News: 2019 Media, FO, and in season discussion thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Feb 25, 2019.

1. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I am a 96er. I had season tickets from 1996 until 2018, so 22 season. Last year I bought a 5 game pack. This year I have not asked for any tickets. My ticket rep has not even reached out to me. Proof positive that they wanted to get rid of me. Sad, just sad.

2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am also a 96er, although we had half-season tickets (x4). We had someone contact us about full season tickets once Audi opened, but told him we couldn't do full season. He told us that there would not be half-season plans anymore (I wonder why?) but there would be some kind of partial plan.

Ever since, someone has called us about getting the 5-game plan, which we have done. (x3) The only thing is we haven't been able to get the same seats for each game. We keep getting moved around, so we never get to know our "neighbors" the way we did at RFK.

fatbastard and shawn12011 repped this.
  3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Sorry bro,as faras DC United is concerned, you're just a deck chair.

fatbastard, Dizi, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  4. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    You're accusing the FO of successfully carrying out a deliberate act.
    Based on this FO's track record, it's more likely they just forgot.

song219, Dizi, GumbyG and 2 others repped this.
  5. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I know

6. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm saying it was the plan for one person in the FO, the rest forgot as you say.

7. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Dude, this isn't personal ... its just business. I'd guess they don't have enough reps to be calling the 5 game flex plan members about re-upping. Hell, I've 4 midfield preferred seats. I've heard from my rep once. 1 time. Uno. There were a shit ton of open seats for the game against Mr. Posh Spice FC. You're 5 tickets, right? Or do you bundle in your dad to make that 5 game plan 10 tickets? They're not filling those empty seats with personal outreach to sell 5-10 tickets at a time. The FO is realizing that they made a massive mistake, 2 seasons ago banking on bringing in a superstar on the cheap and relying on Rooney's presence to drive ticket sales with NO investment of any kind in locking those fans in and converting them into returning fans. The FO took a shortcut and found out the bridge to a full stadium that got washed out was never rebuilt. So now they're backtracking and trying to make nice with the STMs and figure out what RFK promotion to try next.

The club level was abandoned. The upper deck was maybe half empty. The south stand was more than half empty. I don't know about the west stand but there are pics of Bill on IG with big chunks of empty seats in the west stand.

I am very comfortable saying that we could win the MLS Cup this year and still not get most of those Rooney fans to return.

8. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

See it is personal for me. 22 years

TowsonDad repped this.
  9. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I just got a check in text from my ticket rep 20 minutes ago.

10. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they reached out to you asking if you wanted tickets, would you even take them up on their offer?

If your communication to them, is anything like on this site they probably figure you aren't interested.

PSURoss, Q*bert Jones III and Winoman repped this.
  11. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, mine texted me yesterday. Nothing new to report, just asking if I had any questions about what’s going on with MLS.

12. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would have had a conversation about another 5 game pack. So no you are wrong.

Winoman repped this.
  13. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is there to have a conversation about? Either you want a 5 game plan or you don't. If you really wanted a plan, you'd buy one. You don't need a call from the ticket office/rep to order tickets.

You don't want to go but want them to chase you down.

sitruc repped this.
  14. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A conversation, do I want 1, 2 or 3 tickets. So are my Dad and Brother going, a conversation. But if I am not wanted them maybe I will show up once. Maybe

15. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    Lowery has a nice article on the tactics on display during the very first DCU game in the atlantic today. https://theathletic.com/1681715/202...nalysis-of-mlss-first-game/?source=dailyemail

not much different from this year's two games in regards to the "beautiful game" but there are some great nostalgic tidbits in there - including recalls of Berthy Suarez, Thor, Iroha, ABMOD, and a whole host of stuff, including hair. Fun stuff. :)

Winoman and Eastern Bear repped this.
  16. bigdavestud

bigdavestud Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    That was a fun article to read. FUJIFILM!

Winoman repped this.
  17. usadcu

usadcu Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I think as recently as the mid 2010s, I'd see one fan at RFK walking around with a Fazlagic #3 jersey. I smiled every time I saw it.

Winoman repped this.
  18. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    I have a '96 jersey signed by every player on the roster but Fazlagic and Berthy Suarez.... I miss the meet the team days out at the old redskin park in the first years when you could get to everyone without more than a 10 minutes wait.

19. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A sign of the times: Today's WaPo "Sports Section" was a couple of pages stuffed inside the "Style" section. I guess the pointy ball writers still have stories to cover (the draft; free agency; et. al.) but basketball and soccer writers are in limbo and baseball writers full of anxiety. Should we take up a collection for Goff?:D

TowsonDad, griffin1108 and Winoman repped this.
  20. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I've gotten 2 of those texts, basically the same message when they first shut the season down and then when they extended it. I guess I'll consider, thinking about, maybe hitting him up when they cancel the season, otherwise. I am just waiting for my fruit fly to die.

21. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    I think they have all been repurposed; I have seen Goffinho's byline on a number of viral stories. which is a good thing that Bezos is keeping them employed.

Winoman repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Winoman and fatbastard repped this.
  23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna need pictures.

:D (just, mostly, kidding)

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  24. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    the Athletic has a great article on 25 years of scandals and infamy with the league, funniest one to me is Preki bringing a game to a screeching halt by rolling around on the ground after squirting his face with a water bottle filled with vodka!

but there are lots of stories not included, such as the hotel incident in CowLumbus...

sitruc, TowsonDad, fatbastard and 4 others repped this.
  25. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I got an offer from DC United for a free scarf. What I've not been able to find is anything showing me what it looks like. Has anyone seen this?

Winoman repped this.