2019 MLS Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Darkwing McQuack, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Chicago secondary officially unveiled, as well as the Motorola jersey sponsorship:
    [​IMG]

edcrocker and sitruc repped this.
  2. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wish the chest stripe were just a bit thinner. like all within the space of the large stripe. the aways look better even being only a bit thinner.

LainfordExpress repped this.
  3. Spinfyre1330

Spinfyre1330 Member

Seattle Sounders
    Jun 17, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apple is rumored to be courting Austin as well

4. DJQuin81

DJQuin81 New Member

Atlanta United FC
    United States
    Jan 6, 2019
    Lightened up a screen grab from a teaser ATLUTD posted last night. These are not last year's Primary socks...[​IMG]

5. DJQuin81

DJQuin81 New Member

Atlanta United FC
    United States
    Jan 6, 2019
    I stand corrected, they moved the ATL UTD to the front last season. A detail I missed somehow. My apologies.

6. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Love everything about the new kit. So glad they kept the red lettering for the numbers like in the old days as well.

MEDIA=twitter]1088823234152169472[/MEDIA]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job from Vancouver.

8. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
  9. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Easily one of the best right now

10. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The people at footy headlines think this is what Orlando’s new home jersey will look like.

[​IMG]

11. JOEKIR

JOEKIR Member

Napoli & Orlando City
    United States
    Oct 28, 2010
    Florida
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meh. I don't get the designs. some sort of arrow thing?

12. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Here’s my updated mockup of the Timbers’ new home kit, reflecting the new info from the teasers posted earlier:
    [​IMG]
    This should be pretty close to being 100% accurate. Really the only details I’m not sure about are the jocktag and the team logo/wordmark on the socks.

Now seeing what the full kit will actually look like, I think this will easily be the Timbers’ second best primary kit in their time in MLS so far, just behind the outgoing home kit. There are a few small flaws IMO, such as the white Adidas logos and truncated collar and cuff trim (though that’s more of an issue with this year’s Adidas templates), but I still think it’s a really nice kit overall, and should be one of the best of this year’s new kits.

13. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Just fixing the announcement vid link.

14. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1089601215254720519 is not a valid tweet id

15. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this new for MLS? ...to have the pattern on the front of the shirt wrap around to the back? I think all kits in the past, the back had to be a solid color.

TS.

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't know for sure about the early years but it would be a first in the adidas-exclusive era as far as I can tell.

17. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  18. Portman Kunis United

Jun 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2014 Dallas player-issued home jersey had the dark red hoops on the back.

19. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I guess you could count that but it was pretty close to a solid color on the back. It was red and slightly darker red.

[​IMG]

It is hard to find a game action picture that shows a player's back but here is a partial one from 2014. You can see the darker red hoops but it is nothing like what Vancouver is doing.

[​IMG]

20. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Speculation on the new (one year late) IMFC primary, based on graphics from the public launch:
    1088499255952707585 is not a valid tweet id

In 2016, the club famously misdirected fans before unveiling the striped jersey, so maybe they're trying that again.

edcrocker repped this.
  21. Portman Kunis United

Jun 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say that. The Vancouver hoop is certainly more visible, but both shirts carry the front graphic on to the back. Plus they are both hooped themed. It's pretty similar really.

At any rate, I'm surprised MLS is allowing Vancouver to do that (even though it looks great IMO). I had heard that FCD had to fight pretty hard to get just the subtle hoops on there, and after that there was a ban on back graphics altogether. Maybe not?

22. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Fair enough.

23. TheEmperor14

TheEmperor14 BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2011
    Down the road
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. The Vancouver Hoop is an exception to the rule allowed by MLS for this 1 jersey.
    My understanding is that MLS mandates the plain back for competition needs so the name and number is clearly visible during a game.

24. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always liked Vancouvers kits, but when they came to MLS, I was really bummed that the band wasn't retained. The blue band was almost (?) a trademark. I never really cared for the team name sprawled out front. I prefer a sponsor, and then blank if no sponsor. Van would look great either way. Glad somebody, if belatedly, saw the light.

25. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The Timbers just officially unveiled their new primary:

As a Timbers fan, I’m absolutely ecstatic about this. I don’t think they were ever gonna be able to top the outgoing primary kits this time around, but this is about as good as they possibly could’ve done IMO. I love the hoops, the gold Adidas stripes, the MLS badges finally reflecting the updated green and gold color scheme, and especially the partial white collar cuffs with gold trim and the socks with the stripes to match. The only detail I’m a little upset about is the white Adidas logos not matching the gold Alaska logo and the names/numbers, but that’s a minor nitpick on an otherwise fantastic kit. This should definitely be one of the better 2019 kits, and the Timbers’ set as a whole should be one of the best in the league once again this season.

Auriaprottu, edcrocker and TheEmperor14 repped this.