2018 Pac12

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Sep 26, 2018.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG that was the greatest soccer game I’ve seen live in my whole life. My voice is gone.

2. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    As good as it gets for 20 year old females beating the hell out of each other.
    Pain, pleasure, pain, pleasure, that was a dramatic (traumatic) game of twist & turns.

It was a wicked and demented game.

The only thing that would have made that game better, is if it was played on Halloween

3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Sophia Smith's first post on instagram since her horrific leg injury.
    You get the feeling she'll be back better than ever, and faster.

[​IMG]

McSkillz repped this.
  4. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    15,000 would shatter the previous record.
    No women's college soccer game has seen that kind of number before.

This game made history.
    Edge of your seat game, maybe the best since the 2012 Olympic Semifinal.
    Baby Rat Morgan scoring in the 123rd minute. Yeah, that game.

5. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    You gotta feel for Devon Kerr and Collins from USC.
    Two future national team goalkeepers.
    Both giving up heartbreaking goals to end their regular season.

6. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Jill Ellis has Hailie Mace playing the wrong position.
    Typical Jill.

This girl is like the combination of Vivianne Miedema and Carli Lloyd.

Once again, typical Jill.

8. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Attendance was 8555

9. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    USC-UCLA was a roller-coaster of a game, and probably of emotions as well. It was an entertaining game, regardless of the outcome. I do think the result catapulted UCLA into a 1-seed, bumping USC to a 2-seed.

I think the quadrants have been pretty much already set up. My crystal ball predicts how the Committee will set up the bracket:

Stanford ___ Santa Clara ____ Tenn ____Virginia
    UNC _______ G'town _________ WVU ___ South Carolina
    FSU _______ Baylor __________ TAMU ___USF
    UCLA ______ Southern Cal ___ Texas ___ Vandy

10. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #85 McSkillz, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Not surprised you commented, you can sugarcoat the Bruins all you want but at the end of the day the UCLA win secured Stanford as the Pac-12 winners this year. But don't count us out of the NCAA tourney, I don't care if we are number 8 or number 16 or whatever, we have our full guns ready and we expect ourselves to go deep into the tourney, hopefully meeting you guys once again in the Championship.

11. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    a Pac conference title iis relatively meaningless. Every year, at least 6 teams get in. Big deal if the Pac is a 1-bid team, but it's not. Yeah u get bragging rights, but bragging rights don't even get you a ham sandwich

12. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #87 McSkillz, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    No it's still a big deal. Don't ever think it's meaningless to be top dog in Pac-12. It's a good competitive conference with some of the best teams in the nation(us included right?) so don't ever sell yourself short on that. It's a deal. All I said was what everyone else associated with Stanford thought, yes we wanted UCLA to win... only because we would be the champs, not because we like UCLA. Like I said, we have fight we may not have the personnel like you guys do but we have fight and we are going in like a charging bull, I hope to meet you guys in the end.

Second season is always a blank slate. With us, we should be scary to other teams because we are going in beating a 2 nationally placed team. You place us with USC again in the tournament, we'll beat that crybaby goalkeeper once again, no doubt.

13. Lord Kril

Lord Kril Member

Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Jul 3, 2018
    I think leaving a season with a trophy is a pretty big deal.

McSkillz repped this.
  14. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Uh no. Duke will be a 3 seed at least

15. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ok. I’ve dealt with your uneducated rediculous posts for a while now. But I’m gonna have to say STFU Please. That whiny crybaby gk is my kid and she happened to get cleaned out on that goal. Those tears come from the fact that may have broke ribs on that play. Based on every one of your posts I sure you have never played soccer at any competitive level. Cheer your team on show some class and don’t applaud when an opponent gets injured
    Zero class

derbarkasmann and cpthomas repped this.
  16. socalsoccer23

socalsoccer23 Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Phenomenal game...literally one of the best college games of the year thus far I think....could have went either way. Both teams so good, some nice soccer being played & fun to watch!
    Glove Stinks-- I hope your kid is ok!! She's an AMAZING goalkeeper-- enjoy watching her play!!

17. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks Socal
    She’ll be fine. A bit sore this morning. Pretty much everyone I know who watched that game summed it up exactly as you. UCLA took advantage of momentum after the Mace cannon. Hocking had a great chance as time wound down great save by UCLA keeper. Either team could have claimed this one but UCLA capitalized on their opportunities. Well played

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  18. Germans4Allies4

Jan 9, 2010
    A beautiful possession game doesn't exist in college soccer. It's all athletic and direct to garner results. Sound familiar (youth soccer, YNT program)?

19. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    No need to respond. Everyone on this forum knows how ridiculously dumb that person is.

20. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, come on, people. The Pac-12 is blessed with three massively awesome teams. Can't we just celebrate that? Athletes are allowed to cry. They have worked VERY hard for years to get as good as they are and play for the teams they do. It's important to them. Some people hold disappointment in, others let it out. Now lets go kick butt on the rest of the country. Final four: three Pac-12 teams.

blissett, socalsoccer23 and McSkillz repped this.
  21. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed! And @Glove Stinks, I apologize for the crybaby remark. I don't always say the right things sometimes and that definitely wasn't right. I hope she recovers fully so she can continue to make her team proud. I never played soccer in my youth, at least club soccer anyway. I played on the streets mostly because my parents couldn't afford(both financially and time-wise) to put me in club soccer. My dad worked all day and my mom suffered from a neurological disease that ended up taking her life eventually 5 years ago. I grew up worshipping people like Mia Hamm and Abby Wambach anyway and watching the game study all it's moving parts. IT also helped that my neighborhood best guy friend at the time was from Argentina and he played soccer every waking hour, teaching me the love of the game during my childhood. I was also fortunate enough to do well academically enough to attend UCLA and that's why I'm a die hard Bruin fan. It's definitely no excuse to be a rude idiot of course so I have to correct that behavior but hopefully this makes me seem a little more human and a little less like a douche.

22. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    I've seen a lot of good possession teams and the games are dull with little or no scoring, so it works both ways. If you are a good possession team but you are playing a solid opponent that is well-organized defensively, then you will not see a very exciting game, because playing buildup allows the opponent to get 8/9 people behind the ball, and there won't be many chances much less goals.

Soccerhunter repped this.
  23. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I appreciate your passion as a fan and your post

blissett and McSkillz repped this.
  24. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    If USC wins a National Championship, it will make up for their heartbreaking loss to UCLA from earlier this weekend.

That's the beauty of the NCAA tournament.
    You can right every wrong from your regular season.

25. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm going to revise my predictions for the 1- and 2-seeds. If it comes to fruition, a lot of people won't be happy.

Stanford _____ G'town ___ Virginia ________ ???
    FSU _________ WVU _____ ??? ____________ USF
    UNC _________ Baylor ___ Texas __________ South Carolina
    Santa Clara ___ UCLA ___ Southern Cal ___ ???