2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sebsasour, May 12, 2019.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    efra with the free kick goal to equalize against the dutch. on one hand losing him stinks, otoh this is the last level where that free kick will ever result in a goal. looked like pretty bad wall setup and goalkeeping

2. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    And Mexico wins in PKs (4-3).

Guinho, Pl@ymaker, Salmos and 2 others repped this.
  3. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    Mexico vs the Dutch in PKs. That is like a stormtrooper shooting at a red shirt.

Guinho repped this.
  4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I only saw the first half but Mexico had a good game plan for stopping the Dutch. Contained the defensive central midfield forced balls outside then absorbed and countered down the flanks on the left.
    A bit simplistic to have the left mid send in long cross after long cross to the far post but eventually they one tricked pony their way to the final.
    Wish the US had a pony or a trick. What stands out to me is how fluid Mexico moved the ball. Poised and confident. I mean still kids but it was well executed.

Winoman repped this.
  5. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I just realized that Mexico has made it final of 4 of the last 8 U-17 WCs. impressive.

6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    anyone find teh WC final? none of my usual spots are streaming the match.

7. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    It’s over. Brazil wins 2-1 after being gifted a penalty by VAR.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    #158 ielag, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Yep, bad PK call. And then a Mexico defender fell asleep in stoppage time for the winner.

9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    VAR hasn't changed the matches much. In England they don't let the refs decide, which means political decisions are made. Everywhere else in the world it is basically the same thing.

They should rename it:

Heisenberg Uncertainty Review.

HUR

Top teams get better calls. Germany was gifted two offsides goals. Even Brazil against the US in the U23 friendly got away with several obvious yellow card offenses...no call.

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh - 1 am in Qatar on a work night... I did it last week for the MLS Cup final, but simply can't for this ... watched the highlights though... hmm, interesting PK call.. maybe was that justice for Haiti? :rolleyes: