2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a bummer seeing Bas Dost leave under this negative cloud. Regardless of whether he is overpaid and as effective now, he provide a lot of goals and enthusiasm while he was in Lisbon. Personally I wish him all the best.

Now we need a reinforcement or two (or three).

Crooked repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sucks for the player, but his agent is... how do the english put it... a knob.

We rejected 2 offers now from Olympiakos for Bruno Gaspar. It's not the money that's the problem. Olympiakos if you recall signed Daniel Podence for free and refuses to pay us any compensation for signing a player who breached his contract. Therefore we're refusing to deal with them. As much as I'd love to see him sold... good for Varandas to hold his ground here.

OndaVerde, SCP_16 and SCP21 repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Bas Dost sold to Eintract Frankfurt for 7M euros + 500K in future objectives, with Sporting having 15% of any future sale.

https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

Thoughts?

Edit: The club on social media made a video of him saying "We know how to distinguish the player from those that surround him. Thank you Bas for everything!"

1165959688581726210 is not a valid tweet id

4. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Seems low given his record with us, but he has been below form for a while now. What can you do. And if his agent wasn’t stirring up issues then take it and move on. At least the salary is off the books.

Glad they didn’t vilify the player. No need for that.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think everyone involved has some blame:

Dost:
    - asked to leave according to the club's official stance
    - rejected transfers for 15 million to China, Russia, Mexico - he wanted to play in a big league - but that's his right, he isn't forced to move

Agent:
    - demanding money according to numerous sources which held up the deal
    - looking after his own interests more than his client's

Interim Board:
    - offered him a ridiculous contract, yes he was our top scorer before but 6 mill a year and almost 500K a year to his agent?

Current Board:
    - communication was poor on this one (i.e. head coach saying one thing and then another) - and resorting to indirect name calling via official club channels? Sounds almost like BdC days.... all this should have been handled internally

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    7Mil? That sounds so low. Did he have a release clause?

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think he did but something like 60 mill.

It was the deal that was possible I guess, we're less than a week from the end of the transfer window and he's been asking to leave since May.

Reports that Galatasaray are looking at Diaby as an alternative to signing Falcao. Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true Please be true

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting got bigger offers from other international leagues, apparently. But Dost refused to go there. That's why 7 million

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    7mil isn't bad for someone who is basically a pylon that BF had to hit in the exact right spot for the ball to go in.

Crooked and SCP_16 repped this.
  10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This.

11. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    According to Record, we've closed the door on Raphinha leaving. I guess his performance on Sunday had something to do with that lol.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah we wouldn't have a lot of time to replace him, unless it's a major bid of like 30 mill or more.

Record also saying that Paulinho from Leverkusen would come on loan if Diaby is sold. The 19 year old Brazilian cost Leverkusen 18 million last season from Vasco da Gama so it's highly doubtful we would be able to buy him, unless he came on a loan with option to buy for 15-20 mill.

13. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Are we going to use Paulinho if we manage to sign him? We got guys like Gonzalo Plata,
    who has tremendous skill but hasn't played yet. We need to sign guys we're going to use.

... I dont mind Diaby leaving though lol

SCP21 repped this.
  14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors of Andre Silva loan still out there. I don't know if it's believable though.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I hope we already had a shortlist of names before selling Dost, especially since they've known since May that he wanted to leave.

Since everything this summer seems to have hinged on getting 70 mill for Bruno Fernandes, we'll probably bring someone on loan. I don't mind loans as long as they have options to buy, even if it's a ridiculous fee I'd rather have the option to sign someone rather than just develop someone else's player.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    That's the thing. Whats the point of bringing Paulinho in, who has never shown much goal scoring ability, when we have players like Plata to develop. I'll never understand this kind of thinking.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If Diaby leaves, we'd need a replacement, Leverkusen paid 18 mill for him at 18 years old, he must be good. I just hope that it's a deal that can be good for us (i.e. having an option to buy).

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Plata is the replacement. Or Camacho. Whats the point of buying them if youre going to use a 19 year old kid on loan?

Money doesn't mean anything tbh. Could be that they wasted 18mil for him at 18 years old.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Italian media keep linking us to Andre Silva, although in Portugal the media seems a bit more skeptical.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Andre Pinto appears to be on his way to Saudi Arabia. Reports say he'll leave on a free and we'll have a percentage of his rights. Its another big salary off the books.

21. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Record is stating that Bruno Fernandes has been sold to a undisclosed club with the deal letting him stay in Sporting for this entire season. If that's true I actually don't mind that. We need him on this team.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Interesting if true. But would we receive the money now is my question? Seems strange a club would buy a player and then keep him away for a year. If we got the money (or at least part of it) now to reinforce the team seriously, and keep our star player for another year, that would be some deal.

Keizer said today he is hoping for one or two more players to come in before the deadline on Monday.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    To add to my post since I can't edit it anymore - I just remembered that Liverpool bought Naby Keita from Leipzig in August of 2017 but he stayed in Germany another year before leaving. So it is possible.

24. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I don't know how it would work but this sounds a little bit too good to be true. Although Jorge Mendes was in Monaco trying to get a deal done. So maybe

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    TVI is pretty certain today in saying that a deal was struck yesterday in Monaco and would be announced in September officially - Bruno stays another season but will leave in summer of 2020 and we get the money now. They didn't say which club though.

ScpBoy77 repped this.