2018 FIFA World Cup Russia & 2019 AFC Asian Cup UAE Qualifiers [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Apr 8, 2015.

1. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    WTF? Stielike is retarded as fk....

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    translate?

3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Basically the so-called 'professional' journalists and commentators are now piling to take a punt at Stielike, saying that he was sh*tting on K-League from the beginning. Tbh, I don't buy it. Just seems like the journalists and commentators wanting an easy way out after so profusely shining his balls.

skimmilk, killaorca and chook90 repped this.
  4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This.

I don't have interest in covering for Stielike, but there I don't see a good reason to assent to claims from Korea's ********ed up media.

5. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Uli has incentive to stay. He is desperate to stay and I believe he will prove himself against Syria. I believe in players too.

6. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    The time matches, so I think this one is at least true

7. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    Kim Hwan is a pretty famous/credible person, so I wouldn't doubt him too much. Although again, take it not face value.

8. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    Stelike said something really stupid (I am surprised that K League is in the semi final of the ACL) in a meeting with K League managers. Choi pissed off, demanded an apology, which Uli did (basically now he's not on good terms with Choi). However, that just goes to show Uli's attitude towards K League was ********ed up from the start.

jessypjs repped this.
  9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Stielike never viewed highly of the K-League and never will, in fact he said that the level of K-League was sub-par. After all, this is the guy who views highly of the CSL and Qatari League, commenting on how the CSL is a "good" league and that it's a "good thing" for our players to be receiving offers from them.

To simply put it, Stielike doesn't give a damn about the K-League, and attending nearly every matches is all for show.

killaorca repped this.
  10. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe he is after a contract from CSL or QSL. Qatari media and fans had a melt down the other day after losing to Iran and they are going to reorganize their league and football federation. It seems they have snapped. They are tired of other nations calling their team mercenary team and may shut down the door on foreigners. It leaves Uli with one choice only, CSL! I suggest you groom him well, send him to Chinese market and sell him for highest bidder!:)

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unfortunately, even the Chinese don't want him. That's how bad Stielike is.

killaorca repped this.
  12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    doubt they'll chase Stielike, given that most CSL clubs have millions to spend on world class managers.

13. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    there is always 을급리그

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That's not the point here. If they had known that all along, why did they leave it so late to make this 'revelation'? Just shows that they are oppotunistic cowards who are more than happy to jump on the boat wherever it goes.

Making hindsight commentary when all the sh*t has come through, not exactly the hardest thing to do.

chook90 repped this.
  15. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Iran has an actual identity as a team: tough and defensive. They've been playing like that for years and have become very good at it.

Nobody knows what Korea's identity is.

KiarashM repped this.
  16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We once had a thing called '뻥축구', but that too disappeared under Stielike.

killaorca repped this.
  17. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    would have basically gotten jumped if they did

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    So? What's the point of a journalist/commentator if all they do is parrot what the public want to hear? :rolleyes:

Korean sports journalists and commentators are pathetic. Full stop.

chook90 repped this.
  19. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    Pathetic fans really. That's the heart of it

20. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #245 +PL+, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    That identity you are talking about is a thin layer over our NT. Iranian traditional style is weak and unorganized defense, very strong attacking midfield / wingers and decent forwards. You look at our league and see it is the same signature with few exceptions. CQ could only instill few defensive aspects to our league with minor success in club level but major success in our NT. Next year he will leave after WC and we go back to square one because majority of Iranians including coaches, players, media and fans are not fan of ultra defensive style. We will see what happen after he leaves the team but I predict we go back to our traditional style of tough attacking team with some emphasizes on defense.

As for traditional Korean football , I think your signature has been always very fast wingers on attacks/counter attack with great tiki taka and ball control. At least that is the style which I am familiar from mid 2000s. The problem is you guys don't have the likes of ChaDuri to run fast and fill that role for you anymore. Something went wrong in your league or youth development that stopped producing fast and strong wingers/mid fielders. Koreans used to be really good on shots. Now what we see is mostly few weak and off target balls. I don't watch K League so you guys should know about the problems. Is it the food, training, media attention, or alternative sports or careers that dried presensce of your physically strong and fast players.

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, that's the biggest BS I always hear. Fans are fickle anywhere around the world. It's up to the journalists and commentators to decide whether they want to be fickle and write whatever the public wants or write a decent article.

22. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Critical thinking is not hypes forte. He'll happily compare apples with oranges and smile about it.

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  24. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    irans june match is at home vs uzbek. win or draw, they will have pretty much sealed their place and they will play against us on august with zero pressure. judging by the recent trend i think we can count that match as a loss for korea (maybe we get lucky and pull a draw) which probably means we have to beat uzbek at their turf

chook90 repped this.
  25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    some ********ed up situation we find ourselves in