2019 - 2020 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by LargeGuyBobby, Oct 10, 2019.

1. LargeGuyBobby

LargeGuyBobby New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 7, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have to agree... You would think one full-time assistant for sure in that conference. Would be interested in knowing what the rest of the conference is like. Anyone have any idea?

2. PoptartKing

PoptartKing Member

Feb 11, 2020
    From what I heard, the St. Peters women's head coach was listed on Indeed as a part time position so I doubt that the men's program would have a full time assistant let alone the head coach.

I've never coached in or even played against a MAAC school so I don't know much else.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    You know shit is slow when there's seven straight posts - I guess this makes eight - about a random MAAC vacancy.

4. jiggaman123

jiggaman123 Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Chicago State has their guy! Great hire

5. First Time Finish

Nov 4, 2016
    It’s Trevor Banks from what I’m hearing.

JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  6. LargeGuyBobby

LargeGuyBobby New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 7, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I know why I was told he was offered and turned down Siena.

If they got Trevor Banks to come there not only is that a great hire for them but an absolute steal.

7. PoptartKing

PoptartKing Member

Feb 11, 2020
    That's a steal if true.

From how bad the women's program was last year and from what I've heard with the school cutting programs in the past few years I wonder how well funded it will be.

They definitely showed some intent with the hire though!

8. LargeGuyBobby

LargeGuyBobby New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 7, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PoptartKing and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  9. The Big Dig

The Big Dig Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 25, 2020
    Anyone know anything about who is up for the Robert Morris job?

10. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    Quiet on jobs. Limited openings for the next few years and job security now more the will they keep the program over W/L record. Not a great time to be a college coach.

11. The Big Dig

The Big Dig Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 25, 2020
    Probably true but was asking if anyone had info specifically about the RMU job because it's open, not college soccer jobs in general.

PoptartKing repped this.
  12. PoptartKing

PoptartKing Member

Feb 11, 2020
    Interested to see who goes for RMU with everything going on. The move to the horizon league made conference a lot tougher for them IMO. Add that to the obvious struggles with the pandemic + what looks like a low funded program could be hard to attract a good coach who is most likely in a comfortable top assistant job!

We'll see though!

The Big Dig repped this.
  13. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2020-2021

Vacant
    Robert Morris
    UTRGV

Filled
    TBD

OverseasView repped this.
  14. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
  15. First Time Finish

Nov 4, 2016
    There must be given that he either wasn't given the opportunity to resign or didn't take it if he was.

16. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Whomever they hire, I hope he makes more of a concerted effort to recruit talent already in the RGV.

A coach that speaks Spanish - and is perhaps Latino - might not be a bad idea for that area, either.

First Time Finish repped this.
  17. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the last 14 months UTRGV hired a new AD and Associate AD.

There's also been this pandemic, and who knows how that has impacted the situation? Could be an issue in play with budget cuts -- either salary with a new contract and/or program budget.

18. PoptartKing

PoptartKing Member

Feb 11, 2020
    A lot going on, but certainly a weird decision by an AD to release a coach who won 14 games in 2018 (and 8 in 2019) unless something more happened. Don't know much about the program but clearly you can win there!

19. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    As contracts that are up for renewal or will be expiring, A.D.’s will be asking coaches and staff to take pay cuts across the board. So may have to have a good think about a career change.

20. jiggaman123

jiggaman123 Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Heard South Carolina is starting the vetting process. Who is going to get that gig? Looks like a great gig from the outside!

21. The Big Dig

The Big Dig Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 25, 2020
    I would think in normal circumstances there would be some big names in the mix but I wonder if the rumors about cutting the program will scare people off. Very interested to see how it goes.

22. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Do you really think a SEC school would post a coaching job, interview candidates, hire a candidate and then cut the sport?????

23. The Big Dig

The Big Dig Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Sep 25, 2020
    I'm not saying they are going to cut the program but wasn't it you who posted the article in the "current state of college soccer" forum that it could be a possibility? South Carolina athletics has made huge budget cuts, furloughed employees, projected to lose about $58 million in revenue, football and basketball coaches took pay cuts, etc. etc. Just saying that some people who would have been interested might think twice if they are currently in a more stable position. I also could be wrong but none the less, like I said, definitely interested to see how it goes!

ThePonchat repped this.