2018+ TEAM JAPAN (Currently: Kokubo, Fujita, Ito, Ogawa, Yamamoto) @ Sint-Truidense V.V. (BEL)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jan 8, 2018.

1. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Guys..... Shinji Okazaki is also close before his last game a a player. I am very very sad. First Hasebe and now Okazaki.

Dont know if I am to emotional but Hasebe and Okazaki were different to other players. So much joy and heart in those playes. I really miss them :(.

Sooo much games and years with them. Dont want to single out players like Honda but Hasebe und Okazaki are the heroes of all time for me.

YakYak, poyotaryo, datschge and 2 others repped this.
  2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Everything comes to an end. Its sad.

3. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I never cried cause of football but today I do. I will miss them very much.

4. poyotaryo

poyotaryo Member

Brazil
    Feb 14, 2020
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Had the chance to meet him at STVV training ground a few months ago.

I was impressed by his natural charisma. I mean, I watched the guy hundreds of time on a field, charisma wasn’t the first thing to notice.
    We talked for 5 minutes, about life in Brussels, Flanders, his kids school, his career. He was very caring, asked me personal questions, in a very good English also.

In the meantime, it was very funny because a japanese young lady kept showing her love for him and he was very politely rejecting her.

A few years ago, when he was still playing in Germany, a Japanese friend of mine went to watch a game, and walked after the game towards the station that was far from the stadium. Okazaki passed by in his car and offered him to take him to the station.

We went together to STVV as my friend came to Europe for JNT games against Germany and Turkey, and Okazaki recognized him.

I already loved the player, I ended up loving the man.

YakYak, seolseol, datschge and 1 other person repped this.
  5. poyotaryo

poyotaryo Member

Brazil
    Feb 14, 2020
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And btw, Claudio Ranieri is also putting an end to his career. Not many from Leicester’s title remain. Time flies, man.

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What a gentleman.
    Great career also. Many highlights.

7. poyotaryo

poyotaryo Member

Brazil
    Feb 14, 2020
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #482 poyotaryo, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    Zion could go to Parma, freshly back in Serie A, and Kokubo would come from Benfica youngsters. Great move for both sides I'd say. Great experience with just the right amount of pressure for Zion.

Taniguchi's arrival is confirmed as well. Love this STVV project.

YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shogo to STVV?

9. poyotaryo

poyotaryo Member

Brazil
    Feb 14, 2020
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, that's what countless belgian media say, in both french and dutch. STVV is a very very small club, so news go fast I'd say. Last year when I visited the club, I was having a beer in the cafeteria and Joel Fujita was interviewed at the table right next to me, while parents were waiting for their kids to finish the training.

seolseol repped this.
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cool. I also like what theyve been doing with the club.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Recently back from the holidays, i'll organize the new treads in the next days.
    Edited this one with the players.

poyotaryo repped this.
  12. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Suzukis transfer to Parma is almost done also :).

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did he impress that much ?

14. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Dont know^^ what I have seen from him at the Asia Cup, no. I also heard from some similar games at St.Truiden but overall it seems he was good.

The negotiations are in the last phase about the fee. St.Truiden wants 8€ mio + bonus and Parma want to pay 6€ Mio + bonus. After sources they deal should be done in a few days. The news was from yesterday.

Parma said they absolutely want Suzuki.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes , well lets see how it goes.

16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Ok. It seems this is real. Now: wtf did Parma's scouts see in the last Asian Cup to want him so bad.

Anyway this is an high risk material: Italy has Top Tier GKs/trainings/trainers but if he will fail even a bit at the begginning of his experience the xenofobic "he's (half) japanese he can't be a good gk" will start to be ranted everywhere.

seolseol repped this.
  17. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Would be huge move for him and other Japanese GKs maybe.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I assume Parma scouted him mostly for his performances in STVV, not the asian cup.
    That said, I do agree it's a risky transfer. I don't think anyone will care about random internet comments though.

19. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Chelsea also have serious interests in him after sources and try to invent but seems like they got another talent.