2019 MLS Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Darkwing McQuack, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The Whitecaps always have some of the sharpest home kits. I really like the retro-ish bar across the front.

2. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The Timbers need to stick with a look and lock it down for a few years. I would like to see the dark green, gold and white becoming their official colors moving forward.

Go back to the Green White Green kit combos (They standout better on television and would help the team be more instantly recognizable).

One gimmick the team could go for to standout more would be a Green White Gold combo with Gold socks. That could either be a fantastic look or a disaster. But just think of the new nickname "El Tree"

3. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The dark green, gold and white are becoming their official colors at some point, possibly even by this upcoming season. Over the last couple of years they’ve slowly been transitioning to the gold full time, and they just recently switched their website over to the green and gold scheme as well. Pretty much all of their promotional graphics over the last couple years have featured the green and gold color scheme, and obviously the last two kits have too (and the new primary kit for 2019 will as well).

As far as the kits go, I don’t think they necessarily need to nail down one specific look. They already have a very unique and identifiable look with the dark green, especially now with the gold and white accents. Over the course of their history they’ve kind of switched between having all-green kits and green/white/green (and they even had white kits as their primaries during their stint in the NASL), so I’m fine with them going between all-green and green/white/green with their primaries going forward. I’m admittedly biased as a Timbers fan, but I personally think they have one of the better brands in the league, and have had some of the nicer kits since joining the league as well. Based on the teaser of the upcoming primary kit, it looks like that’ll continue.

4. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Agreed, the Timbers are cultivating a great brand! Just over the course of their MLS years they've continually tweaked their brand with the logo (cartoonish first go, word marks, monochrome, etc.), kits (g/w, r/b, g/g, w/w), and colors (moss green vs. raven gold). I think they are starting to find a finished product with the current styles/colors on their website. I would like them to ease off of the the tweaking for the next 5 years.

Keep the the colors Green/White/Gold, and use less monochrome badges. I'm fine with changing up the kits. I look forward to the updates during the offseason.

Jonah Henderson repped this.
  5. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subscribed, this is one of my favorite threads this time of year. Will be interesting to see just how much Atlanta changes up their primary, as they seem to be all in on the five stripes theme...

Auriaprottu and Green and BLue repped this.
  6. TheEmperor14

TheEmperor14 BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2011
    Down the road
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs just dropped their 2019 Second jersey in a video Revs Jsy.png

sitruc repped this.
  7. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
  8. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Not bad. It would look pretty solid with navy shorts

9. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    #59 Jonah Henderson, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    The Timbers have officially changed their logo and color scheme to green and gold:

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Hello Kitty?

Sounders78, Ismitje and Alejandro 10 repped this.
  11. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The primary shorts will be light blue, but there will also be alternate navy shorts to be worn occasionally as well. The socks will be white with light blue and navy accents. All of this coming from this article put out by the Revs this morning:
    https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/po...t-introducing-colonial-revs-2019-20-secondary

Here’s a mockup of what the full kit is likely to look like, with both color shorts:
    [​IMG]

harrylee773 and SunDevil FC repped this.
  12. LainfordExpress

Columbus Crew SC; Los Angeles FC; Heart of Midlothian FC, Arsenal FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2018
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree, but unfortunately, MLS seems obsessed with putting every team in monochrome.

harrylee773 and wolvesfirehope repped this.
  13. LainfordExpress

Columbus Crew SC; Los Angeles FC; Heart of Midlothian FC, Arsenal FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2018
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Color me surprised...

14. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    #64 newtex, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    We tracked this for a few years but didn't last year. Individual teams have a lot of control over their kits.

Non-monochrome teams 2018, primary uniforms: Colorado, Dallas, Houston, Montreal, New England, NYCFC, NYRB, Seattle, and Kansas City.

That was 9 of the 23 teams so more than a third of the league.

EDIT: I went back and checked.

2017: Teams wore monochrome kits 59% of the time in the regular season overall.
    2016: Teams wore monochrome kits 60% of the time in the regular season overall.

Like I say we didn't keep the stats last year but with 39% of the home kits being non-monochrome in 2018 I'd bet the overall number was pretty close to 60% again.

15. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minor issue.. The star should be silver. Gold is reserved for the current MLS Cup winner.

16. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    That only applies to the stars on the kits. The teams are free to make the stars in their official logos (if they choose to include them) whatever color they want.

Ismitje, JasonMa and Spinfyre1330 repped this.
  17. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is only if they have stars as part of their logos, not for the stars above them. So the Union are allowed to have gold stars on their shield, but I’m not sure they could have a gold star above their logo if they were able to win an MLS Cup

Ismitje repped this.
  18. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    The clubs are free to have the championship star(s) above the crest be whatever color they want on everything except on the jerseys. So if a club chooses to include the championship star(s) in their official logos or in various promotional/social media, etc. graphics, it can be any color they want, but they have to adhere to MLS’ championship star system on the jerseys:
    [​IMG]

jschwarz, AeroNaught and Spinfyre1330 repped this.
  19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rapids use a gold star for most of their promotional material (but not on the jersey)

20. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Glorious!

Ismitje and Jonah Henderson repped this.
  21. SunDevil FC

SunDevil FC Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Agreed. I have nothing against a monochrome kit. They are just overdone. Same with the white kits.

wolvesfirehope repped this.
  22. Spinfyre1330

Spinfyre1330 Member

Seattle Sounders
    Jun 17, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Jonah Henderson

Feb 17, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    ^Here’s a mockup of what the full kit could look like:
    [​IMG]

24. Spinfyre1330

Spinfyre1330 Member

Seattle Sounders
    Jun 17, 2011
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounders revealing the new sponsor and presumably the new Away kit on the 17th.
    Heavy leader right now is Amazon (A new chapter starts)

25. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alexa, score some goals.

Ismitje and Spinfyre1330 repped this.