2018 HOT Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by spykemanne, Mar 17, 2018.

1. luvthegame

luvthegame Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Maybe I missed something in that article. But I do not see where it says that all power 5 schools are REQUIRED to offer only 4 year scholarships. That was my point. Not all schools in the ACC HAVE to offer the 4 Years. I said nothing about cost of attendance. Some ACC schools may offer 4 year scholarships. But I know for a fact that not all the ACC schools opt into having to give the 4 year guaranteed scholarship. Some still go by the year by year model. If they sign someone to 4 years than yes they can not change that midstream. It is bound. But you do not have to sign someone to 4 years.

Maybe you should check your facts. And prove to me that you know what you are talking about.

If you are a parent of a prospect maybe you should take what a coach says to you As not always complete correct info.

If there is anyone out there that would like to chime in with their experience or understanding of the 4 year mandatory scholarship rule please do. I am not beyond being wrong.

2. chch

chch Member

Aug 31, 2014
    you can both be right, unless the NCAA/conference rule says the scholarship cannot diminish in value in out years, there's nothing to stop someone from setting years 2-4 to zero. Yes it would be very odd and awkward but it doesn't sound against the rule. It would have been really easy for the NCAA to say "can not diminish in value in any year from year 1" if they wanted to set a floor

LilKicker repped this.
  3. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Maybe you all can take this to a new thread. It doesn't belong here.

4. olelaliga

olelaliga Member

Aug 31, 2009
    yeah I am done

5. calcio1919

calcio1919 New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Nov 11, 2017
    It is good to see positions are getting filled. That leaves:

Montana
    UNC Asheville
    UTSA
    Western Michigan

Will western michigan just make emergency hire since it is so late? Interim head coach?

6. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    Jacksonville University is open. Spoke to someone who knows one of the coaches pretty well, happened over a phone call.

7. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't have to.

8. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Agree. It is only May. They can hire a coach in a few weeks time. Season doesn't start until August. Far from an emergency.

calcio1919 repped this.
  9. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017
    Apparently Montana job is filled. I heard the North Dakota assistant has accepted it.

10. DrivenShot

DrivenShot New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 5, 2018
    Any update on UTSA?

11. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    SIU-Carbondale was in final negotiations with a head coach last week to start that program for fall 2019.

12. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Idaho HC to UTSA tough on players at Idaho who just rallied to save their program.

13. calcio1919

calcio1919 New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Nov 11, 2017
    Confirmed? Would be hard to stay at Idaho if they did not say for sure the program would be around in the future. Someone was telling me it is a few year extension to figure out the finances.

Montana: Is Citowicki on the rise or Trentham turn it down? Division 3 head coach (successful) to associate head at N Dakota to Montana in about 7 years.

14. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can't blame him

15. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Looking at how much the North Dakota program improved this past year I’m guessing Citowiki knows what he is doing. I thought Trentham would have been the obvious choice but maybe Montana looked at how the ND program turned around and felt the assistant was the best person to lead their team.

16. HeadSpun

HeadSpun Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    G. Williams, the AC from Evansville will be SIU Carbondale's inaugural HC.

17. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Grant. Great dude and good coach!

LilKicker repped this.
  18. soccer1212

soccer1212 Member

Jan 17, 2017
  19. DrivenShot

DrivenShot New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 5, 2018
    UTSA officially hired the former Idaho Head Coach and made the announcement today.

20. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

Idaho almost cut their program so can’t blame the guy for wanting to get out but sucks for the players. Solid hire for UTSA.

The Montana hire is interesting. Doesn’t really jump out as a great hire on paper and the Missouri assistant would have been the sure thing, but looking at the North Dakota record this past fall they made a big jump so maybe there is something more to this hire.

21. calcio1919

calcio1919 New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Nov 11, 2017
    Citowicki does have interesting story - that write up was very different to most I have seen.

Feel bad for the players at Idaho. Bad place to be right now.

22. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Happy for the dude. Liked him when he was at Eastern Illinois and thought Evansville were lucky he went there. He will do a great job there.

I think the Montana hire is solid based on how North Dakota improved last year but I just checked out the hire release and the guy seems a little too confident he’s just gonna go there and be a success. Going from a small D3 college to a good mid major as head coach is going to be a bigger challenge than he thinks.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on at Jacksonville? I heard the Mercer assistant is interested but not sure if there is interest on the other end or not.

23. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I now have 6 openings -- I count a job as open until a school has published a statement about having filled the position:

Arkansas Pine Bluff (posted here as having been filled)
    Idaho
    Jacksonville
    Prairie View (posted here as having been filled)
    UNC Asheville
    Western Michigan (identified at website as having Kyle Ferris as Interim Head Coach

24. cali.soccer

cali.soccer Member

Aug 25, 2007
    This is from JU players/Coaches: Jacksonville Admin has strong ties to Longwood University. Someone mentioned Longwood Coach might be looking to leave leaving earlier this year? Look for this to be an option for JU as well? I can also see this being a great opportunity for a strong female hire. I say that with respect as JU only has like one or two female coaches currently.

25. 352formation

352formation Member

Reading FC
    Dec 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As in Longwood University Farmville, Virginia? The Head Coach isn't a female and they do not have a female assistant listed on their staff. Think we need a fact check on that.