2018 WC Qualification

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by zizouForlife, Jul 25, 2015.

1. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    so the draws are in guys. looks interesting.

Group A: Netherlands, France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg

...... looks challenging but i think it is good .. France get to test itself against the very best

what are your thoughts

2. Football Lover NYC

Aug 21, 2008
    My Room
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't think you should have much of a problem with this group. On paper it looks challenging but Sweden aren't what they used to be, and Who knows if Zlatan will even be playing with his team. The Netherlands are not in form and are still transitioning. Who knows when they will be good again. The rest of the teams France should handle with no problem.

3. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sweden just won the U-21. Granted, they probably would not have made the tournament if our U21 hadn't coughed up a 2-0 aggregate lead and played the worst game in years. I think it's a challenging group. We have been hit or miss against the Dutch lately, beating them cleanly in a friendly a year ago though losing obviously in Euro 2008 (granted the teams are way different now). They have a good young core coming up even if many aren't capped yet (Depay and T. Kongolo are capped, but Tonny Vilhena is still with the U-21s, Nouri, Ould-Chikh and Bazoer with the U-19s), although we have advantages in certain areas... especially goalkeeper/defense.

4. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Group A: Netherlands, France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg

A really tough group. Bad draw for France. :(

guignol and StarrMatthieu repped this.