2019/24 Shoya Nakajima @ FC Porto (POR)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    That super block on the jersey back must be declared illegal.

Let's wait for UCL seeds to see him against the best of the european football.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Super Block?

3. Barren

Barren Red Card

Bayern München
    South Korea
    Jul 11, 2019
    Surely you don't think Nakajima's (Japan's already proven talent) move to Porto was due to a Castillas player? Lol.

4. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Of course not, but having watched Kubo, his natural competitor in the national team signed for arguably the best football club in the world, maybe Nakajima feels the urgent need for him to be back at European League and challenge himself to be a better player.

5. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hi Krilin, how are you ?

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Sorry, SUPER BOCK.

7. Barren

Barren Red Card

Bayern München
    South Korea
    Jul 11, 2019
    Is that supposed to be an insult? Are you an internet troll?

8. Barren

Barren Red Card

Bayern München
    South Korea
    Jul 11, 2019
    Don't they play different positions? In a few years ideally Japan should fit both in. Right now I still give Nakajima the edge.

9. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :ROFLMAO:

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sounds very romantic but I'd bet everything was already decided since his move to Al Dulhail ;) (especially given how it happened)

11. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That money laundering thing? How'd that work? So now Qatari not only investing for a club but for a player as well?

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm bad at these things but, who take advantage of this money laundering?

Portimonense took 35 milions for Nakajima
    Qatari took 20 milions for Nakajima
    Porto spent 20 milions for Nakajima

Where's the laundering?

13. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    The money a buying club spends for a player is one things, the money the selling club actually receives for that same player is another. The difference is in the commissions, and partnerships.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's not what happened

Let's begin from scratch:
    Al Duhail, club owned by the Qatar Investment Authority - like PSG - spends 35 millions to buy Nakajima with the help of an agent who has notoriously strong connections with Porto.
    Who was PSG's director at the time? Antero Henrique who is - oh, what a coincidence! - Porto's former vicepresident\director.
    6 months later, the club from Qatar happily sells Nakajima to Porto for 12 millions for the sporting rights "and a 50% stake in his economic rights" which already is shady enough as TPO have been long abolished, so one wonders what kind of unreal evaluations are we even talking about here.

So to answer the question about investing not just in the club but on the player: Yes, of course. Among FFP evasion, faking balances and moving money around.
    Don't ask me guys "how'd that work", if I knew I wouldn't be here typing on this forum but I'd work for the police probably :D.
    You just need to wonder if it's really possible that something like this has happened unplanned and if it makes any sense that a club from Qatar would buy and resell a player at half the value after 6 months. Everything is about fake balances and rich intermediary pockets here.

But either way, despite being an object of financial speculation, Nakajima is in Porto, that's what matters at last

15. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    When i looked for the ties between Al Duhail and QSI, i've found nothing. That's why i'd little bit skeptical about his move to Al Duhail as an intermediary for his future at PSG. At that time.

Never known that PSG director is a former Porto director, is he the one replacing Leonardo when he went to AC Milan-and now that he's gone, Leonardo is back to PSG, leaving such a mess at Milan?
    Okay, i've found a little bit of a clarity here.

Sporting right and economic right is nothing new since it's been introduced by Kia Joorabchian, i think.

Of course i've never thought that this kind of thing just happened unplanned, i just couldn't figured it how, the true premises doesn't always leads to a correct conclusion, anyway, so...

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yep, it's him. But anyway, as said despite a short desert trip Nakajima is now in Porto, so... it's just fun to read the declarations (from him and others) made at the time of the transfer to Qatar, I think

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This is clearly beyond my possibilities to understand.
    Anyway let's hope this links will give him a chance, if he succeed in Porto, to move to PSG someday.
    But I see him more as a profile good for Barca (aka skilled midget not exactly sympathetic).

18. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Can someone give me a brief hoe-down of what the team is currently like? (playing style, key players, etc.) I don't know anything about Porto other than that they're fairly dominant in their own league, they have a history of picking up young, talented players that they sell to big(ger) teams, and they usually get some older players past their prime (ex. Pepe, Casillas, etc.). Thanks in advance.

19. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Porto's had better days. They've one just 1 league title in the past 5 years, switched coach multiple times, and haven't made a big sell in longer than normal by Porto's standards (except for Militão). The business model used to be scouting young Latino talents, develop them and make big money selling them to deep pocketed clubs. However, in the recent years Porto seemed to have lost its flair for young prospects due to poor management. There was an attempt (which I never understood) at bringing a bunch of Mexican players who turned out to bring little football and financial value, and letting go of talented local players (Ruben Neves). The squad is mainly composed of foreigners, most Portuguese players having been phased out. Midfield Danilo and Alex Telles, though not the most flashy, are among the most influential players. Zé Luis seems to be a good add-on for the attack. Overall, the squad is composed of decent players, who can play compact, but not much more than that. They'll feature ok in the domestic league, but will most likely fall short of the title. Their CL campaign will mostly depend on who they draw, but in normal situation it wouldn't be surprising to see them make it at least to the 8th finals.
    Nakajima is good player and it looks like he will be handed a spot in the starting 11, and I can't see anyone able to threaten his jon at the moment. Had it been 10 years ago, it would have been a whole different story.

teioh, YakYak and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Samurai Warrior and YakYak repped this.
  21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Porto drawn against Russian club FC Krasnodar in the UCL 3rd qualifying round.
    The first leg will be on 7/August in Russia which the second leg will be on 13/August in Portugal.

Not an easy opponent.

Meanwhile, Nakajima is starting from the bench in tonight’s friendly against Monaco, second bench start on a row.

seolseol repped this.
  22. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyway, Nakajima needs to regain his pre-Qatar level, it just takes a little while.

Drew1404, YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  23. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Porto won their first-leg of CL third qualifying round away 0-1 against FC Krasnodar in Russia.

Nakajima did not play and wasn’t even on the bench despite travelling with the team to Russia.

Sources in Portuguese press suggested that he is not ready yet, and did not adapt to the team yet.
    Other sources suggested that Porto needed to defend in this game and Nakajima is weak defensively, suggesting that Nakajima and some other players were saved for the second leg in Portugal next week.

FC Porto fans are complaining about the coach not using Nakajima at all, which shows how highly the fans rate him based on his form at Porimonenese.

seolseol repped this.
  24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Nice season begin.
    Not even on the bench cuz he can't defend.
    Sure.
    Where I hear this before? Oh it was in England some years ago before Twitter geeks started that hashtag about #free some japanese dude. Can't remember very well sorry.

seolseol, gandychan and Keren repped this.