PBP: 2019 NWSL Championship Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Semblance17, Oct 20, 2019.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  2. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Congrats to the Courage.
    I don't know who to root for next year, now that Vlatko is out at Seattle.
    I'm thinking either Washington or NJ.
    Actually, I just had a thought.
    I think Chicago should trade for Raquel "Rocky" Rodríguez. She's a much better MF than what they have now and she's wasting away in NJ.

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Chicago might be a little gun-shy about trades with SkyBlue after both Johnson and McCaskill were disappointments.

4. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Maybe Chicago should consider getting another GM. I was never big on either of those players, although I think Johnson is serviceable as a role player.

Although, really who knows, maybe Chicago asked about RR, and the answer was no or the price too high.

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I just got back from Raleigh last night, a little tired, big disappointment.

Just my opinions,

I always thought that NC would probably win this game, but what made this game lopsided is:

The unavailability (due to pregnancy) of Arin Wright (Gilliland), a starter who gave Rory much flexibility. She could have played defender, midfield or forward.

The unexpected injury two days to Tierna Davidson, a starter who was the key, IMO to Chicago's five game winning streak. Those miscommunications between the defenders or between Naeher and her defenders would not have happened if Tierna was there. Also she is much faster than Naughton and could have covered much closer and tighter.

Kerr got no service. She did not get the service she was used to, maybe because of NC defensive scheme and maybe because McCaskill just couldn't get it to her as well as Yuki.

Yuki was out of it. I don't know if it was the heat or what but Yuki was not herself on Sunday. Yuki and Kerr were as if they were on two different planets that day.

Sorry to say, and I really like this kid, but Savannah McCaskill played awful on Sunday. She couldn't make a play or get a pass going to save her life.

I pretty much thought that NC would win this game at home but had no idea it would be by the way they did.

CoachJon, Mills, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    only 166K viewers tuned into ESPN for the final. That's pretty disappointing but guess don't take into an account all the people watching at bars & restaurants

Mills repped this.
  7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So... 168k?