2018+ TEAM JAPAN (Currently: Suzuki, Fujita, Ito, Okazaki) @ Sint-Truidense V.V. (BEL)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Schmidt is better, Steppe conceded some avoidable goals so far this season.

seolseol repped this.
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, he lucked out and then it became very clear who was the better goalkeeper.

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This team keep getting worse and worse every match.

Muscat is obviously clueless.

They should have build a team from the backline, and if they wanted to sign Japanese players, they should have sign CBs, DMs, and CMs. Signing wingers such as Ito and Nakamura randomly, did not help the team, neither it helped both players.

They need players who know how to defend, and players who can hold the ball and build-up attacks from the backline and midfield.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Speaking of transfers, curious to see how Cacace (surely brought by the coach) for 1.2 million will turn out.

5. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #280 Samurai Warrior, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    If you watched the match you would have obviously noticed he was not good.

He defended badly in Mechelen's second goal.

Matsubara was clearly doing an OK job at the left-back position, and this position was not in need of a new player.

This is why I said Kevin Muscat is clueless, instead of spending transfer money on positions the team are in need of players in, he spent the money on unneeded positions.

The club also signed an Ukraniain attacker who scored 10+ goals in last season's Ukrainian premier league, but how he or Suzuki are going to score if nobody passes the ball in a perfect position to them.

seolseol repped this.
  6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My understanding is that Pol Garcia seems to be about to be sold, so I can understand wanting a new left back. Don't think Matsubara has been much good personally but yes, obviously a 2000 from Australia should have been incredible or will hardly be a good replacement\backup.
    I skipped today's game and will probably do so for a while until I see some sense in the lineups.
    Probably some other CB is also going out since Caufriez was brought in... but a player from Waasland? I wonder...

7. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Hopefully Ayumu Seko lol?:cool: Jokes aside, they do definitely need to enhance their defense. A bit leaky at the back.

8. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Suzuki scored a lucky goal today, as an opposing defender backpassed the ball to him mistakenly in front of goal.

Sint-Truiden are trailing now 6-2 in the second half.

Schmidt is on the bench, while Matsubara, Ito, and Nakamura did not make it to the bench.

YakYak repped this.
  9. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First start for Daniel Schmidt, while Suzuki starts as usual, Ito on the bench, and both Nakamura and Matsubars did not even make it to the bench.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Decided to watch this game and I'm not even sure why, and boy what a surprise.
    By far the best game of the season and overall one of the best games of STVV I've seen.
    Today was 100% about the players attitude, they looked really at ********ing war!
    The intensity was so high, it reminded me of how this league should be.
    Yuma in particular was really tough. De Ridder being back in the team also helped and so did Schmidt being where he should be (had some solid saves)
    And somehow the 3 back defense this time worked.
    Ito also got involved later and did fine.
    So for now I guess the coach has more life, but he really should thank his players' pride.

YakYak and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is interesting, I think playing with a 3-5-2 helped the team, as playing with a wide midfield helps in avoiding the consequences of poor passing.

Not to mention that benching Colidio and Colombatto might helped the team too, as they were one of team's weak links.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah I'm not sure, I guess we'll see in the long term how much the system as a whole mattered (to be exact, they did 3-4-1-2 today). But today there was a huge attitude difference for sure.

13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Goal for Suzuki, as he picked a clever pass from a CK and fired the ball home.

4 goals in 11 matches, not bad considering the position of the team.

YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  14. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Both Suzuki and Nakamura scored today.
    Suzuki started as usual and scored from a PK, while Keito Nakamura came in as a sub in the last 15 minutes and scored a goal near the end of regulation time.

The team lost 3-2 against the last-placed team in the league, Mouscron. They drew in their last match 1-1 against second-to-last Beveren.

The team are still playing awful football and their passing quality is very very poor, they really need some decent players in the centre of the field who can pass and hold the ball properly.

YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmm, actually I think De Ridder and Asamoah aren't that bad, but starting Durkin again... jesus.
    Also I saw one of the recent games and was geniunely impressed with Nazon. He's lost a lot of kgs, put himself back in shape and was playing with the same fire as Yuma.
    Either way there are strong rumors again on the press that the coach is close to go. Next game is against Brugge, good luck with that.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    New coach is the belgian Peter Maes.
    Coached Genk in 2015-2016 (5th) And Lokeren in 2017-2018 (13th, was still in first div).
    Then Lommel last season, in the second div.

seolseol and YakYak repped this.
  19. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Suzuki scored his 6th goal of the season tonight, as the team secured a 0-2 away win to move out of the last place in the league difference. Even though, they are sharing the same amount of points as the other two teams in the last 3 places of the league table, but Sint-Truiden have a better GD than Mouscron.

The team are playing a more organised football under their new coach, as their passing clearly improved.

seolseol repped this.
  20. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    1 match is too early, wait for at least 7,8 matches maybe to see the effect of the new coach. Still think they need to shore up on their defense a bit imo.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So far so good.
    Also Yuma just scored a great header on a corner. Up 1-0 in the "japanese forwards derby".

seolseol repped this.
  22. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    #297 Gordon1995, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    If he can keep up this form, wouldn't be surprised seeing him in Bundesliga, etc. soon. His greatest strength imo is his movement in the box and his ability to play with his back to goal, JNT could possibly try to utilize him to play a role where he can use his in the box movement and ability to hold the ball to occupy defenders to create space for the CF or other forwards to score imo.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Afraid he's burned his JNT chances with some twitter criticism. Which sucks, because he should indeed be tried...

24. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He's abit too outspoken for JNT imo, maybe they don't like such characters. Actually Honda/Nakata are also pretty individualistic character wise, maybe Yuma Suzuki got influenced by them lol

25. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly Moriyasu thinks that Yuma is too irritable on the field. This is funny because when I turned on a STVV match, his coaches were yelling, "calm down Yuma!"

seolseol repped this.