2018 player moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Dec 13, 2017.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Well the trades are flying today!

First
    Lindsey Agnew ---> Houston
    2018 6th overall ---> Houston

2018 3rd overall ---> Washington

Second
    Rights to Crystal Dunn ----> NCFC
    1 International Spot ----> NCFC

Ashley Hatch ----> Washington
    Taylor Smith ----> Washington

Discuss

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  3. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Good trade for Washington. They got two good players for one good player.

I'm surprised Dunn brought so much value to the trade market . She apparently didn't want to play in Washington, so she should have come cheaper for any team that wanted her.

I've havent been overly impressed with Dunn recently, but maybe she'll return to form in her old neighborhood of North Carolina.

4. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    I know Dash has been low on goal count but they know they need a roster of more than just 10 forwards and a Gk right?

kernel_thai repped this.
  5. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    They still have Lloyd to trade for another forward...or is Lloyd officially a forward?

6. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    I've heard her refer to herself as a false 9. So I don't know if Dash count that as an honorary forward

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think if she stays they either play her behind Jordan in a 3 front or at the point of the diamond. Hard to figure how they keep Beckie/Lloyd/Mewis so maybe they r working on something else.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Dunn for Hatch I think is fairly even... maybe DC got a bit more than Dunn was worth considering she's been interested in playing elsewhere. But add a valuable int'l slot for Smith and I think NCFC is very happy with this trade. They're already strong, and traded one USWNT player for another while gaining that international slot.

CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Dunn brings extra PR value as a UNC star.

10. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems as though I've missed something (it probably was in that Washington Post story which I can't access). When did Dunn's contract with Chelsea end?

11. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    the original contract was "until 2018"

12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ive seen it tweeted that Riley says she'll be available for preseason...if so the Chelsea contract is ending early.

13. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Dunn was going to stay away from the NWSL for a bit longer for some reason

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If memory serves they were operating under MOU at the time she signed and I believe the previous contract required players be in the NWSL during WC years. Maybe there were other reasons as well but I assumed that is why her Chelsea contract had the term it did.

15. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It is said in several blogs/sites that there will be a bunch of moves made fast in the next couple of days. I'm nervous at the thought of Red Stars losing any key players.

SiberianThunderT and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  16. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the MOU required them to play in the NWSL for two years in the cycle that ends with the WWC in 2019. But, of course, if those playing outside the US are not able to attend camps and play in friendlies to the extent that NWSL players are able, it might put the non-NWSL players at a disadvantage in competing for roster positions. I think that would be a concern for someone like Dunn.

I sure wish I had a copy of the current CBA. It has terms on this subject that the press appears not to have reported about. I'd like to see them.

17. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reports I've seen say she had an 18 month contract, which would have run through June of this year. However, her contract also included "options to leave if things don't work out" (from the WP story), so I'd guess she's exercising those options.

18. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not sure if it means anything but Carli Lloyd doesn't follow the Dash on twitter anymore and vice versa.

19. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch!

20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It doesn't surprise me.

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, we live in strange times, when a transfer is firstly announced by Twitter-unfollowing. Now it only remains to discover which Twitter she's going to start to follow instead. :coffee:

Gilmoy and Ismitje repped this.
  22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Maybe that's how it works...Lloyd picks a twitter feed she likes and the Dash contact that team ;)

blissett repped this.
  23. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Sky Blue!

24. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    A memorandum of understanding seems to be how I would describe the women I've dated!

cpthomas repped this.
  25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well I have seen that rumor but u see it pretty much every year because she lives in NJ. Maybe it's true this time. The other possibility is Utah is looking to make a splash with their fans...which is how Lloyd got to Houston.