2018 Seattle Sounders season discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Mateofelipe, Apr 30, 2018.

1. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And Raul Ruidaiz is a sounder

Sounders78 repped this.
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woo! So.. He starts tomorrow, right??? :)

3. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't we wish! Of course we would have to a midweek game while we are still waiting.

4. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    transfer window opens july 10th.

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m starting to think we might not make the MLS Cup this season...

6. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we actually scored, not once, but twice. And we lost. At home. To the Dead Trees. The Granola Tweakers. I am not getting giving up two goals on corners. We need two confident keepers. And Meredith actually made some nice saves. And Chad was in there to help organize things. And we gave up three goals. And we lost. Something does not compute.

7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much more patience can this team have before the sack Garth. This team has just aged and aged and nothing has been done to fix it. Signing an attacker is nice but there's a bigger issue with the team.

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends what you mean by safe.. From a Front Office standpoint, they aren't going to overlook the last 2 years of making it to the WC and sack him because of one bad season.. However, the "fan vote" is coming up this off-season and depending on how serious the team is about that vote, Garth could get bounced by the fans if the team doesn't turn it around quick.

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the team is far from being at the standard that it should be, would love to see them make a big change and invest more into the team.

on another note, anyone thought about pushing Roldan higher up? He seems to be fairly positive on the ball and dribble. Perhaps push Lodiero out wide with Roldan in the hole?

10. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So five points in three road games beats a poke in the eye. If we can get some o going with Ruidiaz coming in, then there may be hope for another late turnaround.

11. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you guys opening up more sections for tomorrow's game against Vancouver.

12. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle doesn't really have an attendance cap anymore. They can open up new sections as they are needed. Strolling through SeatGeek, the stadium looks fuller than normal this season, but it doesn't look like they need to open up new sections..

13. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the game was in Vancouver and was thinking if they would ope up more sections. So I went on there website to see and realized the game is in Seattle, but the seating chart on their website has a bunch of new sections open. But on your website it doesn't show these section are open. That's why I asked. Either way there will be at the minimum 39,000. Keep up the great work.
    https://venuekings.com/ticket-selection?productionId=1373431

14. fateswarning189

Jan 27, 2016
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but been meaning to say congrats Sounders. take care of our boy Ruidiaz. he'll be missed & never forgotten. his miracle goal a few years back saved us from relegation. :cry::cry:

15. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping he can work some miracles for the Sounders as well.. We're 10 points back on the playoff race and we've never missed the playoffs in our 10 season MLS history. *fingers crossed*

fateswarning189 repped this.
  16. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's beginning to look non-hopeless. We'll know more after the next couple of games - a tough NYC at home and on the road at streaking MinnU.

17. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a classic matchup Saturday...the resistable force...your offense...against the moveable object...our defense.

Darwin Quintero is a beast.

Sounders78 repped this.
  18. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we have won five straight and are still below the red line. This is why you don't stand pat in the off-season. And now we go down to Sigiland. That team is gonna score two or three. So we have to do the same. I am not sure why Schmetz loves the 4-2-3-1 so much. Can't argue with recent results, but it just seems so aughties. And we have the right personnel for a good 3-5-2. Gets both Ruidiaz and Bruin on the field at the same time. If VRod can play on the right, then we need him to be there and one of our useful left sided people on at the same time. I guess Harry Shipp can play there, too. We're gonna need goals on the weekend.

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s sticking with the 4-2-3-1 because if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. :) He’s mentioned previously that Ruidiaz would be better under a 4-4-2 option. That being said, with Smith on the left and Leerdam on the right, the Sounders are pretty much going to be in a perpetual 3-5-1-1 anyways, so what’s the point? ;)

20. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what you mean. But I think it would be better to have all three of our good center backs on at the same time and Oz/CR7/Goose more free to go forward. But Schmetz has forgotten more about soccer than I will ever know, so there is that.

21. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Coming into this month I was hoping for 6 points out of 12 as, combined with July, that would keep us on a 2.00 ppg since the start of July. We’ve already got the 6 this month. Anything more is icing on the cake. September and October have favorable schedules for us.

22. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to eat at least some of my words. But I still say the weak offseason recruiting will bite us in the ass one of these years. It could still this year, though it looks unlikely at this point. In any case, it's always good to beat the Granola Tweakers and nice to pay them back for beating us on our ground. It does look like the Garth's emphasis on youth development will pay some dividends soon. For now, we've got a good matchup to look forward to against KC. If we can take all three against them, we will be in the driver's seat.

23. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure you need to eat any words. While the Sounders have turned it around, it took a non-shootout era record tying number of wins to get the Sounders back into playoff contention. Not only that, but the Sounders are largely winning ugly. We had nothing going forward yesterday for most of the game and them Kim did a thing and got an own goal.. We had some chances (Harry Shipp *coughcough*), but the Timbers had far more chances and, honestly, should have gotten some goals if our CBs and GK weren't so good at getting their body in front of shots..

24. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #49 Mateofelipe, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Well, that was somethin'. Do Sounders not called Brad Evans suck at penalties, or is B-Rad so good he makes others look bad? And does Evans have a son that plays soccer? We're gonna need him for the 2030 USOC final.

25. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounders not named Brad Evans actually do suck at taking penalties. That's been an issue for the Sounders for years. This year has been pretty good with Lodeiro, but we've struggled for years with having others take penalties.