2019/24 Shoya Nakajima @ FC Porto (POR)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Europa Leage draw:

Group G:
    Porto.
    Young Boys.
    Feyenoord.
    Glasgow Rangers.

seolseol repped this.
  2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Coolest group ever for any EL edition till now.
    How many trophies in this group?

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Bench start for Nakajima tonight after his family vacation and international matches for Japan.

Porto is facing Portimonense away, Anzai is starting for Portomenense while Gonda is on the bench.

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    WTF happened with the manager in the end?

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    1173319885780389888 is not a valid tweet id

Transfer request pls.

6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1173319885780389888 is not a valid tweet id

It seems either Nakajima’s days or
    Sérgio Conceição‘s days at Porto are numbered.

We need someone who knows Portuguese who can get us to know what is being said and written about this incident @GunnerTNB .

What I can get is some Porto fans blaming Nakajima for carelessness, and correlate his entrance to the pitch with Porto conceding 2 goals. Fans said that Nakajima should have defended better and not allow Anzai space to run and score the second goal with no whatsoever pressure. They also blamed him for being completely lost in the pitch and not playing as a part of the team.

If Sérgio Conceição thinks the way FC Porto fans are thinking then it is clear why he was so mad at Nakajima to the point of assaulting him physically.

I will try to watch a record of the game to asses both Nakjima’s and Anzai’s performances, but surely more clarification is needed for what happened in the post-match between Nakajima and Sérgio Conceição.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    What clarification do you need lol? The other madman assaulted him. What if he scored an own goal, would he deserve to be shot ?

8. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We need to know why he assaulted him.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's obvious and does not change anything.

10. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    SC is insane and has a long record of being a drama instigator. He recently had a argument with Danilo, the team captain, and nearly led to him leaving the team. No matter what Nakajima did or failed to do, the way he acted is unacceptable, and the fact that it was done in public makes it only even worse. Porto fans and Portuguese public in general are really disturbed by his behavior.

11. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #111 HTCONEM8, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    It looks like Nakajima wanted to greet his former team mates but for some reason, had been warned not to do so by the manager; Naka ignored him, could be due to poor communication (language?), to the point of being pulled and getting shouted at by the coach.
    EDIT:
    That's one of the many explanations I've read about this incident on Twitter, don't shoot me! lol.

Manager's behavior aside, it really doesn't look good for Nakajima. So much drama in his career! o_O

I fear the former would happen since Naka hasn't been impressive so far for Porto.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That would be absurd, players from both teams greet each other at the end of a match, it's not Nakajima's initiative...

YakYak repped this.
  13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So much hype around the transfer. Changed the number. Like a messiah. But it does not look good. Not at all.

14. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anzai was nearby when the incident happened:

YakYak repped this.
  15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    SC is simply a piece of shit. Porto sucks ridiculously this season and the madman is nervous and easy to rage.
    Obviously he choose to go berserk against the light weight poor performing Nakajima. Try this with Ibrahimovic, Stam or Cantona if you have balls idiot.
    SC will be sacked, Nakajima has some chance if he will impress the new coach.

... The fack... Blame your #10 little fellow for the defeat... What a sad person. Imagine Moriyasu blame Nakajima for the defeat against Chile assaulting him. He deserved to be sued for this, mobbing whatever, I really hope so.

seolseol repped this.
  16. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Nakajima has been looking unhappy, and without the confidence he had while he was at Portimonense. This incident explains why: his working relationship with SC isn't the best. He's been a ghost since he's been transferred to Porto .Things change fast in football however. SC doesn't have much room for error at the moment, any faux-pas could cost him his job at this time. Truth to be said, Nakajima also needs to change a few things on his end, like learning the language to be able to communicate efficiently, he be less soft and passive. Porto is a powerhouse, and not a Japan-friendly club like Portimonense. He needs to impose himself. But if Nakajima's performance don't improve quickly, and SC remains the head coach, he could be loaned out when the January window opens.

Samurai Warrior, Keren and seolseol repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any resolution to the incident? It seemed as though Conceição was upset by Nakajima’s defensive lapses.

18. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    According to the newspapers, SC was very upset at his lack of application and commitment to the team. The incident will probably dealt with internally. SC might be a lunatic, but it looks like he doesn't hold grudges. Other players with whom he's had frictions were given another chance once things settled down. One factor that plays in Nakajima's favor is that he costed 12M euros and can't be kicked out that easily. I really hope SC gets sacked.

teioh and naopon repped this.
  19. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Defensive application LOL.
    Nakajima. ROTFL.
    Obviously Porto's defenders have not guilt but the #10 has.
    I bet the disastrous beginning of season is Nakajima's fault too, cuz he doesn't speak portoguese and this cost Porto the UCL spot of course.
    Imo SC will be sacked. It depends only in his successor if Nakajima will stay or go loan maybe in another portoguese side to show them what they are risking to lose.

20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Record reports that the incident is behind Conceição and Nakajima.
    img_920x519$2019_09_18_12_14_48_1603844.jpg

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's a relief but with a hothead like Conceicao, Nakajima should be more diligent.

seolseol repped this.
  22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's behind them, yet he couldn't help but take a shot at Nakajima during his last press conference... just distateful.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, he anwered a direct question from a journalist actually.

While I completely condemn the episode on the pitch (horrible, really) I listened to what he said and knowing Nakajima I can empathize. Haven't seen the match in question in full (just the highlights), but essentially if he's feeling Nakajima isn't putting his 100% chances are he's probably right. I think the message the coach is sending to Nakajima is the right one tbh and Shoya needs it too after his string of bad performances. We can call it wake up call if we want I guess.
    As said of course what he did after the pitch was just disgraceful.

seolseol repped this.
  24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Some translation of what he said?

25. yanagibashi

yanagibashi Member

Eintracht Braunschweig
    Japan
    Jan 3, 2018
    good wake up call. moriyasu or any other japanese manager wouldn’t have the balls to tell him to improve this game.

he’s become complacent. he’s nearly guaranteed a starting position in the national team so someone needed to call him out (in a better manner).