[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Iran 2016/10/11 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

MotM v. Iran? 0-1 L

Poll closed Oct 14, 2016.
  1. Ji DW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Son HM

4.5%
  3. Lee CY

4.5%
  4. Kim BK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ki SY

13.6%
  6. Han KY

4.5%
  7. Kwak TH

4.5%
  8. Kim KH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kim SG

68.2%
  1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    He played in the hardest match in this WCQ and yet people blame on him but not on Son and the others.

LeeSeungWoo and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  2. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KBK can't play in CM with KSY against good opposition. i wouldn't mind seeing him as CAM and drifting left with SHM cutting in. that way our FB can stay back. he's not an ideal 10 against good opposition but we don't have many options there. which leaves him pretty much as a sub option imo. but i think he's a player that needs 45+ min to get into the groove of the game and be effective.

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO

It's not only the opposition the problem. KBK made his return to KNT after months, if not years, and basically found himself in a complete new scenario in wich he was supposed to play another style of football, with others "midfield partners" and without any chemistry in midfield and defense. No chanche for him to do well, no matter how good or bad the opposition was.

chook90 and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  4. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #829 wetcrispy, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    you may be right and he should've been called up earlier this year imo, but NT schedules limit non core players' chances to integrate into the squad. moreso than club sides, they have to show their value when their opportunity comes because of the infrequent matches.

most NT managers seem to have a cluster of players they tend to stick with in selection, to the grievance of fans. and i think it's understandable, because it's inherently less risky to stick with a known player you've invested time in training, as opposed to a new player with more unknown variables. i thought players like Lee Myungjoo and Lee Jongho should've gotten more opportunities when they were in form, but there's only so many spots and there will always be x amount that fans will disagree with. more vehemently so when the tide of public opinion has turned on the manager.

chook90 and Marco91 repped this.
  5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I cant believe people actually voted for the best KNT player vs Iran. What a joke.

chook90 repped this.
  6. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's done for every match. And the votes are overwhelmingly for the GK which is no surprise.

Marco91 repped this.
  7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    To me this match never happened. Lol.

8. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    what kind of phone is this?

9. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Galaxy s7

10. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    isn't that the one that tends to explode?

11. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, that's the galaxy Note 7.

chook90 repped this.
  12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you guys have a link to watch the full match preferably a youtube link (other than AFC hub)?

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  14. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Iran playing with high pressing and aggresive style, but still SHITLIKE wants to play tiki taka. Wow, when a coach is dumb, then there is not remedy.

chook90 repped this.
  15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Have you seen us under different managers play other teams in the past playing a high press? Your anger is misdirected. I guarantee you this is not the Germans fault

16. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    All the managers S. Korea had are tactically mediocres, excpet for Hiddink. So that's not a surprise to me.

17. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    At what point are you going to blame the mediocre talent?

18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    When i will see a good manager, with experience in european top leagues (most noticeable italian league), and do just as bad as SHITLIKE is doing now, but that won't happen.

Not every coach can win the liga with Barcelona.

19. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, Friendship Radish breezed through qualification and took our team to the Round of 16 with a much younger and less experienced version of this team without SHM no less. A bad coach makes things worse, an average coach maintains the status quo, and a good coach pushes a team to the top regardless of talent.

As it stands now, Stielike is somewhere 1000 miles below bad coach. He's turned an average team into a band of retarded penguins.

Sons of Thunder, chook90 and Marco91 repped this.
  20. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    But How much of that is team chemistry? Of which we seem to have none of. Understand I'm not trying to be a dick. This are questions any realist or cynic would ask.

21. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The entire NT setup is doing a bad job of maximizing team chemistry imo. I may be being ignorant, but the preparations leading up to each WCQ round 3 matches so far have been terrible. What the hell is 3 days of training?

On top of that, Stielike (or whoever is in charge) is calling up players who play across different time zones and schedules, without preparing a training schedule that will gel together the players as much as possible.

I don't know how top national teams deal with this issue, but I really think KNT can do better than tossing all the players from 6+ different countries and have them barely train for 3 days.

Stielike, as head coach, should talk about this with the coaching staff and devise some sort of plan.

wetcrispy, Seol Korea and killaorca repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Again, 3 days is not a viable nor is it a sufficient time to get the team prepared. If anyone of you read Bonfrere's interview that I've recently posted, he mentioned how much it was a bad idea considering the players will be extremely tired as soon as they arrive, but they have to inevitably train that day which adds even more exhaustion to the players.

Sons of Thunder, chook90 and wetcrispy repped this.
  23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know how good of a facility is Paju National Football Center, but I want to compare it to Jeonbuk Hyundai clubhouse. I think KFA should swallow some pride and visit/study the Jeonju club's rehab facilities.

I hope KFA can invest in the latest sports medicine tech to improve player rehab. Especially since these days the KNT relies so much on players based in foreign countries.

Again, I don't have any info on Paju NFC. Someone more knowledge about this can maybe put some input.

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Paju NFC is actually one of the best training facilities in the world.

chook90 repped this.
  25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How does it compare to say, St. George's Park?