2019/24 Takefusa Kubo @ FC Real Madrid (ESP)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Been pretty disappointing considering the hype you can see the potential is there though

seolseol repped this.
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't know honestly. I think he should just go to another La Liga team actually. He speaks perfect spanish and I doubt about his english.

seolseol repped this.
  3. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    You reckon? his first season was a good platform to build off and continue to develop but his form has continued to decline in the past 2 years. He is barely getting a starting spot at a very poor Mallorca side. I think bundesliga is less physical and more open which is suited to his style of play. If someone like Tatsuya Ito looked good imagine what he could be capable of. He has been to Mallorca x2, Getafe, Villarreal. I think it could be time to try another avenue. Not to mention 2 goals in his last 59 Laliga games and not many more assists

YakYak, Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He can consider Serie A or the top Portuguese sides if he has any offers from them as well imo.

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Kubo has no problem with physical leagues, probably for his height/weight he's tougher than a lot of other japanese footballers.
    Simply as now he is not what we expected he would be aka the next big thing in japanese football.
    BUT he is good enough for a better level than the relegation fight in La Liga.
    I think that a team like Atalanta, with a role similar to the one played by A.Gomez, fit him perfectly.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He shall try new league. He is stagnating in Spain.

Yamato Damashii and seolseol repped this.
  7. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    As good as that may be I don’t think the way he has played the last 2 years warrants him playing for a team like Atalanta

8. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I actually think he's gonna stay. He isn't a starter in Mallorca, but he doesn't care that much as long as he enjoys his time there.

9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He has skills that a good (aka no blind) manager can make the most of.
    I have a lot of examples of raw diamonds polished by good manager.
    Not exactly a young talent but when Shunsuke moved to Celtic becoming a star in Scotland and pkicking in the ass ManUtd, just before this, he was a sub in laughable Reggina.
    Another no-japan related example: when Klopp called Coutinho to Liverpool he was a bech warming sub in Inter good only for locker videos.
    If he will stay in Mallorca he will be not ready for Qatar and probably he will be benched even in WC, good for the 3rd match aka the irrilevant one OR the desperate to put in even Kubo one.

10. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As impressive as he is playing first team football in La Liga at his age, Kubo just needs to find a club who aren't scrapping for relegation every season and more importantly actually start putting some numbers up in his goals/assists.

He's been riding the wave of the Japanese media obsession with him, practically walking into the JNT. I hope he can build on his goal against Ghana.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Unlike Minamino who has quite a bit of news regarding transfer offers, there is almost little to no news for Kubo. Most probably, Kubo will be in FC Mallorca next season at the way things are now.

12. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Real Sociédad is rumored to want him, maybe perhaps on a permanent basis.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.