2019 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by EvanJ, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So we did what we had to do and win. But it was super unconvincing. Both games were very hard to watch and it’s crazy how bad we are in the final third. Also, we got very lucky vs DR. The ref sided with us. Both Portillo and Monterossa should been sent off. He let us get away with a lot. My two cents
    -Henry Hernandez is NOT captain material. On top of that, i still strongly believe Benji is the best ES GK there is rn. No one tops him and he’s a great penalty stopper. DLC has no idea of course, but he should be seeing game time for the NT (especially after this game vs DR, wtf was HH doing??)
    -defensively, it’s the best we’ve got. I believe Tamacas and Jimenez should be starting in their respective positions, but other than that we have our D line. And it’s scary to see how leaky they are. Bad against pace and easy to touch around. Ufff.
    -midfield. First off, hats off to Portillo. Played two great games. I still believe Pineda should be our LW, but Portillo should be starting if Pineda is not around. Alas did give the assist to the second goal vs DR, but he played bad vs Monserrat and was lost vs DR.
    Oscar Ceren missed many opportunities, but continues to kill on that right side. Should def work on finishing and he shouldn’t even be in our league anymore.
    Chicho, underrated man right here. Is always everywhere on the field, let’s go of the ball quickly and is great at destroying plays. Another who should’ve gone abroad by now. Honestly i feel he’s in the top 3 every game, very under the radar.
    i have beef with Darwin. Where has he been? He played GREAT vs DR. To me? It looks like he played like himself once Zelaya was gone. And if that’s the case, that says a lot about him. He needs to consistently play like he did vs DR and show his quality. There’s a reason he’s in MLS, and he’s a leader on our team. Show it every time.
    Monterossa. He’s talented, but i feel he always makes the wrong choice at the end. Shoots when there’s a pass, tries a pass when he has space to shoot. His shots are weird too lol. On top of that, vs DR, he hit a player on a yellow. That’s a mental lapse, and he should’ve been sent off. That’s a big no no. That would’ve left us with ten and i have no doubt DR would’ve tied it. We need to be perfect for all the games leading up intil June. We don’t have room for that stuff.
    Punyed- he scored. He controlled and have great passes and has great control. But Idk if it was just me, he lost the ball like 6 times in the small amount of time he was on the field. And he didn’t track back to get it. Hopefully it was just a one game thing, bc i feel maybe he should be starting instead of monterossa.
    Forwards: zelaya. What to say? He’s supposed to be our big shot and couldn’t do it. He is clearly naturally talented and a level above the rest but he’s not showing ANYTHING. I do feel he is isolated and in these two games we should’ve played with two strikers. I would’ve loved to see him play with Diaz and see what the spaces created by Diaz would’ve let zelaya do. But for now? We’re slacking
    Diaz- this is the problem in our NT. Here is a big, strong striker who should be going at the defense every time. And he did SQUAT. I loved his holdup play, and he knows how to use his height and strength, but his soccer play is awful to say the least. His play though in the Punyed goal? Amazing. Honestly, In a two striker system, is like him there to help lay-off off to the more abilidoso.

It’s sad to see the state of our NT. We have no good soccer, we don’t have the same quality players as before, and i feel we’re regressing. I miss Lara and Roca. I was excited to see La Selecta under these coaches. With DLC, i just become an anxious ball. I’d like to see coca come back after his injury. Also, Santamaria. He’s talented and he’s quick, would love to see what he can do. Hopefully we can get the Gil brothers nationalized and playing with us, we def need it. Why not trying Justin Portillo, who just became champions with the Monarchs in the USL? Idk Honestly, if it’s me? I say bye to DLC, bring back Lara and have him do his thing. I know that won’t happen but one can pray/hope

2. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    Gil is the type of player a team could ride to a World Cup if qualification were held under the old 80s rule where all games were held within 3 weeks. Special. I hope Denis Pineda wakes up and doesn't fall to bad influences around him and finally...probably time to kick Zelaya to the side because trouble follows him and he's not worth it anymore.

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Zelaya should be finding playing time with his club before being on the national team. Right now it should be Gil and D. Corea as starters. Pena as a sub. We have to see If Bonilla still the same after his injury and back next year.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Gil is just 18 right?

5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mayer is 16, Brayan is 18 and Cristian is 23.

7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia