2019/2020 Euro Leagues

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kyle Crew, Jul 21, 2019.

1. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    But nobody (except apparently the ref) would say the no call at midfield met the obvious error standard for overturning it. Meanwhile the foul did clearly occur in the box so it should have been a PK with a yellow for Courtois.

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zieht Bayern die Lederhosen aus!

That is all....:D:D:D

7Secs repped this.
  3. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serie A’s new anti-racism campaign features.... wait for it.... monkeys. I mean, how fvcking ignorant can these people be? It’s simply unbelievable.

Tobias C repped this.
  4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Football Italia interviewed the artist. If you are expecting that to shine any light or make any more sense of this, you'd be mistaken. This has been a problem in Italy forever and it only gets worse with the rise of nationalist conservative parties like the Five Star Movement and politicians like Salvini holding such a loud megaphone. (I'm sure you won't have to look too hard to find parallels stateside.) It's no surprise that a bunch of white Italian men would come up with this campaign in a bubble, and less surprising that they would lack the common sense and humility to show this to even one person (a receptionist, an intern, anyone outside their bubble) who would say to them, "No this ain't it, amici."

Roma, who along with other clubs have already undertaken independent anti-racism measures, has already condemned the campaign. I'm sure a few other clubs have as well.

It's no surprise. But that doesn't make it any less moronic or indefensible.

Minnman repped this.
  5. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of the lower level teams I listed above made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup. The best result was by Boston United, who earned a replay before falling to Rochdale.

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oddly enough, there's a Columbus connection to Boston United (the Pilgrims). Mark Phillips of the Xoggz played for them in the mid-90s

7. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rangers beat Celtic 2-1 today at Celtic Park.
    The game featured a total of 7 yellow cards and 1 red.
    The Hoops have a 2 point lead on the Light Blues, who have a game in hand.

Indy83 repped this.
  8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VALENCIA 2-0 BARCA!!!!!! Fvcking vamos Los Che! Amunt!!!!!!!!!

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kyle, take good care of my sweet prince Alessandro Florenzi. He's in a bad moment here, but I still believe he has something to offer Valencia and hopefully Roma too down the line.

10. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have experience in getting tickets to games in Germany? @kgilbert78 i figured you might.

The wife and I plan on taking a trip to Europe this September or October. Plans haven't been finalized as of yet but we are looking to fly into Amsterdam and make our way over northern Germany to Berlin and maybe Copenhagen or Prague. Are there reliable outlets to get tickets or is it just easier to go thru the teams website? The places I'm looking at are Dortmund (probably a hard ticket to get), St Pauli if we go to Hannover or just waiting to get into Berlin and go to a Hertha or Union game.

This will be the first time in Europe for both of us so just looking for a bit of help. Thanks.

11. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Berlin last year. Union games are literally impossible to get tickets for, unless you’re willing to spend HUNDREDS of euros PER TICKET.

Hertha is definitely doable though.

12. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what it sounded like when doing some searching last night about Union games. I guess it's also going to depend on what clubs are home during the days we'll be there.

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget Dortmund--almost impossible (I tried once). But as I recall, the German Football Museum is there....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Football_Museum

I've done a couple Hertha games. The last time (2005), I was able to order tickets from their website (and for a match vs Schalke). But I had to pick them up at the game at a will call spot. If you go to Hertha--take public transit. The Olympic Stadium is a must see, IMHO--especially for an Ohioan due to the Jesse Owens connection. Gladbach mails them, but last time we had to have them reprinted in Gladbach as they did not arrive in time. A number of cities have a ticket agency where you can get tickets right from the team--which is how we went to see Duesseldorf. Sometimes the fan shop has them too. Depends on the team. There's also a good chance Hamburg gets promoted, and that's a doable ticket usually. St. Pauli has an interesting stadium, right by an old Flak tower.

A lot depends on the team they are playing as to availability of tickets. Derbies are tough to impossible--especially in the Ruhr. Bayern is always tough away.

DAK77 repped this.
  14. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, when we were there Union had a Friday night game v Frankfurt, would’ve been perfect, but the only tickets available were from secondary markets and started at €300-350 per ticket. Needless to say, that was a no-go. Worked out in the end though, next day we went to Madrid and saw Atlético v Real at the Wanda Metropolitano. Those tickets were €200 per ticket (secondary market as well).

15. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I went to a match in Frankfurt in October. The "Eintracht" subreddit was helpful in directing me to finding tickets. In the end, I got them from the club's website. The fans basically told me to check on the website on certain days of the week because that's when singles and pairs get dropped. Sure enough, a few tickets showed up and I was able to get one. td;dr: check their forums.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  16. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you got to see a Frankfurt match. Who was it against and how was it?

17. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The match in Frankfurt was against Wolfsburg--it was fun! The crowd, especially the supporters, were in full roar the whole time, despite the fact that the home side went down early and played TERRIBLE the whole match (they were in a slump). Wolfsburg had a man sent off just before halftime, but played super organized defense and even managed a second goal on counterattack (a man down) in the second half.

I wish the home side would have won because the mood would have been better at the end. Anyway, the stadium experience was cool--there was a roof over the fans which kept sound in, and a 4-sided scoreboard w/ video screen hanging down high over the middle of the pitch. The stadium itself was easily accessible from the city train. It seemed kind of in the middle of nowhere--but fortunately I stayed at a hotel one stop away so it was easy for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minnman and CybrSlydr repped this.
  18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Frankfurt stadium was originally called the Waldstadion (Forest Stadium), as it is in a park. Hamburg is similar as is the Olympic Stadium in Berlin. Gladbach's Borussia Park is *waay* outside town--the residents did not want them to enlarge their old stadium, which was in town (there was really no room), and the site was converted into housing. The new stadium sits on ground that was once part of a major British NATO base that came available at the right time. Often times, they just grew around a plot of land a club obtained--and as the club grew, so did the stadium.

19. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Union Berlin hard to get tickets to? Huh. Was it mainly because they had just been promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time ever? I suppose a 22K seat stadium in a city of 3+ million plays a factor.

20. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First year in Bundesliga ever, and maybe their only one. Plus the small stadium.

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they have a crazy loyal fanbase.

22. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be a different situation, but a few years ago my son was traveling in Germany with his mom. He's been a Bayern fan (sorry, @kgilbert78) since he was pretty young, so I told him to write an email to the club. He did, noting how he'd been a fan for years, was going to be in Germany, was wondering if there was any way to get tickets to a match. He got a response within a day or two. The club hooked him up with two tickets in the away supporters section when Bayern played at Moenchengladbach.

I guess the point here is, if you have a particular interest in a club, reach out, and maybe they can hook you up. Obviously, the Bundesliga is hoping to find a way to gain a larger following in the States, will be in ESPN+ next season. The league certainly does want to attract more American fans.

23. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kgilbert78 repped this.
  24. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2008 Matchday 1 in Munich, FC Bayern vs. Hamburg, we went to the stadium grounds hoping to scalp or whatever and ended up just buying seats from the official box office. I don't know if that's viable anymore or risky but it worked. The next morning, we were traveling out of Munich and saw a bunch of Hamburg supporters at the hauptbahnhof doing the same. It appeared as if many hadn't stopped the party from after the match. I think that's one of the longest away trips in the Bundesliga.

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freiburg-Hamburg might be a bit further (of course Hamburg is not in the BL at this time).