2019 CONCACAF Champions league (Alianza, Santa Tecla, Fas)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, May 17, 2018.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Our 3 strongest are going and now that I have some confidence in them I am sure they will let me down.

Alianza will join the stronger clubs in the actual champions league as our 1 seed. I would have liked to see them put on another impressive run in the concacaf league but that will be up to tecla and fas this time

Willsant87 repped this.
  2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Tough draw for both.

Fas will take on Perez Zeledón (Costa Rica)
    Santa Tecla will take on Herediano (Costa Rica)

3. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Very tough draw, its hard to comment at this stage whether we have a chance, since Santa tecla have separated from their coach and FAS are still deciding whether to keep their coach.

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    FAS won 2-1 over Perez Zeledon of Costa Rica thanks to goals by Colombian Victor Montana 59 minute and Guillermo Stradella 80 minute.
    Highlight:

La Trucha repped this.
  5. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hey guys, anyone know how Tecla did last night???

6. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    They lost 1-0 against Herediano. It was their away game so hopefully they can turn it around but it isn’t looking good

7. Jjr manzano

Jjr manzano Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Damnit!!!! That sucks. I was hoping they could at least squeeze a 1-1 tie away.

8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    La Trucha repped this.
  9. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FAS got lucky i gotta say. And while soccer definitely includes luck, I believe our teams have to do better away, against all teams. We can win by slight margins at home, but we always seem to lose away, and that’s killing us.

Willsant87 repped this.
  10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    FAS lost 3-1 today, meaning they lost the series 4-1 on aggregate to Arabe Unidos

11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Alianza drew 0-0 with Monterrey at home. Next match is on the 27th.

12. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Alianza midfield was great however last passes and shooting was poor. Hopefully they put a good eprformance away from home

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The play I hated was when Oscar had it in the box and could simply let Diaz take care of it but then took it and did a low percentage shot.

14. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Alianza lost 1-0 to Monterrey in the dying minutes and are out of the tournament.

BD3303CD-257B-4FD1-B191-51BEC8D0FF63.jpeg

15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Hahaha, though at least Alianza made a strong showing and actually got plaudits from around concacaf, stands out were definitely Narciso Orellana, he should be playing abroad its clear he can play on the big stage

16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Eh the applauds are just words to me. It’s basically another year, another early exit from CONCACAF CL.

I’m just happy Monterrey didn’t thrash Alianza as one would expect from Liga MX teams.

17. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    To me it’s very good they hung in. Our teams melt down when they go to Mexico it’s important our players start to see that doesn’t have to be the case. This is two years now where el Zarco and Alianza have done things well in the CL and CCL which is another positive note.

It wasn’t that long ago that Águila basically used their CCL participation as a vacation getaway for the owners friends. To me there is a lot positive to note about what Alianza is doing and I hope other teams would also step up

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    True I do hate how it’s already set in stone that you have to finish the second leg in Mexico or the US it kind of hammers down the feeling that if you don’t go in with say a 3-0 lead (props to SKC btw) you are boned.

I will say what should be applauded is that they didn’t come in trying to “bunker” as some love to throw that label around whenever a Central American team plays in Mexico, it looked that way since Monterrey pressured the hell out of Alianza that they didn’t know how to respond, but given the chance Alianza was trying to start offense whenever possible.

This goes back to what I mentioned last year and it’s more of a league problem in that they are so used to the ball simply rolling to them because the opponents just allow it. A few times during the game the best play was to play it back when Monterrey was coming in to press and instead they wanted to boot it forward, also they had a lot of bad reads which led to simple turnovers that shouldn’t be happening. One that was really bad was when he passed it on to a teammate who had a Monterrey player draped all over him (which lead to a turnover) instead of passing it back to try an work something else.

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alianza did well. They lost the aggregate by fewer goals than both Costa Rican clubs and did the best of a Central American club other than Independiente. If Alianza is in the CCL next year, Mexican and MLS clubs shouldn't think about it as an easy win.

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think we also got screwed. Both pens were pretty weak, and Alianza didn’t benefit from that.
    Gotta agree with Grimm that ES soccer IQ needs to be worked on. Alianza did ES proud and now should get ready for the next CL (hopefully chicho is abroad by then)