow I'll have to think about how to completely review my team, since I've lost all of my Japanese and Canadian players (luckily I hadn't any layer in the other teams that went out in this Round of 16).

14. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Managed to off load my sadly eliminated players.
    Need Italy and Norway to go through now.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Same have offloaded all my "losers'' team is half french now

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm going to do the same soon, today. I actually haven't many to get rid of, because the core of my team was Italy/France, with a tiny touch of Netherlands, Germany and England.

Of course I have to offload my Japanese and Canadian players + Sam Kerr! :x3:

I still have to decide if it's better to bet on NT "blocks" or to diversify your investment. Basically, at this point, buying your players is the same as making bets on who advances in each quarter final.
    Of course having players from the winner teams only it's better, but it's good only if you can identify them properly: would you advocate having players from both the teams of a particularly balanced quarter final with no clear "strongest" team? At least half of these players should do well... :cautious:

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, apparently there was some glitch in summing up the results of different rounds for our league (now with 10 teams involved, apparently), but anyway it looks like my score for the matchday was the second one of our league. :) I am proud! :giggle:

Also, I just made the needed changes to my team. For the first time in this competition, I had to pay 5 fantasy points for a player, because I had 5 players to offload but this market window was just allowing me 4 free trasfers.

But the worst will come in the next transfer window, if things don't go my way: I am committed in particular to two teams, with 5 players each in my team! :x3: (I won't say which teams they are, at the moment: take a guess! :p).

18. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    How can I only have 70 points ?
    I should have 344....

Or have I been VAR’ed ?

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As I said above, for some reasons the results of the previous 3 rounds haven't been summed up for four competitors of our league. I suggest you to give a shout to ShePlays admin!

20. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Done.

blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now we have proper standings, with all of the totals fully calculated. :)

I am thrilled that I managed to reach 4th place, one measly point ahead of @Lechus7! :p

But I need my team to do really well, at this round, because I already had to pay 5 points for my extra-trade. I'll be blunt: I've put most of my money on France and Italy, since I have 5 players from each team (actually, just 3 for each team in my starters: my bench has 2 more Frenches and 2 more Italians). I know it was quite a risky move: if one of these two teams go out (and USA and Netherlands are arguably favourite against them, even just looking at FIFA rankings), I am going to be in trouble! :x3::x3::x3:

Lechus7 repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since by the time Saturday comes, my team will most probably be crushed into pieces by France's and/or Italy's exit, I can't help bragging until I can. :p

Three England's player on my team today:

- Karen Barsdley (just traded for her after Labbé went out): clean sheet, a pair of nice saves that should net her points;

- Ellen White (traded for her between round 2 and round 3: first time I start her): the goal + attack points I guess (she's hit a post)

- Lucy Bronze (was almost trading for Houghton, but she was uncertain, so I went for Bronze as my super-star DF :D): 1 goal, 1 assist, clean sheet, probably attack points and/or defense points.

Of course all three players will also give me points for the win and the 3-0 score. Only regret: had England scored the final PK I would have had 1 more point from goal difference (they should have given it to White! :p).

Ok, I gathered some points, now I have to clench my teeth and come out from the other matches without too much damage! :x3::ninja:

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My score from yesterday, according to the Fixtures & Result page of ShePlays:

Bronze 22 points + White 11 + Bardsley 10 = 43 points out of just three players! :D Did anyone of you had a better start of this round, guys? :p

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Nope. Only 15 points for me (from Hansen and Parris):oops:

blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--