2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    It looks like we have agreed to sell Bruno for 70m to Manchester. He is expected to be in England soon to do his medical.

Edit: This is coming from Italian newspaper Corriere dello sport

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Thiago Almada looks set to stay at Velez after he featured for Velez and the latest rumour is that City is not willing to pay the 16M euro clause in his contract.

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Great news!

4. Davido40SCP

Davido40SCP Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rafa Leao aka snake mgee is going to Milan for 35 Million, with Tiago Djalo going the other way, being valued at 5 million. (funny we just let him go for 500k lol)

Someone correct me if im mistaken, but isnt Sporting still processing his contract termination?

What about the other ones? Theres been no update on this.

If in fact that Sporting really has no case against the outstanding terminations then Bruno was oh so wrong in saying that they would win every one of the cases before he was ousted.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The remaining cases are Rafael Leao, Podence, and Ruben Ribeiro. While the last 2 likely won't amount to much, Leao seems to be a good talent and we could see some good money come in.

But there hasnt been much news

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Alan Ruiz and Lumor loaned out again:

- Alan loaned again to Aldosivi (thankfully this guy's contract with us ends next June)
    - Lumor loaned to Mallorca (recently promoted to La Liga) for a season

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Both Record and O Jogo are reporting that Tottenham Hotspur representatives are in Lisbon to negotiate a deal for Bruno Fernandes. With the English transfer window closing shut in a week and the player wanting to play solely in the Premier League, we should know by next week if he stays or goes.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Concerning that there are no rumours of players coming in, still so many holes, especially if Bruno leaves.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There's been rumours, i.e. Velez midfielder Robertone has been linked for weeks, but I think it's all contingent on Bruno leaving or selling either Bas Dost or Acuna.

BTW we have reportedly rejected Spurs' initial offer which is apparently well below the 70M Varandas wants.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    SCP has made an official statement regarding the sale of Rafael Leao from Lille to Milan for 30M euros.

https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

In light of the news of the transfer of player Rafael Leão from Lille OSC to AC Milan, Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD clarifies the following:

1. Which continues to consider that the player Rafael Leão did not have reason to terminate the sports contract that linked him to Sporting CP - Futebol, SAD;

2. That it will continue to strive to enforce its rights in the competent authorities and, above all, with FIFA, where it will claim from Lille OSC the compensation due for the sporting rights of the player who has been unlawfully deprived, whose value is illustrated by the transfer now announced,

3. And he will do his best to ensure that violators do not benefit, as the rules of the game and the ethics of club relations dictate.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rafael Barbosa loaned to Estoril.

Ivanildo on his way to Trabzonspor on loan.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #162 SCP21, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Don't know how reliable this guy is, and it seems unlikely given Bruno personality but...

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There were reports of a meeting today. Since Spurs have now made an official bid, if we reject it and he doesn't leave we owe him 5M.

Record is reporting Real Madrid have entered the race now. Not sure how credible that is.

Italian press says Lazio is interested in Bas Dost.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why wouldn't he want to leave though? I'd be pushing for a move really hard.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm sure he is but he's just not being a d*** about it like most players are.

16. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    According to O Jogo, Tottenham offered 45 mil for Bruno. WTF is that?! If that's true, that a complete joke. He better not leave for anything less than 70 million.

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, I'm sure he wants to leave and I'm sure Sporting knows he does, but seems odd that he only schedules a meeting with Beto on August 2nd. He doesn't seem like the type to force his way out either.

I genuinely hope we sell him before the transfer window closes though, useless to keep a player like him around a bunch of players nowhere near his quality.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I doubt he moves anywhere but england so after august 8th we'll know for sure.

If he goes we need a top midfielder and top winger with part of that money

SCP_16 repped this.
  19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    received_340614940222328.jpeg

But they'll drop €80 million on a scrub defender like Maguire.

Pay the 70 million or he stays. It's that simple.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Its to the point where its irritating. They spend ridiculous money on english 'stars' and then want to undercut on talented players.

21. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    United will sign Eriksen not Bruno

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lookin like BF is everyones plan z

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Which could mean Tottenham signs Bruno. They already wanted Lo Celso before the Eriksen news, so Bruno could be an Eriksen replacement. If so, they better not skimp out on the fee.

EDIT: Just read Tottenham is trying to get Dybala. If so, maybe Bruno ends up staying - although if that's the case we have to pay him 5M for rejecting a transfer.

Official: Felix Correia to join Man City - no fee announced but its rumoured we receive 3.5M euros. Before that it was rumoured to be 7M, but this could be because they only bought 50% of his rights.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol 3.5mil fee for this very one sided "partnership"

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Today there's been articles that say we sold him for 3.5M but with future objectives related to his performance we could see up to 15.5M euros. However none of this is confirmed. Apparently we tried to keep the player offering him a good contract, but he rejected all our offers and he only had 1 year left on his contract.

Latest news:

- We're just over 24 hours from the end of the English transfer window and the latest is that we have rejected Tottenham's latest offer for Bruno Fernandes. The president wants 70M euros and it's rumoured Spurs have reached 65M + unknown amount in objectives.
    - A Bola states that if he were to be sold for 70M, we would see around 38M of that. We owe Sampdoria 10% of the fee + 10% for the agents involved (allegedly Jorge Mendes is now involved) + a percentage of any transfer we make is automatically taken by the bank as part of our financial restructuring deal. It would leave us with around 38M - in my eyes we could get 3 clear starters (I'm talking players that cost around 10M each) to upgrade the squad. I'm thinking personally a midfielder (replacing Bruno), a top winger and a top striker.

natenate101 repped this.