2019/2020 Euro Leagues

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kyle Crew, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The hot new rumor about Gareth Bale is that Real is negotiating with Juangju Sunning in China, and they are ready to pay Bale €15 million a year for 3 years, which is close to matching the current €17 million over 3 years deal Bale is currently on. He’s said previously China is off the table, but clearly no one in Europe is willing to pay his wages, and Real appears to have no interest in subsidizing any part of this move.
    IMG_0027.jpg

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer museum in Florence. In the basement of a Carrefour Express near the Duemo.... I'm still trying to figure it out--but it was fun.... IMG_8535.JPG IMG_8538.JPG

Kryptonite and hardhead repped this.
  3. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Madrid trying to kill two birds with one stone: hijack the Neymar transfer to Barça while also getting rid of Bale. Rumor is Real has offered Bale + €90 million to PSG for Neymar.

IMG_0028.jpg

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sorry I'm late. If anyone needs me I'll be spending the next several days gazing at this photograph alternating between feelings of tremendous loss and tremendous lust. What a man. What a ********in hero. What a ********in legend. DAJE DANILE DAJEEEEEEEE!!!!!

De Rossi Boca Junors.jpg

5. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did he want to go to Boca?

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He’s always had an affinity for Boca. He’s talked forever about how great it would be to play at the Bombanera in front of their fans. He was never gonna play for another team in Italy. And as much as I love MLS he would never be satisfied here. His level of passion and dedication is just at a different level.

In short he’s playing for Boca because sometimes the world is so beautiful it makes you want to cry. He’s playing for Boca to renew earth’s faith in the romantic.

7. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this reply is a good start.

hangthadj repped this.
  8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8 Kyle Crew, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    IMG_0034.jpg
    Wow... Bale is going to China. Sad that all he cares about is money. You’d think he has enough, but I guess not. I hope he’s happy counting his money in China.

Basically it says a deal between Bale and China is incredibly close to being done. €22 million a season for 3 years. Looks pretty legit. Up to possibly €20 million more in bonuses as well. All numbers are net, not gross.

Previously read Real was so desperate to get rid of him they were just ready to amortize his original fee from Spurs just to get him out of Madrid and his salary off the books.

9. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale is what happens when you believe your own hype.

10. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh... taking into account injuries, his numbers were alright. He scored goals in big games. I think 3 things killed him with teammates and fans:

1) 6 damn years and he still can’t speak Spanish. Ridiculous.

2) Injuries.

3) €100 million transfer fee doomed him. Cost more than Ronaldo, but was never gonna eclipse him.

4 Champions League titles in 6 years, 1 La Liga, and 1 Copa del Rey. Not bad. Oddly though, wasn’t enough, though I don’t think anything would have been good enough with the big 3 flaws being present that I mentioned above.

Alneri repped this.
  11. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now the Bale saga takes another twist. According to who you read / believe:

English media:

Madrid canceled the move because they want a transfer fee. Contradicting that, Spanish media previously reported Madrid would accept a no fee deal just to get Bale's salary off the books. They were prepared to eat that bullet after amortizing his transfer fee over multiple years. No fee wasn't ideal, but it wouldn't necessarily lose them money. So not sure what's going on here.

Spanish media:

Marca is reporting that Bale's family has zero interest in moving to China from Madrid (shocker) and would prefer a move within Europe.

Both agree that Florentino Perez still likes Bale and that the lose of Asensio is troublesome for Madrid. Also reports still suggest Zidane is hellbent on getting Pogba, so moving on Bale's salary is required.

Regardless, Bale and Madrid need to figure something out. The Chinese transfer window closes on Wednesday the 31st. It appears there is no legitimate interest in Bale from England. There is no interest from PSG (they want cash only). There is no interest from Italy. There is no interest from Bayern Munich. Obviously he's not moving within Spain.

I really can't see where Bale would move besides China. English media is reporting a salary of 52 million euros per year deal in China (I'd assume that is gross), in Spain the number is 22 million euros per year (net), and some reports suggest yearly incentives of potentially 20 million euros per year (net).

12. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing in world football is more boring to me than Galacticos transfer news.

hangthadj repped this.
  13. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Everyone knows the big story this year is whether Hull City gets promoted or not. Bale, Neymar, Barca, Liverpool....just some scrubs when compared to Hull City.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Serie A Schedule.jpg

Serie A finally announced their fixtures today, barely 3 weeks before the season starts. Never change, Italy.

Naturally, as I look at the 38 rounds in full it's hard to envision a single Roma loss among them. A historic unbeaten scudetto winning season awaits us Romanisti, this is a given. So instead I look for the big weeks of the season.

The scheduling gods did not mess around with rounds 2 and 21. Atalanta vs Torino, Juventus vs Napoli, and the biggest game on the calcio and world football calendar...The Derby Della Capitale.

I can't wait. CALCIO! CALCIO!! CALCIO!!!

Alneri and hardhead repped this.
  15. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scottish Premier League kicks off this coming weekend.
    Bundesliga starts August 16.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea at Monchengladbach is on ESPN right now. The German Supercup is on channel 28 at 2:30. Not a bad Saturday.....

17. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    It's a terrible Saturday. Hull City lost.

18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Congratulations to Benfica, 2019 International Champions Cup Champions!

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that like the Browns going undefeated a few years ago in the pre-season....

TKyle repped this.
  20. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Benfica added yet another trophy to their collection after beating Sporting 5-0 (FIVE NOTHING!!!!) in the Supertaca yesterday.

LIga Nos kicks off this weekend. WOOOOOOOOO!

21. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leeds looked good yesterday and they are getting a docu-series on Prime this month. I can hope for good games this season and re-live last season's heartbreak.

22. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Due to popular demand, I present to you, without further adieu hangthadj’s 2019-2020 EPL Predictions. As a reminder these predictions are made without bias and informed only by my vast knowledge of the world’s 5thbest soccer league!

1. Wolverhampton Wanderers of Portugal
    2. Super Frankie Lampard
    3. Ozil’s Ressurection and Redemption
    4. Hacienda City

8. !Pellegrino!

9. Chat Shit Get Banged
    10. sHoUldA kept lUKaKu!

15. Moises Kean’s One Man Highlight Extravaganza

19. ASHLEY OUT
    20. Liverpool

Alneri repped this.
  23. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    Taking this to Vegas as my chest sheet.

kgilbert78 and hangthadj repped this.
  24. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Owen Goal has apparently transferred. He's scored the first goal of the Premier League season.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we're not the only team with weather delays--the Gladbach-Sandhausen cup game is currently in a weather delay...[​IMG]