2019/24 Takefusa Kubo @ FC Real Madrid (ESP)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I think that being fluent in spanish is a pretty good addon for him.
    Plus it seems he is very self confident and have some mental strenght I never see in other japanese footballers at their beginning in Europe.

seolseol, Samurai Warrior and Keren repped this.
  2. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, it is not the beginning for him.

3. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019

Barca looks so stupid.:cautious:

YakYak, Keren, seolseol and 1 other person repped this.
  4. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I can't recall any other Japanese player that's practiced with a more talented group of players. I think maybe the closest would be Kagawa with Man U and Ryo Miyaichi with Arsenal?

I know Kubo hasn't accomplished anything yet in European professional football, but just something I realized/noticed.

5. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Usami with Bayern (Usami, the example not to follow for Kubo...)

Samurai Warrior and YakYak repped this.
  6. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I think the thing to remember with kubo is that he practiced most of his life at one of best academies in the world and was arguably their best prospect at the time, he knows the Spanish culture so it's easy to see why he has settled in so quickly. But I'm so happy to hear how the coaches have been suprised by him to that extent, when you get to this level you wonder if coaches can even be surprised anymore, so thats quite something, like teioh said he has a confidence that we haven't seen before.

I also think playing against bigger guys and grown men in Japan has really taken his game to the next level, he knows now how to play against guys twice his size, how to roll them, how to beat them. He reminds me of freddy adu (stick with ne here) when he was 14/15, and showed flashes of genius against grown men, as he had grown up in that environment, ofc his career went badly south due to a number of reasons but Kubo could really be something special, his impact must be huge if they are considering moving him up already. Cant wait for the season to start. When nakai comes through eventually it will be a monumental time for japanese football, could be a new golden generation.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Wow..

Usami, Miyaichi, Adu..

Please stop jynx the poor Kubo with those example thanks XD

8. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Haha i was just using him as an example, but yes i don't want to jynx the excitement right now im sure he won't be another adu

I also wanted to add that being able to train with Hazard will be HUGE, he's going to learn so much from him.

YakYak repped this.
  9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    #84 Gordon1995, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    I will be glad if he becomes as good as Isco, nevermind guys like Hazard/Neymar or even Messi/Ronaldo. Really hope he don't end up like Usami. Usami joined a club like Bayern too early, if he went to a mid-table or lower-ranked Bundesliga club first and spend 2-3 years before moving on to a bigger club, he might turn up differently now.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nah... nothing changed in Hoffeinheim, or Augsburg, or Fortuna.
    That said, mentally and attitude-wise Kubo is completely different than Usami.

gamban98, gandychan, HTCONEM8 and 2 others repped this.
  11. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  12. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    I wish him to play straight for the first team and skip the Castilla altogether, but the main issue is that Real Madrid has no spots left for non-EU players, including Kubo and £40m signing Rodrygo.

13. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    gamban98, teioh and seolseol repped this.
  14. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    #89 Kenny South, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    [Official] Real Madrid: 29 players called up for the pre-season camp 2019/20 in United States. List includes new signings Hazard, Jović, F.Mendy, Rodrygo Goes and Takefusa Kubo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/cb1kza/official_real_madrid_29_players_called_up_for_the/

-----

He cannot play with the senior team this year because of visa restriction. Kubo has been assigned to their youth league.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/cdu2m0/kubo_and_rodrygo_wont_see_first_team_action_due/

Too bad Lee Seung Woo could never develop like this. He should have played in the Korean League like Kubo did in Japan.

Samurai Warrior and gamban98 repped this.
  15. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So frustrating that Kubo is caught in the reserve team for some reasons not related to sport...

Anyway, it was the plan from the beginning.
    Hope the 3rd division and youth league won't slow his progress too much.

Moriyasu must continue to call him up for WCQ and give him good experience, even though we'll just face poor teams.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Ok but this no-UE spot can be resolved in winter transfer (if he perform amazing in youth league and there are some bad no-UE players in RM first half season)?

17. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #92 Keren, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    https://fr.besoccer.com/info/le-plan-pour-que-kubo-puisse-jouer-dans-l-equipe-premiere-673868

The article says that Valverde could obtain the spanish nationality.

Kubo could be registered in the U19 team to be free to alternate between U19 team, La Castilla and the first team, anytime Zidane will want.

Anyway, I think that if Kubo is really good enough to play with first team, they'll find a solution to bypass the rules.

First answer soon with the pre-season...

teioh, Samurai Warrior and gamban98 repped this.
  18. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1152378108248350720 is not a valid tweet id

YakYak, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He was registered in the U-19 team.

20. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Looks like Zidane is giving the young players 45' against Bayern, including Kubo

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He does already according to transfermarkt. He isn't the problem for Kubo..

Militao, Casemiro, Vinicius, and Rodrygo is the problem.. as they will take up the non-EU spot.

22. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #97 Keren, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    It's a handjob party on Twitter FR.
    Kubo is highly praised.

I can't watch the game :(

teioh and seolseol repped this.
  23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He did fine. Did not take many risks, but probably due to this being his first game. Had some good touches.

I expect more in the coming games, but a good start in a very poor 2nd half line-up for Real Madrid.

Samurai Warrior and mushu21_2 repped this.
  24. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Kubo provided some key passes to Vinicius and Jovic, especially one clear chance but Vinicius couldn't score.
    Other than that I think Kubo and Vinicius had some troubles in communication, some open plays but they couldn't connect.
    Kubo shown he understood the situation when the formation had Jovic, Vinicius and Rodrygo ahead of him, so he only focused on passing and creating chances.
    On some last minutes it seemed he went to "f*ck that let me handle this" mode and try to dribble more, but Bayern players were not some amateurs, they were quick to close him down.

Overall a promising display.

seolseol, Samurai Warrior and YakYak repped this.
  25. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan