[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Syria 2016/09/06 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    You went too far. He was one of the worst managers for our NT. Not that he's a bad manager himself. He just didnt have the passion for the team. He was basically forced to lead the team.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    That's the thing, even though CKH didn't want to do his job, he still managed to get us to the World Cup. However, Stielike is trying really hard and have 2 years of experience working with this team but I doubt we'll make it to the World Cup.

3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Yeah barely. With goal difference. We were really lucky.
    Too early to judge. I am pretty sure we will still qualify. But I bet our team wont get thru the group stage in Russia.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    My guess is that we'll be around 3rd or 4th. Qatar will do everything to qualify to the world cup before 2022. They know what to do to beat us especially with the ref. We won't beat Iran or Uzbekistan.

5. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #280 LeeSeungWoo, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Well, you should remember that we didnt have Son and Suk for this match. We will be better with them. And hopefully with 23 players.

But TBH, even without them, we should've done much better. This possession tactic doesnt really suit Korea.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I guess, but I think it's best for us to keep our expectation low.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Honestly Korea needs to change tactics depending on the opponents.
    Against Qatar/Syria=use direct long ball to the tall striker method. 2 on top, and they need to be lethal with their shooting. Have bodies inside the box.
    Against Uzbekistan and China=possession based football but everyone must be fully fit. Our best K-leaguers should be able to beat these teams.
    Against Iran=defensive counterattacking style. Have them come out their half and we hit them hard with a counter.

8. Ayumiconiq

Ayumiconiq Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Stielike will never do anything remotely like this :mad:

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yes that's why you need to pick certain players to do certain tactics but the problem is that we'll face say China one day and in few days we face Syria for example. In each of these games we need different players but I guess that's why we are allowed 23 players...
    But for Stielike to only call up 19 players, it just shows he's a one trick pony that can't even do that one trick properly.

10. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I'd love to see us qualify through playoffs. Have 5 AFC teams instead of 4 @ WC.

11. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    normally when player is injured he is taken OUT OF FIELD and allowed back in at the next opportunity. the ref in this game just let syrian GK grassroll until the end of time.:mad:

12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    doubt this team can beat 4th placed CONCACAF team. We probably can't beat Costa Rica or Honduras, and we sure as hell can't beat Mexico (or Estados Unidos).

13. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Do y'all think lsw and psh woulda made a impact to this match?

14. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Either the hot weather got to his head or he's purely delusional like his cult followers.

17. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    i cant believe some of you actually are convinced we're not going to qualify. i know our boys aren't meeting our stupid expectations but look at who we're dealing with here in terms of opponents. will we get more draws than we should -- probably, but we will get there. its like 90% likely we qualify -- get a grip everyone.

Angel Bear repped this.
  18. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    orca, i wasnt targeting you. you know i <3 u and your pessimistic ways.

killaorca repped this.
  19. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i mean while i do agree w you, i think a lot of us here are just getting war flashbacks on our road to qualifying in 2014 where we went through by the hairs of our asses

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm the dog
    [​IMG]

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know man, there's a good chance that we're not getting 2 points off of Iran. Call me a panic trip, but I can just hear CQ cooking up a trap for us next month from miles away.

You're free to hit that ignore button if you find my posts anymore annoying, it's cool.

chook90 repped this.
  22. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    If we qualify we will be humiliated in the group stages. At least if we fail to qualify there might be some drastic changes and the pleasure of seeing plastics panic wondering why Korea isn't in the WC.

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    basically my thought.

24. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read the comments after M2 in multiple Iranian news agencies and the majority of fans said we are going to get dump by Uzbek and Korea with these garbage performances we had in first two games. Our performance and result disappointed me yesterday.

25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1+ -0 Iran.
    1+ -0 Iran.

korea gets dumped