2019 Season game Analysis

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by hot potato, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand both sides. How will a 5' 4" defender hold up in MLS and would he be much of an upgrade, if at all, to current? Vancouver has been burned before bringing in smallish SA players. But, why should/would Cordova risk his current job just to go on a trial with no commitment? A lot of "meh", to me.

2. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They could have just watch more tapes or send people to watch him play in the Chilean league.

Telling him to come for a trial is silly.

3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tapes are ok but definitely not a substitute for seeing live. Do they want to spend their resources going to Chile to watch a RB that they don't necessarily need? Plus you still have to make a guess how the player might adapt to new league. Meh...

4. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    good riddance to a horrible, gut-wrenching season - the owners, FO and MDS' signings sucked out my passion and support of the Caps after 41 years

bring on the CPL team in the valley

5. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Cant argue with you there. Sad to see. My history is supporting pro soccer in vancouver; doesnt have to be one specific league (we have had several) or even one specific name (we supported 86er for a long time, right). I will be right there in an open air 5000 seat facility enjoying the CPL and just watch the Caps on TV until Kerfoot makes some change to his habits which is about as likely as me being signed by the Whitecaps.

Some without the depth of knowledge will yell "bandwagon" thinking people like yourself are off due to a bad season. It isnt that at all

For most people walking away, it is because they have seen a systematic rot for nearly a decade that has plunged this into the sewer that it currently resides in. If this were only about on field results, thousands would have left when Carl first missed the playoffs. That 20k range stayned through crappy years and kept coming back. It took a lot to turn them away.

Rachel and her "pre emininent organization" as a goal is complete spin. Poor Har has to write these pieces in order to get access to all the players and is essentially house writing at this point. That quote is an arrogant middle finger to critics of the club which basically says they are doing it their way until this thing dies or the market decides they will accept it.

Their super report on the women's scandal is coming up. Ciara has already gone on twitter saying they broke their word to her, and since there is not a women's pro team , any "recommendations" from the report will be useless. I expect she will rip it when it comes out since she already has been cut loose by them. (after conning her into a joint PR which I would think she regrets signing).

6. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This season was the least amount of points per game since the inaugural MLS season. Pretty much calls for yet another massive rebuilding effort. MDS was always going to get a pass this season but I am concerned that he may be a little naive. Organization has a ton of work cut out for them to generate some enthusiasm for next season. Difficult to do when you are just turning over rosters every year.

7. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    the thing that surprised and disappointed me the most this year wasnt the cheap, distant owners (already knew that), the incompetent FO (already knew that), the weak roster (already knew that)

it was the rash of poor signings and resignings by MDS-- and he and his staff have to hit 100% for 2020- failure is not an option - and it has to be with more salary $$$ beyond the MLS pots or the Caps can go and piss on a tree

8. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

9. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club: