[2018 FIFA World Cup Russia] Korea vs Sweden 2018/06/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Your predicted results for Korea vs Sweden.

1. Korea will win.

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Korea will draw.

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Korea will lose.

29 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i honestly think any one of us here would do a better job managing than STY. We say the saem shit over and over and over again and STY never learns. How the hell have we gone thorugh 5 coaching changes in 8 years and not a single one was anywhere near competent

2. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Haha, thanks for the compliment. I know for sure, that if I were stuck with KSW as a striker option, I'd order players to not send long balls at ********ing SHM, but at Mr. Statue. Also, counterattacking strategy requires some steel in the midfield.

3. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    If senol or hiddink was managing our team yesterday we would've won yesterday. Another 4 years down the gutter

4. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seol Korea, Hodori and killaorca repped this.
  5. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    Bruh are these guys the only ones who didn't watch the Germany Mexico game? Safety first against Sweden??

6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    and this lack of technique will emerge even more when playing at higher (clubs) levels, it will look like he doesn't belong.

7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    can Stielike take over for the next two games?

#revisionism

i cant believe i even asked this. ******** you STY

8. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I seriously disagree: as embarrassing as STY is, the players were/are in woeful form. These players can’t guarantee a win against Sweden no matter who is coaching.

wetcrispy repped this.
  9. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    You cannot copy a formation that is suited to a specific crop of players with specific strengths and build... how the fck are you gonna copy pochettino’s 3atb system with FCKING KIM SHINWOOK?

I now seriously hope korea gets destroyed 20-0 in their next games. This asshole needs to learn a lesson.

Red_Beans, killaorca and Chucky2202 repped this.
  10. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    Lol they'll suffer another Algeria-like rape in front of President Moon

http://v.sports.media.daum.net/v/20180620062109119

nmssis repped this.
  11. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    But nothing will make him happier than Korea being humbled by a third world country. He is the most plastic and superficial president I have ever seen. His policy is exactly the way the left wing consensus dictates.

His followers definitely love Korean soccer's fall from grace because they see KFA as Hyundai's avatar.

And don't get me wrong. I am not a follower of Park Geunhye. I hated that bitch from day 1. Even Lee Myongbak fooled me into thinking he might be an OK president for a few months but I saw Park for what she was from day 1.

The creationists both in Park's and Moon's cabinet, though both were rejected by more down to earth Korean assembly, tell a lot about superficiality of these two.

Red_Beans and nmssis repped this.
  12. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    I literally just got nauseous. Doesn’t this guy have an advisor or something to edit his shit before it gets written or reported? This should not have made it out for public reading.

chook90 repped this.
  13. HwaRang

HwaRang Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KSW = Harry Kane confirmed.

wetcrispy repped this.
  14. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    And maybe Hiddink should have been fired for cutting Lee Dong-gook who once had played in Germany.

15. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Hiddink seriously considered LDG till the last minute. It is different from not calling him up at all even to evaluate. STY is very similar to HMB and Shtilike in this regard.

16. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    #1016 Rob_Brighton, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    I don't think Suk or Ji would be significantly better than the players that are in this squad, though I would definitely have picked Suk over Shin. But he's been playing in a second rate team in Turkey after playing in Hungary - so I'm not so confident he's in good enough form to offer much. As for Ji, he hadn't been playing enough in the past few years to merit serious consideration, and he doesn't really have any outstanding qualities as he's not a great target man nor does he have the speed to play on the wings.

I don't see why Stielike is being compared to STY, because he used Suk and Ji and seemed to value them. Hwang Ui Jo seemed to be better at connecting the passes in the more Spanish style he preferred though, and LJH had a knack for making timely runs and poaching important goals.

17. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I don't like Ji much and am glad he was not picked. He is foppish and thinks too much of himself.

If Heo(Friendly Radish) or Cha or even Cho Kwangrae was in charge they would have brought Paik Seungho. That is because they were star players and the future of Korean soccer is very important to them while Shin was not such a star player.

Shin may be right. Paik probably would not have been as useful but he would have been picked by other managers who care more about the future. Especially because it was rather obvious from the outset after LGH, YGH, KMJ and Kwon were injured this squad woudn't go very far.

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He has played and scored 6 times for Troyes in French Ligue Un. Without his injury it could've been more. Troyes got relegated, but Suk is apparently signing a contract with Angers for the next season.

nmssis repped this.
  19. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    A player who has been injured long-term during the past season usually has fitness issues. I like him more than Shin, but 6 goals in Ligue 1 doesn't demand selection.

20. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Shows fear, lack of confidence. I can sort of see why, shit results in friendlies, and probably fear of Sweden hitting that shaky defense with an aerial onslaught. Doesn't mean it's a good mindset.

21. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    imagine a world where athletes are mentally affected by what fans say about them

22. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Just about every manager since Hiddink has exhibited this intimidated mindset. Advocado, Choi KH, hong MB. You name him, he’s shit his pants.

Why is everyone (not u) acting so surprised now? Shin TY is hardlly competent enough to handle this job and the talent level is about as bad as it’s ever been. Of course he was going ro park the Friggen bus.

23. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Imagine a world where korean toffee is replaced with machetes

Testator repped this.
  24. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion

this would've been a proper reaction after we lost the bosnia match.

25. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic