2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sebsasour, May 12, 2019.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    #20 for australia has some very good feet and he has been smashed by ecuadoran defenders a few times for his efforts

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Anyone posting a PBP thread?

where can we find it online ?

3. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    The Japan Netherlands game is quite good. Japan is very much on the front foot and is unlucky not to have a goal. Lots of talent on the field.

4. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Nishikawa is such a stud. He’s been tearing the Orange apart and gets the assist for 1-0. Shutting him down will be vital for the USA to have success.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    japan gets a well deserved goal. they have been playing Holland off the pitch. Probably just lacking a stiker. otherwise superior everywhere. let's see if it lasts after ht adjustments.

6. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I was shocked to see possession stats.

Holland have had all the possession, Japan has had all the play.

7. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Japan’s #9 has been excellent imo. Nishikawa as a second striker has been a game changer. The whole team looks well disciplined in the press too.

8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So far Holland v. Japan looks like USA(senior team) v. Mexico or Canada.

9. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Japan 2:0 Netherlands now.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Nishikawa with the assist (again). Wakatsuki with the goal (again). These two have been outstanding.

Luksarus and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Japan makes it 3-0 with a penalty, earned by Wakatsuki and taken by Nishikawa

Gacm32 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    In the meantime, I'm chillin' with some Bordeaux and watching Korea beat Haiti 2-0 so far at HT> Another Concacaf embarassment? I wonder when they decertify us and blend us into Comnembol. Viva Mejico!!!

13. :ROFLMAO: Who made this part of the wiki page was right. Looks like the Orange squad is going to be underwhelming despite the talent in it.

upload_2019-10-28_14-39-0.png

14. So it's possible for 17 yo to turn from dominant in the Euro title race and trashing current world champions England 5-1 to being utterly cut apart:p.
    I asked in another forum if they got a different line up, but it seems it's almost the same one that trashed England.

15. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    Japan is no slouch....

16. Indeed, not trying to cut in their performance at all. They really were excellent I've been told by the Orange fans that watched it.

don Lamb repped this.
  17. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh

Highlight vid for #9 for Japan. Incredible performance from a U17 player. Decisive, calm, and patient. If he continues performing like this he’s a sure fire European target.

Luksarus and Winoman repped this.
  18. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    My only critique as a whole on Japanese soccer as these kids at 5 and upward are playing very fast, very technical, very skilful football, is that they 1. take too many touches on the ball sometimes, killing their own advantage and 2. have to work on their finishing.

All foreplay and no finish sometimes.

Other than that, these Japanese kids are electric to watch. S.Korean soccer is a bit more direct and more concerned with good finishing which is why they have earned a bit more success. Japan works on these two items and forget it, they are lights out good at every level.

19. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Spain and Argentina looks to be a good game so far. The loser should be careful. In these youth tournaments, possession has no bearing on success. Ukraine and South Korea made it to the U20 cup final without ever having more possession than their opponents. The USA and Netherlands just got hammered yesterday by teams who were happy to play without the ball. Tajikistan and Cameroon are both teams that know how to bunker and do it well.

20. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    How is Mexico doing?

21. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    0-0 draw against Paraguay, the best result for CONCACAF so far. They actually looked decent but Paraguay fouled constantly and upset the rhythm of the game.

Pl@ymaker and Sam Hamwich repped this.
  22. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    Efra played 55 minutes. He's clearly not a 90 minute player for them even as their key attacking catalyst.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    The Mexico coach loves those early subs. It worked against the USA in the CONCACAF final, and it might have worked against Paraguay if not for the red card (which was BS).

24. :confused:Paraguay were the fouling party and a Mexican got red? Did he kick in revenge or something?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  25. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Paraguay are not typically a strong side, even at youth levels. Very scrappy like most SA sides.

Canada isn't on Fox, which is odd to me. Nigeria and Ecuador is on instead. Solomon Tijani, the midfielder for Nigeria, is definitely one to watch here.