2019/21 Takehiro Tomiyasu @ Bologna Football Club 1909 (ITA)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    84kg isn't bad for his height. That's about the same as Tulio and about 6kg over Nakazawa.

Testator repped this.
  2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Infact that's BS.
    Tomiyasu proved himself as a good physical defender in a whole Serie A season and that's enough.
    He was never bullied of easily shoved by opponents and getting weight will surely slow his speed damaging even his man marking skills.

3. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Tonight he's starting as a CB vs Milan.

35 perfect minutes for him vs Ibrahimovic, deflected a shot on goal, then for no reason Mihajlovic changed and put the other guy on Ibra. Result = Ibra scored.
    I hope the coach learned the lesson and let the best CB and defender do his job to prevent the stronger opponent player to score again.

YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  4. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Hope his test results come back COVID-free!

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Solid win against Parma, 4-1. And 90 minutes. As CB.

teioh and YakYak repped this.
  6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Strong rumors to AC Milan

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Mvp vs Parma.

Milan sold Paqueta to Lione, Tomiyasu to Milan is now more than a possibility.

I hope he will transfer with some warranty to be a starter in CB or SB spot.

seolseol repped this.
  8. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I just hope they won't be using him as a backup for their current first choice defenders. At least with Bologna he's guaranteed a spot in their starting line up and plays regularly for them.

I am a bit skeptical about this transfer. Don't want another Honda story.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope this doesn't happen. AC Milan have been a disgrace in the last decade, you don't wanna end up in a place where you can't grow and then leave like it happened to Paquetà.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Milan making EL might raise a bit the chances of it happening but I wouldn't make this move now if I were Tomi.
    He needs one full season as a starting CB.

YakYak repped this.
  11. Qytloh

Qytloh New Member

Arsenal
    Malaysia
    Aug 14, 2018
    The right direction for him is just stay at Bologna for now. A move to Milan could jeopardize his current performance. He might be sit on bench more than he should

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He's on a good way, I wish he'd stay til end of this season for Bologna.

Also from Bologna standpoint, they could fetch a huge sum for him if they hold until end of season.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No worries, Bologna said he will stay.

14. tomoyuki

tomoyuki Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Bologna chief scout Marco Di Vaio revealed that Milan tried to purchase Tomiyasu for 20M euros.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unlucky own goal for Tomi

16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Just unlucky.
    Anyway Sassuolo is a tough opponent for everyone.
    They have Italy NT players as Caputo and Berardi, not the easiest ones.

17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He seemed to run out of stem, he needs time to rest, was too clumsy today and reacted slowly to some plays.

He looked out of form in the last NT matches, and only played well in the second half against Cote d'Ivoire.

seolseol repped this.
  18. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tomiyasu has been terrible so far in the CB position this season.

He is too soft and always trying not to tackle his opponents to prevent them from launching an attack. He needs to know that this is Italian Serie A, the home of tackles and physical play, if your opponents know that you are not going to tackle them or press them physically they will run circles around you.

His decision making on line defending is atrocious. He does not know when to advance or when to hold back.

His reading of the game is very awful compared to Yoshida, who is doing a far better job at CB position in Sampdoria. While his reading of the game is nowhere near Miyamoto's during his playing career.

Tomiyasu was literally annihilated by Lukaku and Dzeko in the last two games, as if he is a child raped by monsters.

Finally, his man-marking is very lacking because of his aforementioned shortcomings.

Tomiyasu obviously does not lack talent, but he needs some training and to think smartly on the pitch.

verde água repped this.
  19. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    Well at least Tomiyasu still has plenty of time to develop until 2026's WC, and until there another CB that could play for Japan at a high level is Ko Itakura. Talking about him, have you Samurai Warrior (or somebody else) been watching some of his games for Groningen? Do you believe he has potential to be a great CB for Japan in 2026? Can you please write an analysis for Itakura like you just did for Tomiyasu?

But anyway, until 2026 Japan has a lot of players who can become really top level, besides Tomiyasu, there is Kamada who can become a japanese De Bruyne, also Ayase Ueda IMO has a very similar style to São Paulo's Brenner, so definitely Japan can have a top level squad by 2026's WC.

20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I believe Japan will have a better team in 2026 WC compared to 2022 WC.

I don't have a constant access to Dutch Eredivisie, but Itakura looked solid whenever I watch him. Among the current Japan NT players he is the most suitable to play in a 3-back formation (on the left to be more precise).

It is hard to forecast the development of young CBs, aa it takes GKs and CBs longer time to mature, and certainly they need a very well coaching.

Genta Miura had offset his shortcomings under Miyamoto. Daigo Araki is solid but needs a better coach than Jofoku to hone his skills.

There are also some CBs with good qualities in some aspects but they need to improve on others, fot example: Yugo Tatsua has the pace, Ominami has the positonal awareness and the calmness of successfully passing the ball under pressure.

While Naomichi Ueda, who is older than these players is the best player Japan has when it comes to aerial duels.

Jubilo Iwata's 18 years-old CB Kaito Suzuki seems a very promising prospect.

This is what on my mind about the CB position.

Thank you for your confidence on my opinion.

verde água repped this.
  21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tomiyasu has been playing as a left-back in the last two matches after some horrible mistake at CB position recently.

He looks more solid defensively in this position, while at times he drifts a bit towards the centre to form a 3-back with the two CBs.

I am watching today's match against Torino, and Tomiyasu looks more confident, more comfortable, and already made some key clearances and interceptions from his new position.

gandychan and seolseol repped this.
  22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe LB is where he belong.

23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomiyasu played right back today and scored Bologna's first goal to spark a 2-2 comeback draw against Atalanta. After distributing the ball to Orsolini on the right wing, Tomi turned on the jets to make a long run through the right half-space, receiving the ball in the 18 and dinking the ball past the keeper when he didn't see any teammates in position to score.

YakYak, seolseol and gandychan repped this.
  24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1341857332485996545 is not a valid tweet id

YakYak repped this.
  25. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+