2018 Fifa World Cup Russia: General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by JRB92, Jun 13, 2018.

1. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly. People in Mexico would bitch if they played that way but not if they made it far.

sidspaceman and LGRod repped this.
  2. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Needs more Saudi Arabia, Panama and Egypt.

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Your people kicked them off your island, why would you have love for them **********s

4. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Porque mi tátara-tátara-tátara-tátara-abuelo era francés...same reason half of Latin America gave for jumping on the Spain bandwagon a decade ago :D

LGRod repped this.
  5. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but...Saudi Arabia only had one bad game. No shame in losing by the bare minimum to Uruguay, and then they stuck a dagger into archrival Egypt at the last minute.

chiva_guero and Kaney repped this.
  6. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not me.

Hellz to the no.

no.

Hugo Sanchez, Otaku, sidspaceman and 2 others repped this.
  7. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    I heard this a lot and I find it annoying, but this is coming as a Mexico fan and playing pretty means nothing if you don't win. Also, people seem to forget that France lost a Euro Cup two years ago to Portugal, a team that only won one game in regulation the whole tournament. Hell, even Spain in 2010 won every knockout round game by a single goal. If you sit down and analyze what France did in terms of defense and all the boring shit that doesn't really make the highlights it is really impressive.

I would say the French style was pragmatic and reminded me of the German one during the 2017 Confederations Cup. This strategy was content with ceding possesion to the other team but burning them on the counter with clinical finishing and speed. Even while getting outpossesed, outpassed and outshot it always seemed like France was in xontrol.

Kaney, Robertinho21 and Otaku repped this.
  8. Californian81

Californian81 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017

I actually think we should make radical changes to our play style and completely due away with possession style football.

We should study what Germany and France have done to win the past two cups and shift our strategy to mimic this.

I'm tired of going out in the R16. I want to see something different for 2022/2026.

Skadrist repped this.
  9. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    I think Mexico should develop two styles of play. One to use against CONCACAF teams and one to use against Top 8 teams.

Kaney, icybauer and It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Well, those Hispanics you mention get criticised for that. Spain bandwagoning is big on the other side of your island, the Dominican Republic. But few have actual Spanish connections, or are like you in that they had an ancestor that owned the other ancestor, and produced offspring through ownership, not marriage.

But hey, yall do you. There's a Dominican poster here who stans Spain bigtime, uclacarlos.

12. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not me.

I don't even feel American.

Hugo Sanchez
    Sin Patria

Kaney, Piedraias, Romario'sgurl and 2 others repped this.
  13. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Hmmm...............finally someone that understands the reality of the pathetic pain that we showcase every 4 years. We must be the same age................then again probably not, but i still have that pain of 94..........along with 98, 02, 06, 10, 14, and 18...........nothing has changed. I wish i can tell you it would get better but since we have the idiots of the FMF running things, we are really not going nowhere 22, 26.................and beyond, sadly. Remember though, fans will still keep packing the stadiums though................................... we do what what do best.

Californian81 and SGuerrilla repped this.
  14. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I get what your saying and completely agree with you. Nevertheless when its all said and done...........its called talent.............something we dont have, and if we do, we dont have enouth of it. Its sad, its pathetic....................but its true, we have'nt been there since the yesterday of things..............sorry.

Californian81 repped this.
  15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia