2019–20 CONCACAF Nations League Semifinal: Mexico vs Costa Rica; June 3, 2021

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Apr 29, 2021.

1. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    domingo

Sanchito repped this.
  2. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1400677581003759619 is not a valid tweet id

LGRod repped this.
  3. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  4. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Nuevamente se demuestra que los jugadores que aún juegan en la liga mexicana no sirven para nada, se han estancado, deben salir pronto a Europa.

5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    LGRod repped this.
  6. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    This is what I think as well. I don't remember what the trend is in Mexico but in the US where soccer games are more a treat than a regular occurrence, you're always going to get the most idiot casuals who are just there to say they went to the game.

LGRod repped this.
  7. ax77

ax77 Member+

Mar 12, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I blame the fans. We were playing fine without them

El Pipiripau, LGRod and Serg33 repped this.
  8. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Y Pulisic k hizo ahora? Ni madres, europa no pesa en los juegos de CONCACAF.

9. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Lol

10. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Defund Liga MX!

LOL

God Damn chicken littles...

11. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Molero glorified friendly cash grab tournament got y'all REALLY pissed off...

Saldgotti1991 and Colima24 repped this.
  12. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    & racism. Fck those putos

Saldgotti1991 and Tello repped this.
  13. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cordova's ready for Sunday ?

14. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Ok everyone chill out. It's not 1998 anymore. It's a slur, and you honestly don't lose anything by not using it here. So please leave it out of the threads. I hear the discord would love to have you guys though.

15. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #290 JJV1994, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    Last time you were this P.C. Terrance Crawford and the Black Boxing community proved you wrong.
    When you clapped back at us for saying they think Canelo's scared to fight Black boxers and you're wrong again here too.

Alopez, Special_talent23 and AMLO2018 repped this.
  16. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ironic how chicken littles b offended of "homophobic" chant unlike when its about human rights violations, violence, etc

17. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    You're still obsessed with that? No one in the boxing community cares about those afro-centric fringe content creators. I really don't think I've ever cared about any of your opinions about me, so no harm done here either. Just everyone keep it civil and on-topic.

Paco' repped this.
  18. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    The Martino 3 player sub changed the game and was one of the worst moves, if not the worse from Martino. Romo did alright but Pulido for Henry was bad and the Lainez for Chaka was pure shit. It was crazy to take out Lainez but even more to take him out and leave Antuna, who had been the worst on the pitch in the 1st half. To me Antuna had one of the worst matches I've seen for a Mexican NT player and a lot of it is on Martino.

It's worrying me how Martino keeps struggling with defensive teams. He hasn't had a good 2021 and it also looks like were back to the pre Osorio thing of not studying your rivals and they really studying you which is a bad thing for CONCACAF play.

19. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    re: subs for the Mex vs CR (post match)

We all see something different.

Lainez- I think Lainez needs a lot of work in playing in conjunto. He has some “sparks” here and there but to me he is the player who thinks they can do it all by himself. Good if he believes in himself but it’s bad for the the team effort.

Arteaga - At least in last nights match, he was losing way too many balls and would struggle en el uno contra uno. To me, Gallardo at his best is better. I was not surprised by change and even wished it happened sooner.

Centro delantero - I don’t care for the Chivas/America thing but both had discrete performances. I don’t think I saw one centro to the CF the entire match so that didn’t help either. Jiménez is needed badly and the dynamics of the team changes drastically.

Guardado - Es el capitán pero la edad para la selección le esta pasando factura.

Antuna- not sure what was the purpose of this Juan Cambios Osorio formation with him in back (5-3-2). He has proven and demonstrated (on the NT) he is more effective up front on the wings.

El “torneo” (molero is fitting) sigue siendo una oportunidad para bajarle una lana a la afición mexicana radicando en los EEUU y para darle una oportunidad ha la selección EEUU que se gane un “trofeo” de la zona.

20. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sure do miss Raul..

LGRod repped this.
  21. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Reina jugó muy bien y el que metió gol fue uno que juega en Suiza, y el dela asistencia juega en Italia.

22. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So what happened to bozos claiming Pulido's better compared w/ Santiago Ormeño ? :laugh: Guy's mediocre, Henry is awful.

23. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Diria lo mismo pero señalando Hector Moreno. Liderazgo 0. Nivel bajisimo

Alopez repped this.
  24. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    #299 LAFEFUT, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    De acuerdo (no en lo absoluto pero semi de acuerdo) pero no lo menciono porque 1) no fue sustituido 2) se presupuestaría que va de salida.

los “cambios “ fueron con jugadores mas jóvenes con “futuro “

25. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    The game changed for the worst when Tata made those subs. Honestly, he went 0/4 with those changes. Because of that, Mexico looked toothless and listless. CR pressuring and made some of the players lose the ball wayy too often than I wanted to see.

Since Raul is out, there is no definitive striker for Mexico. Seriously, Henry and Pulido is the best we have? Nah, there has to be better strikers than them.

After his string of good NT performances in the past, Atuna had his worst performance yesterday. Seriously, that was awful.

All in all, Tata needs to go back to the basics and not tinker with the lineups as much as he did yesterday. The Nads were very underwhelming yesterday and Mexico should handle them without too much difficulty IMO.