2019 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by EvanJ, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DotNelsonDot

DotNelsonDot Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That’s the thing that sucks the most, they have this great following fan base but year after year it’s just disappointment after disappointment

2. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    To be fair we beat Haiti twice who just beat CR and won their group and Jamaica are overrated imo but still a solid side.

If the Federation fires CDC who can they realistically bring in that would make us better? Remember that these are the guys that hired Primi.

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Primi was last admins choice prior to Carillo taking over (I know that vulture has been around the Fed for a long time.) As for CR they’ve dipped as of late since they aren’t having young talent on the upswing to replace the old guard, remember Bermuda could have pulled the upset on them as well but lack finishing did them in.

4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Pathetic.
    Some of these players need to never wear the jersey again. I can understand losing the Honduras who we always struggle with. 4-0? Pathetic.
    Get DLC the ******** outta here.
    Get this federation out of here.

Grimmjow316, La Trucha and Willsant87 repped this.
  5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It’s not even that. You had a team that won against Curaçao and held on against one of the stronger CONCACAF sides, versus a team that lost against both sides and had no chance of progressing. You’d think ES would comfortably progress to the next round via at least a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win. You’d think ES would really have to sh*t the bed in order to get themselves eliminated.

This 4-0 thrashing is absolutely unacceptable. I hope you ended up saving your money by not going to the game.

6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I went. You could literally feel the hurt and disappointment in the ES fans.

La Trucha repped this.
  7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Calmer now, so i wanna point our a few things:

Monterossa, Alas, and Santos Ortiz are not NT level. Neither of them did anything in any of their showings. They slowed our team down and gave the ball away cheaply quite often.
    Darwin and Nelson have to take a big long look in the mirror. Yes Nelson scored the first and only goal for us and he’s lonely up top so he can get a pass of some sorts. But he also missed a golden opportunity van honduras and he had a couple of semi opportunities and did nothing. I gotta say. Zelaya finishes that 1v1 he had in the first half. Darwin was horrific. We give him a pass bc he plays in the MLS but he was outshined by chicho and ruso. At least ruso would run the entire time and literally body even if he was small. Darwin honestly wasted space, and i feel maybe Coca would have had a much better performance if given the chance.
    Another who disappointed was Mancia (@slaminsams caller me for it) his first two games were quiet, nothing special. Vs Honduras he shit the bed, especially on the third goal. We can’t have that at the NT level.

Portillo was a surprise this tournament. I felt he did well. Obviously he is no Pineda (more about that later) but he did his job and his connection with Jimenez worked well, we were always much more dangerous down that flank.
    Oscar went from great to subpar. Was it his fitness? I would say yes but then his alianza teammates did the opposite and went from ehh to playing extremely well. Idk, but we missed The curaçao oscar vs Honduras.

DLC should be let go. I understand we want a process and we want continuity but he lacks the balls to be a NT manager and his decision making is extremely questionable. He left out our best GK, arguably our best striker, and left our one of our star players. We obviously suffered bc of this. His decisions on subs and tactics were also pretty lame. Why take out chicho and put in Mayen when monterossa was the obvious sub? You then put in rugamas with only a little over 5 minutes left. His decision to lack rotation hurt the team as they were obviously tired by the Half vs Honduras. He then keeps using the excuse ‘weve Won 9 games’ but fails to recognize that a couple of those teams were also subpar, or fluke wins, and when it mattered most we shit the bed! Vs Jamaica it was two errors on their part that we won so that’s a fluke. This is something that he’s gotta take responsibility for. I’m not saying we’re at a much greater level, but ES has talent and he’s not exploiting it correctly.
    Lastly, ******** the federation for letting go of Lara. I know it was on the last feds but if you have that opportunity then you take that shit and get him back. Irking to see such a lack of responsibility. We’ve have lost EVERYTHING on EVERY LEVEL, both men and women, and beach soccer (which is where we’re supposed to excel!). Humiliating, disappointing, and hurtful.

Grimmjow316 and slaminsams repped this.
  8. Jujonola

Jujonola New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Jun 5, 2019
    Houston
    Hopefully DLC quits, and if he does the feds should probably go with someone younger who wants to make a name for himself. I woukd think Christian Diaz wouls be a good fit. He was the coach for Santa Tecla.

9. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    #209 BKR inC, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Interesting note in three tournaments Carlos de los Cobos has failed to get El Salvador past to group stage.
    2007 - won against Trindad and Tobago 2-1, lost 1-0 Guatemala and lost 4-0 USA
    2009 - won against 2-1 Costa Rica, lost 1-0 Canada, lost 1-0 Jamaica
    2019 - won 1-0 Curazo, drew 0-0 Jamaica, and lost 4-0 Honduras

Carlos De Los Cobos only has one game plan and when it fails, he fails to adapt or change it quick enough to recitfy it.
    He reminds me of Jose Mourinho, who in the past would use the strategy to bets utilize the players at his disposal, but now just blames everyone and just says he doesn't have the resources.

Literally his jobs after the El Salvador national team include

Chicago Fire (2010-2011) - 10 wins, 16 Draws and 15 Losses - No Playoff and
    Queretaro (2012) - 1 draw, lost 6 games (one point out of a possible 21) - Last on the table
    Cafetaleros fc (2015) - lost 3 games and drew one game, his final game being a 4-0 loss - Last on the table

Found this write up about his time with Chicago fire, does it sound similar
    Where do we start with de los Cobos? He left Chicago with the worst coaching record in franchise history (a prestigious title Frank Yallop is chasing desperately) and did just about everything within his power to alienate the fan base. He benched fan favorite C.J. Brown for his final possible home appearance before he retired at the end of the 2010 season. In his first season (and only full season) in charge, he missed the playoffs, just the second time that had happened in franchise history.

A club record nine-game winless streak in May 2011 finally forced Chicago’s hand, and he was quickly canned. Ultimately, his Fire teams won 10 of their 41 games and started a period of inconsistency the club is still trying to snap. De los Cobos is akin to a swear word in Chicago these days. Shout it loud and proud in Section 8 on a game day and see what happens.

Blue_nation724 and slaminsams repped this.
  10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I didn't see this coming Tbh..I thought y'all were gonna win or at least draw.

edcalvi and La Trucha repped this.
  11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    By any chance, are you a part of the 3252 or other LAFC active groups like D9U or Expo’s etc? Someone from the Mexico section mentioned some of the drummers from those groups are Salvadoran, so you might know him?

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

He really ain’t looking hard enough if Rugamas is the best he can find.

slaminsams repped this.
  15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So what we have learned is that this was a one time thing and that he will continue to have full backing of his home boys I mean federation (pretends to be shocked). So I guess we just ignore the Japan game that exposed not only how slow this team is, but also how they had no answer towards any pressure that the Japanese brought. Funny enough when Jamaica cared to play in those final 15 minutes they also had no answer and had to hang on for dear life just for a point.

Those press conferences have shown us how one dimensional this coach is and instead of adapting he will die on that hill and make excuses instead of looking in the mirror.

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I truly hate these flippant responses that players give.

I guess asking them to play competent football at least to the level of what our Central American brethren have in the last few years is too much to ask.

I’m about to go into players in a bit.

17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    No Im not part of the 3252 sadly. I have season tickets and my family likes the peace most of the time except for the ES games lol.

La Trucha repped this.
  18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    @Grimmjow316 this is the lack of responsibility I’m talking about from DLC and Nelson. From Hugo it’s expected but there is the side to understand where we need continuity for once. But DLC and Nelson are just spitting bull from their mouths. And the fact that they even have the audacity to say this? Man i would be hard pressed and if i was a teammate, i would def let Nelson hear it and call a team meeting with DLC

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The fact that our NT keeper took this long to find a club is not a good sign and if he does get called up they better grill DLC hard.

20. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ES to play Nations League match against St Lucia on September 7th.

18C3D31D-014F-4FBD-982C-AD58BEB05BED.jpeg

SamKnight repped this.
  21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    NT roster for the St Lucia match has been announced. Thoughts?

Pleased to see Pineda back, but I don’t understand why Punyed continues to be omitted; despite being a regular starter for KR Reykjavík.

[​IMG]

22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    offcourse he selects Henry Hernandez despite only playing one game this season, how did Xavier Garcia get in yet Henry Romero of Alianza, not get in he has beene xcellent so far this season and actually won man of the match in Alianza game vs Tauro.

23. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So Fito was called up. Lol
    Whats yalls opinions?

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Late should have called him up during his good moments with Alianza. He better call up Punyed soon he’s having the best moments out of the bunch.

slaminsams and La Trucha repped this.
  25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ehh, tbh I’d rather see Aguila’s Castillo get time. Or coca