PBP: 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Rd. 1: ATL vs NER

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Oct 17, 2019.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Hup! Frank with nice words for Escobar in the post match interview. And for Parky too.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Parkhurst was awesome today, they gave Brad Guzan MotM, but for me it was Michael.

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FT: 1-0

Escobar saves the day with his outstanding work rate and one clinical finish. Earlier in the match you saw him jawing with Panilla, and you knew Franco wanted to have a big game today. MOTM, for me.

- Guzan was excellent with his shot-stopping, also did well marshaling the defense.

- Parky was excellent. Shame if his career ends that way, especially coming in 2nd half extra time.

- Josef seemed tired. I know he wasn't getting a lot of service but he wasn't inviting a lot of runs, either. Blew his biggest opportunity in the 2nd half, unfortunately.

- Barco? Lot of running and decent work but that boy needs to pull the trigger. Was his 2018 version today.

- Nagbe and Larentowicz were very strong today. Hopefully Jeff can go Thursday as he might be pressed into central defense.

- I'm not bothered too greatly by Pity not playing but I do fear what's going on behind the scenes. It's not like Barco is playing lights out to have pushed Pity out of the lineup.

. . .

Survive and advance is the name of the game so that's what matters. Atlanta won and worked hard for the result. Duly earned, I feel, but they'll have to be more clinical to keep advancing.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
  5. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What actually happened to Parkhurst's arm/shoulder? From the stands, it didn't look like much contact.

Happy to get the win, but Pogba and Mo instead of Pity? He's way in the doghouse. I hope he gets a run-out on Thursday, though. We could have used some more skill out on the wing, especially after Gressel got stepped on. Hyndman looks like the safer choice at this point, but if you want some spectacular you gotta get Pity in the game.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad we won... espn app ruined the game for me unfortunately. I’ve since deleted the app. Nothing sucks more than doing everything to avoid seeing the score and the ESPN app spoils it for you.

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't found any Robinson hamstring updates. Anyone?

8. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta