2018 Offseason news

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by phoenixhazard, Jan 16, 2018.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't find a roster moves thread so posting here...

Any chance we can go for a big DP signing? I feel that's what is missing right now, a player that can change the game on his own. There must be a few big names out there that can be lured here, much like a Giovinco...

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much activity on these boards any more, but you're certainly welcome to start new threads if you see any that are missing. ;)

In response to your question, I'm honestly not sure what the Sounders are looking for this off-season. They seem to view Dempsey and Lodeiro as the "game changer" type that you mention, but they also have a pretty packed front with Morris, Alonso, Rodriguez, and Roldan along with Dempsey and Lodeiro. I also think they feel the defense is set with Marshall, Nouhou, Torres, Leerdam, and Frei..

I'm certainly not agreeing with that view as there were times where the offense sputtered last season, but I'm just not sure the Sounders are looking to add a DP level player this off season.

3. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Sounders draft Christian' younger brother Alex Roldan.

4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sad if true. Dempsey is definitely not a game changer anymore and Lodeiro looked like a ghost of himself from the previous season.