[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Uzbekistan 2017/09/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dunno how Iran feels about us, but because of what they did for Korea, I have to say Iran is not a country of cunts anymore to me. No more memories of 주먹감자.

Zandi360 repped this.
  2. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was after Iran and Syria tied.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    but still the game didn't end and nothing was definite. Syria could have scored another one...

4. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    If he can finish at all. Getting defensive stability is priority. If that is attained, then it forces opposition teams to overextend forwards. Maybe it's not the strikers who would score chances.

5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

@4:16 Either JTBC were able to time travel or they were lying to me, but as soon as our match ended, their match ended as well.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    really??? when I was watching it, STY was having an interview while the Iran vs Syria game was going on...I was pretty pissed.

melonbarmonster repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yep..I distinctly remember the camera turned to STY's interview and then to the players greeting the supporters while the end of the Iran-Syria game was being shown in the corner of the screen. They also had at least 6 minutes of stoppage time iirc, twice as much as we did.

9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The commentator clearly stated that the Iran vs Syria match wasn't over yet.

10. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, the interview and celebrations went on during the last minute or so of Iran - Syria.
    Syria's equaliser and STY's interview were only second apart iirc

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There was at least roughly 2 minutes left from the stoppage time from what I can remember.

12. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, either way it was stupid af and embarrassing for them to celebrate.
    Imagine if Syria scored the winner....

Ice cube, Kanuck, killaorca and 2 others repped this.
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like Tuck Kyung-ho's premature goal celebration:

14. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    LOL. Then Iran also should thank all the countries that lost to them in the WCQ. They did not intend to lose but their losses helped Iran qualify right?

If you want to thank Iran you should also thank China, Uzbeks(I actually think we owe them a certain amount of gratitude for sportsmanship which Iran totally lacks, especially in their treatment of the visitors) and all the countries that lost to us in the second round.

GoonerDoz repped this.
  15. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't get how we owe Iran anything and why they are getting applauded by our fans. Yes, they drew with Syria which meant that we finished 2nd in the Group. Syria played well too. But Iran didn't do us any "favours" as such. They are a professional outfit and went about their business. Every player is naturally fighting for a place in the starting XI and will try their best. The table never lies and we finished 2nd based on OUR play.

doraemon and Fector repped this.
  16. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well said, Iran always treats Korea like rubbish when they visit. Hardly hospitable people.

Fector repped this.
  17. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Korea doesn't deserve to go to russia. Horrible horrible team.

TaegukRedDevil and nmssis repped this.
  18. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005

Someone start a prayer chain for this

DHMGKorea and Kanuck repped this.
  19. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    1- I don't think Korea 'owe' Iran but certainly would be and should be glad Iran didn't end up losing to Syria. The fact that Syria took the lead and ended up drawing Iran, albeit in extra time, gives the idea of Syria beating Iran in Tehran some plausibility, but I was never really worried about losing to Syria. Pretty much the worse result I could have expected happened.

That said, the source of Fector's rather unhealthy obsession trying to denigrate Iran isn't clear to me? Most of his comments and gripes about Iran's team either do not sound right to me or are clearly biased and exaggerated.

2- Watching the Korea-Uzbekistan highlights, it seems to me S.Korea actually played rather well and would have deserved to win. I counted at least 4-5 very good scoring chances the Koreans squandered, while I didn't see any clear cut chances for Uzbekistan. It makes me feel less sympathy for the Uzbeks being eliminated by Syria's equalizer in injury time against Iran.

20. fightingchuyoung

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really don't get why you guys think Guus Hiddink is the perfect coach. Pretty sure he had less than a 39% win rate as the head coach of Korea during his spell. He is not the answer...

21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Pretty sure Hiddink put together the best KNT is Korea's history as well as producing the best generation of Korean footballers outside of Cha Beumkun.

22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I agree, that he is not THE answer, but he may be our BEST answer right now. I'd be curious if Hiddink might use the 'kids'

DHMGKorea repped this.
  23. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Relied on mostly a veteran team. The youngest player that played actively was probably Park Ji Sung when he was like 21. Lee Seung Woo would be 19 years old.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    But back then there were completely different circumstances. We didn't have the talents like we do now. Still, overall performance was by worlds better.

25. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    It's pretty obvious that ppl here, including myself, are joking.. like we are also "thanking" China. They still basically "helped" us get qualified by beating their opponents regardless of whether they had intentions to help us or not.

I have no idea what ppl r on about when they are expecting Hiddink to find hidden gems. LYP, PJS, and SJG were all found by HJM way before Hiddink came..

I know how Koreans change their mind quickly about their "heroes".. Ex: CBK..CDR... etc..
    If I just try to be selfish, then I will def agree with ppl wanting to get Hiddink to get some benefits in a short pd of time, but I dont really want my childhood hero to be a public enemy just because he doesnt succeed in 2018 with these rubbish players. If he gets tenure until 2022, which I doubt will happen, then I def want him to lead our NT..