[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Uzbekistan 2016/11/15 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Nov 15, 2016.

1. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I never trolled here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well you either did or unintentionally click-baited us with that article link in which KFA supposedly confirmed they won't fire Stielike.

3. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It was an article about how there are so many managers in short amount of time.

My point being dont fire uli.

4. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its only around three of you that you called 'us'. I dont care.

5. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am expressing my opinion. Im not trolling. Its only because I want Uli to stay.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I'd accept if we won without visible problems against Uzbekistan. But no we had our struggles as always. Players didn't know how to attack, defenders were clueless and shaky as always (best example Kim Ki-Hee's mistake), there was no real fighting spirit in such an important match (at least I couldn't see it), Stielike didn't change his behaviour off the pitch (always looking like he doesn't care at all) and no self reflecting post-match interview as always (another desilusional "we did everything alright") and the so-called plan A didn't work at all, while plan B was cross->wookie header->lucky rebounce goal (which would never work against European sides where wookie's height is no big advantage anymore), showing that tactically Stielike has no clues. If you still think we will do well in Russia, then F*** You LYS, too.

7. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Man..thank goodness that uzbek gk is fatter than lee won jae. his vertical failed him on the equalizer .

Ceezy, nmssis, Marco91 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    All I can say is that our defenders fking suck. These defenders playing in China shud stay away from NT. "Playing in China doesnt make us bad" my ass.

ConcernedK and TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  9. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I don't understand why he keeps on saying...plan A, plan B etc. There is no plan, end of story.

Seol Korea and skimmilk repped this.
  10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hey3?

that perfectly weighted through pass by shm...lovely!

11. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    I'm sorta getting real tired of this assertion that Korean defenders in China are way shittier than defenders playing in the kleague.

What is this? An inside joke or something ?

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Plan A is to backpass. Plan B is to pass sideways. Plan C is throw on KSW/SHJ and hope for good bounces.

Seol Korea, doraemon and Marco91 repped this.
  13. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Trying to learn here I suppose. Do you have anything that's Stielike specific as a complaint ? Everything you noted as problems have been around for a decade and that's being conservative. I'm all for hearing them and want to skim the scapegoating posts.

14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    As if the best defenders from Kleague got chance to play for our NT?

15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    I just think you're splitting hairs at this point. Granted I should be paying better attention to these matches but you all have to admit the complaints here mirror those that have been around for years. If he gets fired so be it but I really cannot stand scapegoating.

I think it's about time we start being honest with ourselves.

Hyok repped this.
  16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Many got their chance & most weren't convincing before they moved to China (Kim JY, Kim KH and so forth). And you have Kwak TH.. who .. imo.. was the most stable defender til recently & well.. he is back in K-league.

17. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Players like Kim Hyung-Il did not get any chance to shine.

18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    "구자철은 결승골을 넣은 뒤 경기 후 인터뷰에서 감독의 지시에 따라 3선에서 수비 빌드업에 집중했으나 김신욱이 홍철과 오랫동안 약속해둔 전술이 있다며 올라올 것을 요청한 덕에 골을 넣을 수 있었다고 밝혔다. "

http://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=260&aid=0000001105

lol and yet KFA thinks we won because of Stielike's tactics.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Good & he shouldn't at all considering he is 32. This obsession with really old & slow defender with 2 senior cap since 2009 needs to end. One (Kwak TH) is enough....

edit - also, just because he did well against Hulk once (who returned from long injury & wasn't 100% fit) in ACL doesn't justify he belongs with NT ..

20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    But if the team is getting fked every time in defense during QUALIFICATION matches, it is definitely considerable, especially when the same players are making stupid mistakes all the time. We shouldnt really use KTH either if we really want to think about the future. But right now, it is all about getting qualified for the WC.

Instead of LJH, Stielike should've called up a few CBs to test out against Canada.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And what makes you think having him in the squad will somehow solve the defensive issue or improve? Granted, it could in "theory" but considering he has zero experience with the current squad... and hardly any international experience (I wonder why.. Uli wasn't the only manager who ignored him), I think the defense will have more chemistry issue at the back (especially a slow one that requires other defenders to cover for him).

22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    And what makes you think it wont? You never know until you actually try it. Why would you stick with players who are getting fked miserably every single time they are called up?

Speaking of chemistry issue, Stielike has been changing the CBs every single match as well. No "best" defense line for our NT so far.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Except they aren't every single time as you pointed. They aren't great but many of you are just highlighting their deficiencies.

As for the 2nd bold part, he mostly stuck with 5 players (KTH, HJH, KYG, KKH, and JHS). Agreed on him giving other players a try but not 32 yr old that offers nothing to the current squad.

24. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually envy Korea's position, I would say they have a better chance of making the World Cup than the USA!

Hyok repped this.
  25. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Yep. For all the griping about the quality of play, there are teams doing much worse. Australia isn't looking very good, either.