[2018 FIFA World Cup Russia] Korea vs Sweden 2018/06/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Your predicted results for Korea vs Sweden.

1. Korea will win.

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Korea will draw.

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Korea will lose.

29 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Part of the old guard; most koreans nowadays are atleast 6 ft tall if you aren't you are a midget.

2. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I hate to seem like I'm defending the manager, but Swedish strikers and especially defenders were extremely tall.
    Granqvist- 192 cm
    Jansson- 194 cm
    Lustig -189 cm
    Toivonen- 189 cm
    Berg- 185 cm

Jansson had 2-3 chances from set pieces alone. Now, KSW on paper seems a good way to counter this, even though SHJ is actually better in air, but didn't get called up.

seolseol repped this.
  3. Shinović

Shinović Member

Jul 5, 2016
    AFTV Studio
    Not only is this bellend a tactically inept ******** but also an idiot that plays into dumb fabricated anti-asian hollywood stereotypes that all asians look the same and are midgets. Shin should be sacked immediately and Grande should take charge of the remaining games.

Seol Korea, Hodori and chook90 repped this.
  4. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    Korea cannot and should not try to match their opponents in the area of real or perceived physical attribute disadvantage. They need to maximize whatever advantage they can create. In the past, this was a determination to play harder than their opponents, which actually was a big advantage. They need to do this by applying pressure and forcing mistakes.

Kor_Ita_21, soul24rage and Testator repped this.
  5. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Determination, speed and general athleticism should defeinitely be the aims of any KNT that wants to succeed. Although, a few robust players would really help, for ball-winning.

chook90 repped this.
  6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thats because you only count goals. Koo has been huge in every position on the pitch. And Koo has hit plenty of nice passes and certainly infinitely more than HHC who can't hit a pass of any sort.

You don't build or judge chemistry in one match. We have zero chemistry anyway so I'd rather have players in decent places.

If STY wanted to copy Tottenham, the Son-Alli link could be copied with Son and Koo.

Hodori repped this.
  7. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Still even STY is a vast improvement over the previous generation. Previous generations just automatically assumed that we were short even when we were taller by 2 inches. Even Mexicans or Turks, even though they are shorter than us,... their approximately Caucasoid looks guaranteed that these old fools considered them tall.
    On the other hand they always considered Japanese to be short even when they were taller than us during the 60's and 70's.

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I really envy Japan. Honestly thought they'd suck as mcuh as we do. I was completely wrong.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And really obsessed with 1980s era football ideas of obsessing on size.

10. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    BS. I was never thinking about the amount of goals. I meant his general play and bad habit of ruining our flow. And I was talking about all of the games he has played in the past years (starting from the Stielike era).

11. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Did you hear that Hyok? You are a midget by a good margin.

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He hasn't performed for KNT because nobody knows how to use him. You cannot expect him to be a disciplined DM or glue-man 10.

He's been great for Augsburg. Period.

13. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    who hurt u

sogyeokdong, Hodori and Testator repped this.
  14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Sporadically demanding a player to perform.. at the biggest stage after being ignored completely for good year.. is too much imo. Not to mention, he didn't even have defined role (could say the same for majority of the players in starting XI vs Sweden)...

simply.. chaotic mess & I don't want to fault the players too much.

Hodori repped this.
  15. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Thus sayeth the SJW naively hoping for an easy lay.

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I hate being a KNT supporter now....wow

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    STY's trick may have been to compact the team in our box and ensure a draw while hoping for goal scoring chance against slower Sweden with Hwang, Son's speed on counter attack and KSW's head for longballs in Sweden's box. Son and other players mentioned post game something about how it's important to not get scored on was most important or something blah blah.

It's such a feeble plan. It's a fantasy drawn up out of desperation and total lack of preparation. Our players were not good enough to make this plan work and Son could not pierce through the entire field from playing defense and score on counterattack. KSW was garbage.

The look of befuddlement on STY and even the fans faces when we ran out of subs and the game plan was going nowhere and it's only like 75' minute just says it all.

This is what we get bc of entire lack of preparation from KFA to player selection, tactics, friendlies, just everything.

WC 2018 is an EPIC failure.

Seol Korea, aeh1991, Kor_Ita_21 and 4 others repped this.
  18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    STY said "I used KSW to win the ball in the air in set pieces. Our strategy was to defend first and then counter-attack".

Counter-attack with KSW?.......

Ice cube, Seol Korea, chook90 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    SHJ and JDW would've put that away with ease.

20. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Perhaps you and the other guy should stop making excuses for him. You completely overrate him and you have absolutely zero basis to rate this junk.

Pretty tired of this Koo echo chamber. It is the worst.

21. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    May SHJ but JDW would have slid away from the scoring position because he was too scared. Mentally he is such garbage.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    STY should be fired for not calling up JDW, SHJ and LCM at all to Paju. I really think he has a lingering complex from not making it to the WC02 squad. He's hell bent on finding a non-establishment player to do wonders on the world stage when we have established European campaigners.

This loser tries so hard to find a midfield combination using inferior players. Then, without using the KSY/KJC at all, he suddenly resorts to it using unfamiliar tactics?

All the red flags have been there since a couple of months ago. Hell, all the red flags have been there since he failed to get us past Honduras in Rio. His career will be rightfully finished after this WC.

chook90 repped this.
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yeah stint with Rio was a red flag, biggest red flag in u20. I'm so pissed about both of these campaigns.

24. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    Why do I feel like this dude was trying to emulate Iran?

killaorca repped this.
  25. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jdw...lmao. No.