2018 GD1: Lions v. DC United

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...maybe?

If the weather was predicted to get this bad, why didn't they try to arrive yesterday?

2. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I was there live, I thought the penalty call was fair, and didn't even see the foul committed to give PC a straight red by VAR.

Upon looking at the replay, the penalty was actually extremely harsh. That was ball-to-hand.

For the red, PC definitely threw his hand out. I can't tell if it was intentional, but lesser motions have been issued reds. The main problem I have is that No.22 came back out on the pitch before the stoppage was through, even though he received treatment on the pitch.

DC flopped all over the pitch. One of those flops was bit on, and led to their free-kick goal. Once the ref stopped biting, the Lions dominated possession. Over the full match, possession was 60-40 in our favor.

Once we're fully healthy, I think the team can make some noise this season.

3. mattyfire

mattyfire New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Concerning the player returning from treatment: any injury that is a result of misconduct (yellow or red card) the player is no longer required to leave if treated on the field in a reasonable amount of time. One of the lesser known changes when they changed the triple punishment and a bunch of other stuff.

All in all great heart shown to wrestle back a point. 7 players making their club debut. Excited for what the rest of the season has in store.